View Full Version : Off grid soon-major home renovation

dufzor
07-25-2010, 11:40 AM
The Big Dig starts tomorrow at my house. Sometime soon, I will be off grid for a while..no elec, phone, internet, cooking, running water and a flock of parrots (as well as 5 old cats and a dog) to keep safe from fumes of all kinds while my house is being renovated with a new foundation and painted inside. Please keep us in your thoughts. This is going to be quite a challenge!:eek:

hollora
07-25-2010, 11:44 AM
The Big Dig starts tomorrow at my house. Sometime soon, I will be off grid for a while..no elec, phone, internet, cooking, running water and a flock of parrots (as well as 5 old cats and a dog) to keep safe from fumes of all kinds while my house is being renovated with a new foundation and painted inside. Please keep us in your thoughts. This is going to be quite a challenge!:eek:

Bless you - that is an undertaking! Thank goodness public libraries have public internet access and wifi spots ;) of course, too. Cell phones can be a blessing as well.

Good Luck!

dufzor
07-25-2010, 12:28 PM
Bless you - that is an undertaking! Thank goodness public libraries have public internet access and wifi spots ;) of course, too. Cell phones can be a blessing as well.

Good Luck!
Thank yolu!!! Once the flock goes out into the tent, I can not leave this site and my cell does not work here. Soooo, I will be roughing it with a flock of parrots!!!! The oldest parrot, who turned 50 this summer, wants to go camping NOW! The youngest amazon, who is not yet 20 said "Eeeeuwwww" about camping!:D I live in the woods and cannot see a road or another house, but I can use smoke signals!:rolleyes: