View Full Version : I wonder wonder who?

LaughingTerry
05-18-2010, 06:34 AM
7 more of my new caches popped up. I wonder who will FTF these. Shewolf got the first 4, then Tandemstoker got 5 of the next 6 and WhereRWe? & RULost2? grabbed one out from under her. LOL

WhereRWe?
05-18-2010, 06:54 AM
Sheesh! We're not worried about the getting the FTF's, but we wish we knew that you were going to place more. Gas is still expensive, you know! LOL!

brdad
05-18-2010, 07:30 AM
Sheesh! We're not worried about the getting the FTF's, but we wish we knew that you were going to place more. Gas is still expensive, you know! LOL!

Perhaps if you'd read the forums lately (http://www.geocachingmaine.org/forum/showthread.php?p=65632#post65632) you'd have known! :p

WhereRWe?
05-18-2010, 08:13 AM
Perhaps if you'd read the forums lately (http://www.geocachingmaine.org/forum/showthread.php?p=65632#post65632) you'd have known! :p

Sheesh! You know I read the forums - it's remembering what I read that's the problem! LOL!

(But I didn't realize he was putting 32 new caches in such a small area. Another power run - but with good caches and a great area to be caching in.)

JustKev
05-18-2010, 08:36 AM
Sheesh! You know I read the forums - it's remembering what I read that's the problem! LOL!

If you don't even know where you are why would you expect to remember what you read?

JustPJ66
05-18-2010, 08:50 AM
I was encouraged to see that there were many different size caches here...looking forward to doing these one day...we even talked with my mom about the three of us going and taking a picnic lunch and making a whole day of it.

pjpreb
05-18-2010, 01:12 PM

(But I didn't realize he was putting 32 new caches in such a small area. Another power run - but with good caches and a great area to be caching in.)

Pretty cool that you can hide your own Easter Eggs though! :D:D:p:p

WhereRWe?
05-18-2010, 04:27 PM
If you don't even know where you are why would you expect to remember what you read?

Sheesh! Exactly! :D:D

LaughingTerry
05-18-2010, 05:42 PM
Another 6 should be published tomorrow morning. I didn't want to put a big load on out publisher all at once. I actually have the makings for another dozen or so on my couch. They have to be assembled and painted yet but they should be done by the time all my other caches are published. I don't have plans to have another centum area up there but I want to place enough to make it worthwhile for people to make the drive. Besides I have some more fun ideas to mix in with the regular caches.

WhereRWe?
05-18-2010, 05:55 PM
I don't have plans to have another centum area up there but I want to place enough to make it worthwhile for people to make the drive.

I hate to keep beating a dead horse, but at one time, one well thought-out cache in a scenic area was worth a drive. It wasn't about "the numbers", or "making it worthwhile... to make the drive".

Sigh...

LaughingTerry has some of the best caches in central Maine - but don't go for quantity over quality!

vicbiker
05-18-2010, 08:21 PM
I'm afraid I'll have to wait until after the yard sale to go find these great sounding caches right in my back yard. Once the yard sale and the Relay for Life are done...look out I plan on going on a all out caching run.

LaughingTerry
05-18-2010, 08:36 PM
I have cached with several different people and I realized that some people want the long hikes, some people want scenic areas, some people want challenging finds, and some people want easy caches. I like the hikes sometimes but I find myself looking for areas where I can do a few caches to get more bang for my buck. (gas wise that is).

Out where I am placing caches I want to place some hiking caches, a night cache, and maybe a new Deathwish cache. I will be looking for a spot for my "Liar Liar Pants on Fire" puzzle cache too.

I can't believe nobody went to do "Wine & Whoopie" or "Excalibur" today. That's OK, tomorrow there will be another 6 caches published.

shuman road searchers
05-18-2010, 08:57 PM
I have cached with several different people and I realized that some people want the long hikes, some people want scenic areas, some people want challenging finds, and some people want easy caches. I like the hikes sometimes but I find myself looking for areas where I can do a few caches to get more bang for my buck. (gas wise that is).

Out where I am placing caches I want to place some hiking caches, a night cache, and maybe a new Deathwish cache. I will be looking for a spot for my "Liar Liar Pants on Fire" puzzle cache too.

I can't believe nobody went to do "Wine & Whoopie" or "Excalibur" today. That's OK, tomorrow there will be another 6 caches published.

If these were closer to my world or I did not work for a living or did not have to watch the boy play ball I would run for them. I will have to plan a trip up when they are all published. I enjoy your hides to much to pass them by!

