View Full Version : Cache Placement Guidelines Question

JustPJ66
06-05-2010, 07:20 AM
Hey all you experienced cache placers,

Kev and I have discovered a really nice walking trail we would like to place some caches on. Before we go to the town where this trail is located to get permission, we want to know how many caches we can place. Here is the issue, the trail is a loop trail that is only .40 long and the lead in to this trail runs along side part of it. So that means that at very few parts is there 600 ft from any other part. It sounds bad but this is a lovely wooded area with a nice stream and would make a great short walk in the woods for folks especially those with younger children who get bored on longer hikes. We would like to put 3 caches on this micro(at trailhead), small and regular on the actual trail. But would it satisfy groundspeak requirements if the cache listing stated to stay on the marked trail (no bushwacking) in which case the 600 ft rule would not be an issue?

I emailed maine publisher about this but I am sure he is much to busy this time of year to be able to answer. Any thoughts?

JustPJ66
06-05-2010, 07:21 AM
Hope that makes sense LOL

pm28570
06-05-2010, 08:32 AM
I think you'll find that it is 528 feet as the crow flys, no doubt we'll have some more input here.

tat
06-05-2010, 08:34 AM
I just gave MP a dope slap for being so slow. :) (He sent you a response)

JustPJ66
06-05-2010, 08:35 AM
Maine Publisher found a minute to get back to me and thought it might work to put a multi cache in this spot....that might work best here....have to read a bit more about how those work because I havent delt with them before.

JustPJ66
06-05-2010, 08:38 AM

:D:D:D

No worries!!! Thanks !!

brdad
06-05-2010, 09:01 AM
If I said it once, I said it a million times, multis or even a clever mystery cache can get you around many of the guidelines! :D But don't forget you also have to stay .1 mile away from any caches outside your wooded area.

JustPJ66
06-05-2010, 09:07 AM
If I said it once, I said it a million times, multis or even a clever mystery cache can get you around many of the guidelines! :D But don't forget you also have to stay .1 mile away from any caches outside your wooded area.

There are no other caches for several over a mile so all good there...to be honest a multi never occured to me at all....

CARoperPhotography
06-05-2010, 06:08 PM

Who is this Anonymous MP, and how do you know him so well TAT?:cool: