View Full Version : Independence Day

JustPJ66
07-04-2010, 03:50 PM
Happy July 4th to all our new caching friends. Please remember to have a wonderful day and evening today but please also remember to keep it a safe one. If you drink, please dont drive. Friends dont let friends cache drunk! I mean drive drunk....either way be safe.

:):D

brdad
07-04-2010, 04:05 PM
And on this patriotic day, let's not forget those in uniform who are choosing to defend that independence!

hollora
07-04-2010, 04:08 PM
Hope everyone has enjoyed their day and a pat on the back to those serving and those who have served!

JustPJ66
07-04-2010, 04:52 PM
And on this patriotic day, let's not forget those in uniform who are choosing to defend that independence!
AMEN !! I second that!!

Ekidokai
07-05-2010, 12:16 AM
God Bless America

JustKev
07-05-2010, 05:57 AM
I was in the Marine Corps for just less than 12 years and there's nothing that pleases me more than the time JustPJ66 and I were in the Augusta Sam's Club and a young man approached me. I was wearing a leather coat with the Marine Corps emblem on back and USMC on front. At first I wasn't sure what the young man wanted until he said, "Thank you for your service." I was very pleased and thanked him as we shook hands. It's not the only time that someone has thanked me but the young man was the one I think I'll remember most.

dufzor
07-06-2010, 01:46 AM
I got to spend the parade with my Uncle, Ret. Master Sargent Laurent Martel. He was a POW, Purple Heart, pearl Harbor, Death March of Buttan, a pow near where the bomb was dropped, he was both calvery and top gun in planes. I used to take him to every military parade, because he loves to be in them. This year, at +90 yrs old, the heat sidelined him and he seemed very depressed. But whenever someone would step over to him and thank him for his service, it put a big smile on his face. :)

hollora
07-06-2010, 07:10 PM
I got to spend the parade with my Uncle, Ret. Master Sargent Laurent Martel. He was a POW, Purple Heart, pearl Harbor, Death March of Buttan, a pow near where the bomb was dropped, he was both calvery and top gun in planes. I used to take him to every military parade, because he loves to be in them. This year, at +90 yrs old, the heat sidelined him and he seemed very depressed. But whenever someone would step over to him and thank him for his service, it put a big smile on his face. :)

Was sure that was you - and it must have been who hopped off the bus before the JC Bridge......you went towards the old pharmacy - we were on the other side of the road. Tks to your Uncle from the Holmes family!:)

dufzor
07-06-2010, 11:25 PM
Oh wow!!!! I wish I had seen you! My cousin (uncle's daughter) had not been able to take him to a parade in 15 yrs. We were supposed to meet by the Thai restaurant. Well, long story short, cuz doesn't carry a cell phone, I wasnt either and I started walking the parade route but was having trouble seeing both sides of the road through the buses! I got on the bus by the dry cleaner's, to better watch for my Uncle. We used to ride the bus together in every parade. Got a chance to assist a lady veteran onto the bus and all on board were helping me to spot my uncle, but I was not sure I would see him in the crowd. When I spotted him, I was one happy camper! Will pass along your thanks! Thank you!

hollora
07-06-2010, 11:51 PM
Oh wow!!!! I wish I had seen you! My cousin (uncle's daughter) had not been able to take him to a parade in 15 yrs. We were supposed to meet by the Thai restaurant. Well, long story short, cuz doesn't carry a cell phone, I wasnt either and I started walking the parade route but was having trouble seeing both sides of the road through the buses! I got on the bus by the dry cleaner's, to better watch for my Uncle. We used to ride the bus together in every parade. Got a chance to assist a lady veteran onto the bus and all on board were helping me to spot my uncle, but I was not sure I would see him in the crowd. When I spotted him, I was one happy camper! Will pass along your thanks! Thank you!

That's cool - you must have been on your way to see him - you were definitely on a mission! All is well!