View Full Version : Another great Article

Haffy
06-06-2005, 04:30 PM
We have amomgst us a fairly new cacher who goes by the name of Robotbunny. Her real name is Wendy Almeida and she writes for MaineToday.com. She has written a couple of really great articles regarding geocaching with her kids.For her latest article go here :http://outdoors.mainetoday.com/children/050605geocaching.shtml I think everyone will really enjoy it as much as I did. Welcome aboard Wendy .

WhereRWe?
06-06-2005, 06:18 PM
Good article, but she COULD have also mention geocachingmaine.org! LOL!

lefty
06-06-2005, 06:24 PM
I saw it too. I sent her an email thanking her for a good article. If she replies, I will let her know of this site.

Also on a side note. If you go to google news and put in a news alert (left hand side below top stories you can sign up for news alerts on a specific topic. I put one in for geocahing and have about a dozen stories a week on the subject. Great reading.

Haffy
06-06-2005, 06:48 PM
Good article, but she COULD have also mention geocachingmaine.org! LOL!

Hey Bruce, if you read the article there is a link to www.geocachingmaine.org on the right hand side with her other links. Must be them old eyes acting up again huh? :)

Haffy
06-06-2005, 06:52 PM
Oh yeah one other thing. She is a member here too. And I have made 2 other replies to her articles about geocaching. Just go and read her reviews for the last 2 that I made comments on. Her geocaching name is Robotbunny

WhereRWe?
06-06-2005, 06:52 PM
Hey Bruce, if you read the article there is a link to www.geocachingmaine.org on the right hand side with her other links. Must be them old eyes acting up again huh? :)

No, I saw the link, but MANY people read an article and DON'T look at the links.

I read the article again, and there is NO mention of geocachingmaine.com in the article. :p

Haffy
06-06-2005, 06:54 PM
Are you blind? It is on the right in the column for "Need to Know"

rookie riegel
06-06-2005, 06:57 PM
Too funny, my interest in geocaching was first peaked when I read one of Wendy's articles just a few days ago! Thanks Wendy!

Robotbunny
06-08-2005, 08:41 PM
Hey thanks for the chat about my column on geocaching this month. My editors have more say than I do on link placement and mentions. If it's any consolation, John mentions it again in his comments at the bottom of the page and I posted a comment on planning to check back here too - which I did tonight.

And wow Rookie Riegel, I'm flattered that you read my column and decided to try the sport out. Thanks for the compliment!

-Wendy

WhereRWe?
06-09-2005, 07:10 AM
Are you blind? It is on the right in the column for "Need to Know"

No, I think you're the one that's blind! LOL! READ MY COMMENT! There is no mention IN THE ARTICLE. There is a link ON THE WEB PAGE.

I repeat: Many people DO NOT look at the links ON THE WEB PAGE.

I admit we're talking about different things (written article vs web page), but sheesh! Let it go...

Haffy
06-09-2005, 08:35 AM
Sheesh,we are getting technical now are we? Excuse me. :D But you did see the mention on the WEB PAGE did you not? It is pretty hard not to see it right beside the ARTICLE.

WhereRWe?
06-09-2005, 10:09 AM
Give it up, Haffy.

I made a comment, you criticized it and were wrong, and are now trying to say I'm getting "technical"?

I think you need to get a job. Too much idle time on your hands!

:p