View Full Version : Quick Cache placement question

fins2right
07-01-2010, 02:49 PM
I had to recently archive a cache in Rome because the container was muggled. How long do I have to wait to place a new cache in that area?

hollora
07-01-2010, 03:18 PM
I had to recently archive a cache in Rome because the container was muggled. How long do I have to wait to place a new cache in that area?

If the cache is archived - I believe you can do it anytime.

brdad
07-01-2010, 04:08 PM
Quick, before someone else does!

JustPJ66
07-01-2010, 04:19 PM
Ya ...better hurry that is our neck of the woods....LOL

fins2right
07-02-2010, 01:06 PM
Ya ...better hurry that is our neck of the woods....LOL

(Believe it or not) I've got an ammo can ready to go, and it's a really nice location (base of a mountain, nice easy hike, vista's of Long pond in Belgrade) I'm going to Disney for a few weeks though, so I may not have it out for a bit. :)

JustPJ66
07-02-2010, 02:07 PM
we know the cache you speak of...we did it some time ago (although we didnt do the hike just the cache...it was still to icy at that time of year)....see if mickey mouse has any good cache containers!!

Ekidokai
07-02-2010, 05:27 PM
Checking with my sources, the respectful mourning period from a cache is one week.

JustKev
07-02-2010, 08:09 PM
(Believe it or not) I've got an ammo can ready to go, and it's a really nice location (base of a mountain, nice easy hike, vista's of Long pond in Belgrade) I'm going to Disney for a few weeks though, so I may not have it out for a bit. :)

I know it's silly, but did you check to see if the cache is gone or did you figure it had to be if someone of LT's caliber couldn't find it? lol

LaughingTerry
07-02-2010, 11:42 PM
Hey! I actually have a lot of DNFs. LOL Sometimes I am the only DNF on a cache.

fins2right
07-03-2010, 09:57 AM
I know it's silly, but did you check to see if the cache is gone or did you figure it had to be if someone of LT's caliber couldn't find it? lol

I didn't grow concerned until LT posted a DNF. When I go to caches and see that he didn't find it, I know I don't stand a chance. I traveled out on Monday to double check. The cache is gone. I was really peeved because I liked that particular container and would not have been so upset to lose Tupperware or an Ammo can. The good news it that I can put an ammo can out there now, which I intend to do today. :D

fins2right
07-03-2010, 09:58 AM
we know the cache you speak of...we did it some time ago (although we didnt do the hike just the cache...it was still to icy at that time of year)....see if mickey mouse has any good cache containers!!

If you guys get a chance to make the hike, I recommend leaf peeping season. The view is amazing! :)