View Full Version : Geocaches in Deer Isle and Stonington

MacFriends
06-02-2005, 08:10 PM
We spent the day on Tuesday of this week caching on Deer Isle and Stonington. There are 8 recent caches, all put in by Becket, that are well done and varied. Since there are so many in the area, it made a nice day trip for us and we reached 1200 caches total while there. The sun was finally out, too, so it really was a good day.:D

brdad
06-02-2005, 10:26 PM
Wow, congrats on 1200. You really need to find another hobby!

We're hoping to do the 4 or 5 Deer Isle caches we haven't gotten sometime this weekend

WhereRWe?
06-03-2005, 07:53 AM
We spent the day on Tuesday of this week caching on Deer Isle and Stonington. There are 8 recent caches, all put in by Becket, that are well done and varied. Since there are so many in the area, it made a nice day trip for us and we reached 1200 caches total while there. The sun was finally out, too, so it really was a good day.:D

That certainly a lovely area, and one we haven't cached in yet. Hopefully we'll be able to make it there soon. :D

becket
06-03-2005, 08:09 AM
it's so cool that you reached this milestone doing one of my caches! i can't imagine having that many finds - i'm just hoping to get to 300 by the end of the year

TwoMaineiacs
06-05-2005, 08:44 PM
Time for a weekend in Stonington area. 6-8 recommended well done caches are worth the drive up the coast. Now to find a small inn or motel that doesn't mind muddy boots.

TwoMaineiacs / Anne

Haffy
06-05-2005, 09:03 PM
Having just completed all of the caches on Deer Island yesterday I can attest that they are all very nice. My first visit to the island and not my last now that I have seen how beautiful it is there. Can't wait til Becket puts more out so I have another excuse to go back.