View Full Version : Looking for trail maps in.GPX for Bradbury SP

KJcachers
05-21-2010, 10:29 PM
Anybody got a source on trail maps for Bradbury State Park in .gpx format that I could load onto my DeLorme TOPO software?

hollora
05-21-2010, 10:50 PM
Looks like they are already DeLorme Maps - from the State Park web site http://www.bradburymountain.com/attachments/005_005_trailmap_eastside.pdf

CARoperPhotography
05-21-2010, 11:33 PM
Anybody got a source on trail maps for Bradbury State Park in .gpx format that I could load onto my DeLorme TOPO software?

Will you be using it on a PN series GPSr? And if so, firmware 2.7?

KJcachers
05-22-2010, 12:25 AM
Will you be using it on a PN series GPSr? And if so, firmware 2.7?

PN-40 using firmware 2.7 of course! Can you help me out? I think I found some mountain biking maps on the web that I have loaded but something cleaner would be nice.

KJcachers
05-22-2010, 12:26 AM
Looks like they are already DeLorme Maps - from the State Park web site http://www.bradburymountain.com/attachments/005_005_trailmap_eastside.pdf

Thanks. I have already downloaded and printed those out. Now I need something I can load into my GPSr.

dubord207
05-22-2010, 06:29 AM
I didn't find any and wish the maps were out there. The maps on the site Hollora gave you are the same maps available at the kiosk when you enter the park.

We're planning on going again and this time I'm going to overlay the caches from the "view map" feature onto the map the park provides. I think that might help.

There are many more spur trails then shown on the map but almost all the caches are very close to a trail so if you have to bushwack a couple hundred feet you'll end up on a different trail. Mark your starting point and the major trail intersections as you go and you should do just fine.

KJcachers
05-22-2010, 08:10 AM
I found some mountain biking trails in .gpx that I will try. I will also track our journeys in the park and save them to share when we are done.

CARoperPhotography
05-22-2010, 08:19 AM
Delorme's new TOPO 9 softwre may have better updated trail maps. I don't have those kind of maps for my PN 40 though, sorry

brdad
05-22-2010, 08:55 AM
I can overlay the caches onto the pdf trail map, that's the best I can do short of copying the trails off the pdf and converting to GPX, which will be less accurate than your bike trails.

KJcachers
05-22-2010, 10:35 AM
thanks for the offers! I will make due with what I have. looking forward to spending a day or two in Maine!

KJcachers
05-23-2010, 05:05 PM
FYI, I found tracks on everytrail.com and was able to import them and convert them to trails in my TOPO software. They have lots of trails all over the country so check them out if you are looking for a specific area!