Ekidokai
05-19-2010, 12:38 AM
I bet watching the boy play ball is better than caching any day.

JustPJ66
05-19-2010, 05:34 AM
If kevin wasnt working we would be getting some of them ...not to far from us. But one is close to his supervisors house....wouldnt look good if he called in sick and got caught caching LOL

Ekidokai
05-19-2010, 06:31 AM
If kevin wasnt working we would be getting some of them ...not to far from us. But one is close to his supervisors house....wouldnt look good if he called in sick and got caught caching LOL

You guys really surprise me.

Shouldn't the supervisor be at work too? Seems like a catch twenty two, if they both meet out in front of his house.

This is supposed to be a stealthy sport. We "hide" the caches. We don't put up signs with arrows and the such. I'm not going to go off on a rant here, but there is a reason these caches go missing.

JustPJ66
05-19-2010, 06:34 AM
His supervisor and he have different days off......retail.....and if he calls in sick he is supposed to be sick not wondering around LOL

CARoperPhotography
05-19-2010, 10:14 PM

When you say "tomorrow there will be another 6 caches published", how do you know that they will be published on such and such day? If you do know that, then you must have some sort of preference with MainePublisher (who ever he is, too bad I have no clue WHO he/she is...) because lately, MainePublisher has been ignoring my caches that I have on the review queue and all together ignoring my emails regarding them.... I have been waiting well over a week on two of them, and for responses to emails regarding certain issues he had with others. So what I am trying to say is, how can you predict when a cache is going to be published, let alone six of them, unless MainePublisher gives preference to certain cachers and pushes other's to the bottom of the queue again and again....Hmmmm I wonder....

LaughingTerry
05-20-2010, 06:55 AM
On weekdays if I list them in the morning they are normally published the next morning. I have only had to wait more than one day for a cache to be published once or twice.

Well, except for when I put verbotten information in the listing or put it too close to one of my other caches. LOL

JustPJ66
05-20-2010, 08:17 PM
WONDER NO MORE......At least on wine and whoppie!

WhereRWe?
05-23-2010, 04:37 PM
I take back my grumpy post of a few days ago. LaughingTerry's series of caches on the Deadwater/Lake Moxie road north of Bingham is excellent. RULost2? and went and did 21 caches before the black flies drove us out - playing leapfrog with Dubord most of the way - and we enjoyed every cache. We even jacked up the parameters of the PQ to get all the caches in the area, not just below DIFF 3/Terr3 as we usually do. Sheesh! We actually did one of his TERR4 Death Wish caches! (And it will probably be our last TERR4 cache, too.)

Everyone should put this series on top of their list of "to do" caches. I suggest using the Deadwater Road off Route 16 north of Bingham, following the old rail bed all the way to Moxie Pond, then returning to Route 201 on the Moxie Road. This loop wuld be a doable day trip even from Bangor or Augusta. (And don't forget our caches on "The Old Canada Road" - Route 201. :D:D)

In addition to all the great caches (RULost2? and I have a few in this area, too), this drive is extremely scenic, and a great opportunity to look for moose (we only saw 1 today).

hollora
05-23-2010, 05:55 PM
Curmudgeon or not - the review is appreciated! Especially suggesting a route which works well. Sounds like fun and I look forward to it before the summer is over. Now to leap over Memorial Day and Relay for Life Weekend!

dubord207
05-23-2010, 06:29 PM
I saw the "curmudgeon" laugh pretty hard on his Micro in the Woods cache today... and rightfully so. What a blast that cache is!

This series raises the bar..again! While the Power Ranger series I helped put out is a great bunch of caches, I concede these caches kick it up a notch, as Emeril would say. We had a blast doing just a few of these today and will return soon to finish up the rest. Don't miss these folks!:)

WhereRWe?
05-23-2010, 06:44 PM
I saw the "curmudgeon" laugh pretty hard on his Micro in the Woods cache today... and rightfully so. What a blast that cache is!

Sheesh! How many times do I have to tell you people. It's "Curmudgeon", with a capital "C". Please show the proper deference to one of the great Curmudgeons. :p:p

hollora
05-23-2010, 07:29 PM
Sheesh! How many times do I have to tell you people. It's "Curmudgeon", with a capital "C". Please show the proper deference to one of the great Curmudgeons. :p:p

Opps - sorry sir, I forgot.......no one is a proper Curmudgeon with out the BIG C ;):D:D:D;)!

