View Full Version : Clynk

cano
05-31-2010, 05:43 PM
How do you like CLYNK the new botle return in Hannaford? How do you like to give up your personal information in order to return bottles? How do you like to pay for their branded plastic bags in order to return bottles?

brdad
05-31-2010, 07:31 PM
I had never heard of it since for the past few years we have been donating all our bottles to a friend who donates them to breast cancer research.

I would not care to give my information to return bottles. I understand in tough times businesses need the best information for maximum payback, but I choose not to participate if possible. I very rarely go to Shaws for that reason as well.

hollora
05-31-2010, 08:27 PM
Interesting info - we recycle through independent bottle return places.

darterkitfox
05-31-2010, 08:47 PM
How would you like to work without missing a day in 27 years for Hannaford and then one night tell the night crew chief you didn't feel well and was going home and he said I couldn't? After telling him F*** Y**, I was fired.

WhereRWe?
06-01-2010, 06:19 AM
I've signed up for Clynk but haven't used it yet. I usually use the local independent redemption center, mainly because they collect Coca-Cola brand caps for me and I enter the codes on My Coke Rewards (http://www.mycokerewards.com/home.do).

And giving up "personal information" doesn't bother me at all. I'm an open book. Nothing to hide. :D:D

brdad
06-01-2010, 07:02 AM
And giving up "personal information" doesn't bother me at all. I'm an open book. Nothing to hide. :D:D

Beleive him! Don't look at the pictures on his myspace page!! Ack!!!!

cano
06-01-2010, 10:16 AM
I enter the codes on My Coke Rewards (http://www.mycokerewards.com/home.do).

Isn't it cheaper just to buy stuff you need, instead of entering codes to buy some useless junk? I used to have MCR account, first they stopped accepting old long codes, so I had to throw away hundreds of codes I had, then they expired my points, I don't have an account with them any more :)

WhereRWe?
06-01-2010, 10:55 AM
Isn't it cheaper just to buy stuff you need, instead of entering codes to buy some useless junk? I used to have MCR account, first they stopped accepting old long codes, so I had to throw away hundreds of codes I had, then they expired my points, I don't have an account with them any more :)

We use the Coke Rewards to buy more diet Coke. I buy the caps from the redemption center for 5 cents each. Each code results in 3 points, and 30 points get you a coupon for a free 20oz Coke product. So it costs me 50 cents for a soda, vs $1.29 - $1.49.

And we redeem Coke Rewards points for points at PriorityClub.com, the rewards site for IChoice (Holiday Inn) hotels. Using Coke Rewards points this way, we've gotten hotel rooms for as little as $28 a night (Or recent stay at the Crowne Plaza in Moncton, NB was paid for at this price).

And as for the time required to log the codes, Sheesh! I'm retired and I have 3 computers in the room with me. I have to keep them all busy! (And you can only redeem 40 caps per week - that's 80 for me and RULost2?) LOL!

JustPJ66
06-01-2010, 11:16 AM
They must think you drink ALOT of coke!!!

cano
06-01-2010, 12:13 PM
I buy the caps from the redemption center for 5 cents each

LOL,
I can sell you mine just for 4.99c each, I have hundreds of them :)

Ekidokai
06-01-2010, 12:38 PM
You coke heads are terrible. That's why I drink the refreshing Pepsi and When I can afford it I treat myself to Diet Moxie.

Moxie will not work with Clynk

WhereRWe?
06-01-2010, 12:54 PM

??? Why not??

JustPJ66
06-01-2010, 12:55 PM
Oh I much perfer the full bodied taste of regular Moxie myself but I know the sugar thing is hard for some....my mom included....to handle!

But can ya chug a lug your moxie?? LOL

cano
06-01-2010, 01:06 PM
You coke heads are terrible. That's why I drink the refreshing Pepsi and When I can afford it I treat myself to Diet Moxie.

I don't drink coca cola I just have plenty of codes. I like drPepper or Guarana. Too bad almost no restaurant is serving it.

Hiram357
06-01-2010, 05:56 PM
??? Why not??

moxie doesn't work with the automated machines too, because the new labels on them are printed too dark for the scanners to read the bar codes... found that out the hard way... :(