View Full Version : Serious Tool's (CARoperPhotography) Latest Controversy

lexmano
06-12-2010, 11:24 AM
Chadd has been caching a little over 13 months and has has a major impact on the Maine geocaching scene. Whereas Ekidokai changed everything with the Stud Mill Road caches, Chadd made sure it would not slip back to its staid old ways with more than 300 hides in the York county area.

While Ekidokai does not find caches at a high rate, Chadd has hit 1000 finds in this short period of time. He even has remained so focused that he has not let a new job or a girlfriend interfere with his efforts.

Along the way he has challenged the GC authorities, questioned things he has seen and generally ruffled many feathers. He essentially has become a lightning rod for electrifying discourse in the forums. Amazingly, through it all he remains unrepentant and true to his points of view. Recently I think I saw that he and BRDad even agreed on something.:D

In any event congratulations Chadd on a quick 1,000 finds and thank you for your hides!

Now onto the controversy surrounding his 1000th find.

It was a VIRTUAL! GCGW9V Maine Presidents http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=ae702eca-f13f-41fc-812f-5cbae8afe90e

Should that count as he really did not find anything?:eek:

Congratulations again Chadd!

JustKev
06-12-2010, 12:43 PM
Merely for the sake of controversy.....nope, this one shouldn't count.

Sorry, Chadd, couldn't resist.

Ekidokai
06-12-2010, 01:51 PM
Well, congratulations. Great job. Well done.

However, I'm not sure I want my name associated with this ilk.

cachecrashers4
06-12-2010, 04:01 PM
Of course it counts. Congrats on 1k!

JustKev
06-12-2010, 04:21 PM
Congrats on the milestone.

team barbieri
06-12-2010, 06:04 PM
Congrats to you chad for 1000 finds and standing your ground in the forums. I enjoy reading the the forums every day.

dubord207
06-12-2010, 07:12 PM
So Chadd, did you ever think playing with your GPS could be so much fun? What's next...underwater caches, Marine's only hides, extreme jeep caches...you've certainly made an impact on the geocaching community! Do you figure you'll hit 2000 by the end of the summer?;)

shuman road searchers
06-12-2010, 08:37 PM
Congratulations Chadd! Thanks for all of the hides that you have put out. When you get a few more out I will have to come back down for another visit.

vicbiker
06-13-2010, 06:33 AM
Congratulations Chadd on finding a 1000 and on putting out all those caches for the rest of us.

pm28570
06-13-2010, 06:57 AM
Now onto the controversy surrounding his 1000th find. It was a VIRTUAL! GCGW9V Maine Presidents http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=ae702eca-f13f-41fc-812f-5cbae8afe90e
Should that count as he really did not find anything?:eek:Congratulations again Chadd!

....uh, no signed log, no find. Correct? Congrats on 1K!

merenner
06-13-2010, 12:14 PM
Woot! Woot! Congrats my friend.

Sabby
06-13-2010, 12:29 PM
Congratulations :)

brdad
06-13-2010, 01:05 PM
....uh, no signed log, no find. Correct? Congrats on 1K!

Chadd has that covered. Since he owns the road and all the signs via way of his taxes, he took the liberty of putting his mark on the sign. :p:p

NativeMainer
06-13-2010, 05:09 PM
Woo-hoo! Congrats, Chadd.

lexmano
06-13-2010, 07:20 PM
Chadd has that covered. Since he owns the road and all the signs via way of his taxes, he took the liberty of putting his mark on the sign. :p:p

Imagine Chadd's signature right next to Obama's!:eek: Who would have guessed it! Maybe he is a Democrat?:D

brdad
06-14-2010, 05:48 AM
Imagine Chadd's signature right next to Obama's!:eek: Who would have guessed it! Maybe he is a Democrat?:D

That selection was quite coincidental. Just think of the differences between them, one is still wet behind the ears, arrogant, thinks he is above the law, thinks he knows it all, can rattle on for hours and still say nothing meaningful, and thinks his way is the only way. The other one is..... ummm.....