LaughingTerry
05-23-2010, 08:45 PM
Thanks for endorsement. I actually have 3 or 4 more to place. Nervous Nellie will be a lot of fun. Well, for me reading the logs anyway. LOL

JustPJ66
05-24-2010, 05:59 AM
Kevin and I are planning a trip up there on Tues with my mom...gonna make a day of it. I hear bug spray is in high demand? hehe

LaughingTerry
05-24-2010, 06:15 AM
For the mosquitoes bug spray seems to work OK but for the black flies bug spray works excellent.......As tenderizer. LOL They smell the bug spay and surround the car before you can even open the doors. The only good thing is that with the air conditioner on once they get in the car they want out instead of eating you.

dubord207
05-24-2010, 06:52 AM
We used Backwood's Off with Deet and I'm happy to report that we didn't have any ticks and the bugs stayed clear.

Just looked at the map and see a bunch we missed! I think my filter was set to 2.5 on terrain so we drove right by a few. We'll be back soon to "clean up" the rest.

JustPJ66
05-24-2010, 06:55 AM
I recently bought some 40% deet spray at walmart just for caching....so far so good with that but those black flies up there dont get fed much and usually are hungry!! hehe

I think LT was right...tenderizer!

Glad to know dubord207 didnt get eaten alive tho.

WhereRWe?
05-24-2010, 07:24 AM
We used Backwood's Off with Deet and I'm happy to report that we didn't have any ticks and the bugs stayed clear.

I don't think there are any ticks north of - Skowhegan, lets say. I've never seen any, but that doesn't mean they're not on the way. :(:(

And LT was right - bug spray only acts as a lure for black flies! LOL!

pm28570
05-24-2010, 08:04 AM
I don't think there are any ticks north of - Skowhegan, lets say. I've never seen any, but that doesn't mean they're not on the way. :(:(

And LT was right - bug spray only acts as a lure for black flies! LOL!

According to Dept of Health, every county has reported ticks. Far, far worse in Southern Maine.

WhereRWe?
05-24-2010, 08:07 AM
According to Dept of Health, every county has reported ticks. Far, far worse in Southern Maine.

Probably someone from Portland carried a tick to Somerset County and reported that he got it here! LOL! ;);)

Ekidokai
05-24-2010, 04:44 PM
I have seen tics in Washington county when I was out there last weekend.

WhereRWe?
05-24-2010, 04:51 PM
I have seen tics in Washington county when I was out there last weekend.

Yes - but those "tics" are obviously Canadian. They spell things differently there. :D:D

JFamilySebec
05-24-2010, 06:16 PM
Yes - but those "tics" are obviously Canadian. They spell things differently there. :D:D

LOL! Canadian 'tics' bite just the same as the good ol' US ones I'm sure!

JustPJ66
05-25-2010, 05:39 AM
Ok going up today to do a few of these ...any last minute words of warning, encouragement, or hints or tips?? hehe Any roads unpassable that you know of?

dubord207
05-25-2010, 05:57 AM
The only cache we did where the road might have been iffy for a regular car was Pack a Derm. The rest are fine.

Watch the horizon today, chance of nasty thunderstorms this afternoon.

WhereRWe?
05-25-2010, 06:18 AM
Ok going up today to do a few of these ...any last minute words of warning, encouragement, or hints or tips?? hehe Any roads unpassable that you know of?

Saw Dubord's comment, and agree. But if you take it slow, there's no place a regular car can't go - potholes and rocky roads are the worst problem. :D:D

JustPJ66
05-25-2010, 06:36 AM
We are taking the truck I think so should be no problem....thanks gentlemen!

JustPJ66
05-25-2010, 06:44 AM
oh and for GC1596J will you come and help me find it like you did Dubord? LOL

JustPJ66
05-25-2010, 07:30 PM
We just got our power back on at our house so have yet to post our logs for the day but had a wonderful time out on your run today LT!! We didn't do them all because it was a sorta long day for my mom who we brought with us but we managed to snag the last FTF (or we think it was the last) and managed to work it so that FTF was cache #300 for us! Just to make it all that more special. We left many out there undone for another day. Had a wonderful time today. Thanks for placing all these for us to find. Logs will be along soon. Wonderful bunch of caches.

LaughingTerry
05-26-2010, 06:26 AM
I appreciate all the logs. Knowing people have fun on my caches is the reason I place them. I'm glad you guys had a good time.