View Full Version : Marketing Offers - Geocaching Sales - Facebook

hollora
08-05-2010, 04:40 PM
Not sure how many are on Facebook - but here is an offer from World Caching Store that was just posted today -

"World Caching Store (http://www.facebook.com/pages/World-Caching-Store/178006500889) NEW Fans ( Like) will receive a nano cache FREE.
If you are already a fan, get a friend to be a fan and will still send you a free nano cache ... and one to your friend as well !
Send us an email to sales@worldcaching.com with your "new fan" note and an address and we will get that nano off to you !"

They did send an email which said it was limited to the first 50 - but who knows.

dufzor
08-05-2010, 05:27 PM
Thank you, Hollora! Just got my notice that my nano is on its way, right after I sent the email, in fact! WOO HOO!

Congrats on your FTFs out this way! If only my house was not under major repair!!!! :D:D:D

Not sure how many are on Facebook - but here is an offer from World Caching Store that was just posted today -

"World Caching Store (http://www.facebook.com/pages/World-Caching-Store/178006500889)NEW Fans ( Like) will receive a nano cache FREE.
If you are already a fan, get a friend to be a fan and will still send you a free nano cache ... and one to your friend as well !
Send us an email to sales@worldcaching.com with your "new fan" note and an address and we will get that nano off to you !"

They did send an email which said it was limited to the first 50 - but who knows.

JFamilySebec
08-05-2010, 07:15 PM
Yep, got the notice that Brad liked it so I went over to check it out and signed up for my free nano - probably the only one I'll ever get LOL! Nano's arent' my fave but if it's free I'll hide it!

brdad
08-05-2010, 08:21 PM
I'll entertain the idea of trading any acquired nanos for an ammo box! I know just the sucke... errr person to "give" the nanos to!

If I win the Megabucks I'll be paying top dollar for micros too!

hollora
08-05-2010, 09:44 PM
I'll entertain the idea of trading any acquired nanos for an ammo box! I know just the sucke... errr person to "give" the nanos to!

If I win the Megabucks I'll be paying top dollar for micros too!

Speaking of ammo boxes - does anyone know if someplace carries the plastic composite ones? Saw one last weekend - they are cool.

masterson of the universe
08-05-2010, 10:39 PM
While free caches are great, why can't anyone hold a promotion where they give away .50 cal ammo cans?

Ekidokai
08-05-2010, 11:03 PM
A pox on you all!

hollora
08-05-2010, 11:11 PM
While free caches are great, why can't anyone hold a promotion where they give away .50 cal ammo cans?

Now - that would be a promotion!

JustPJ66
08-06-2010, 03:42 AM
the army and navy supply stores in maine have us figured out...we went into one and the salesman came and asked us "can we help you" . I started to say we are geocachers and are always looking for neat containers and camo items and stuff like that and got out " we are geocachers" before he cut me off saying "we dont have any ammo cans left, what do you guys do with them eat them" and walked away! LOL

thanks to hollora for the heads up....i got in on a nano too and got my confirmation email already....sorry Ekidokai...free is free

dubord207
08-06-2010, 06:17 AM
Cabela's has these. All my ammo comes in them. They're on the large size and come with a rubber gasket so not only will they never rust, they are impervious to moisture. I have a dozen or so that I'm planning on placing.

Speaking of ammo boxes - does anyone know if someplace carries the plastic composite ones? Saw one last weekend - they are cool.

hollora
08-06-2010, 06:33 AM
Cabela's has these. All my ammo comes in them. They're on the large size and come with a rubber gasket so not only will they never rust, they are impervious to moisture. I have a dozen or so that I'm planning on placing.

Thank you - now to get down Cabela's way!

brdad
08-06-2010, 06:49 AM
I have used a few plastic ammo cans but not for caching. The only drawback was on a few of them, the locking mechanisms broke. They were being used harder than a person would hope a cache would be, I'd think they would hold up nearly as well as the metal cans. And much better than a film canister or nano!

ampmdp
08-06-2010, 10:57 AM
All the nano's are gone :(
They are still giving away buttons (FTF and "I Love Geocaching") and bumper stickers.

hollora
08-06-2010, 12:23 PM
All the nano's are gone :(
They are still giving away buttons (FTF and "I Love Geocaching") and bumper stickers.

I am sorry. As long as they are offering something let's leave this open. Once everything is gone - Mod - please close. Tks

team barbieri
08-06-2010, 08:11 PM
I just now checked my email and had a message. "Last nano we have. I will get it in the mail to you ASAP." Woo Hoo, gota love promotions.

Team Bayberry
08-07-2010, 12:01 PM

I've used these dry boxes http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=dry%20box&origkw=dry%20box&sr=1

which I bought from Boater's World. The boxes hold up well outdoors. They come in dark green, too (with a removable ammo tray), much easier to hide in the woods.

The Boater's World near me shut down, so I recently bought one at Dick's Sporting Goods, but I cringed at the price. (More than the current online price. Why that?)

There's no Cabela's close by me, and I like to check stuff out before I buy online, but the price is right... might be worth a try.

I can always hit up Ericles for some more of his 50 cal. military boxes, which don't hold as much swag, but are easier to place, being narrower.

kayaking loon
08-08-2010, 03:42 PM
I'd like that better. I have one nano out and that's it for me..