WhereRWe?
06-14-2010, 07:10 AM
That selection was quite coincidental. Just think of the differences between them, one is still wet behind the ears, arrogant, thinks he is above the law, thinks he knows it all, can rattle on for hours and still say nothing meaningful, and thinks his way is the only way. The other one is..... ummm.....

Sheesh! NO POLITICAL DISCUSSIONS! Talk about feeding the trolls... (Brdad - be prepared to edit this thread! LOL!)

Ekidokai
06-14-2010, 11:31 AM
The only difference I can see is one has a better tan.

CARoperPhotography
06-14-2010, 03:25 PM
Wow! I was not even aware of Lexmano's post here regarding my "mile-stone", until he called me today and said that he was surprised that I had refrained from commenting on the most recent controversy regarding me on the forum! I haven't even been on the forum in several days because of various other things in my life outside of Geocaching!

Needless to say, thank you all very much for your kind, witty, and sarcastic remarks! I appreciate every last one of them, and if you could see me right now, I have a big grin on my face. I really enjoyed reading through everyone's comments and literally laughed out loud at Brdad's photo! Just so you know, I am a libertarian....

I did pick Maine President's as my 1000th cache almost by accident but when I saw it on my netbook in the Jeep that day, I had to make it my 1000th find....

That being said, I shall now sit back and watch what else is said, and.... fittingly, stay out of the foray!

CARoperPhotography
06-14-2010, 03:32 PM
So Chadd, did you ever think playing with your GPS could be so much fun? What's next...underwater caches, Marine's only hides, extreme jeep caches...you've certainly made an impact on the geocaching community! Do you figure you'll hit 2000 by the end of the summer?;)

Well Dan, that was in the cards.... and still it, but I had to cancel on my trip with Marcipanek and Mainesleddah for today up to do the Power Ranger's car series in Liberty, because I have a back log of work that has to be done before Tuesday for my company..... however I will get up there sometime this summer, and am also heading to mid-coast/down-east with TeamHorwich next week for a power run!

It's funny how my milestone is viewed..... I don't think that I really have found that many caches.... heck look at Marcipanek... he has found over 1500 in under a year.....! Now THAT guy is a machine!

Imagine if I had spent more time finding caches instead of placing them, how many cache finds I would have! ha ha Anyways.... I am glad Lexmano brought this thread to my attention, as I have thoroughly enjoyed it. Thank you again all of you (Brdad included...) for your comments.... now.... back to this pile of work in front of me! Then maybe later I can head out and perform some cache maintenance!

pm28570
06-14-2010, 06:54 PM
Needless to say, thank you all very much for your kind, witty, and sarcastic remarks! I appreciate every last one of them, and if you could see me right now, I have a big grin on my face. I really enjoyed reading through everyone's comments and literally laughed out loud at Brdad's photo!

That being said, I shall now sit back and watch what else is said, and.... fittingly, stay out of the foray!

Who are you? And....what have you done with Chadd?

CARoperPhotography
06-14-2010, 08:09 PM

I think I hit my head this morning in the shower. I don't quite remember.... everything seems really fuzzy. But I am Chadd...:rolleyes:

JustPJ66
06-15-2010, 05:41 AM

You have just entered a different dimention of space and time...you have just entered the twilight zone.............

Ekidokai
06-15-2010, 09:52 AM
I think he got umm, how do I say this, umm, relieved.

CARoperPhotography
06-15-2010, 05:25 PM
I think he got umm, how do I say this, umm, relieved.

I don't get it.:cool:

team barbieri
06-15-2010, 06:50 PM
I don't get it.:cool:

I think Ekidokai is saying you did get it :eek:

CARoperPhotography
06-15-2010, 09:17 PM
I think Ekidokai is saying you did get it :eek:

Tisk tisk.... as another cacher reminded me today, this is a family sport!;)