View Full Version : Sheesh! No Shame!

WhereRWe?
08-14-2010, 04:34 PM
Here's the story:

RULost2? and I are on our way home from a long vacation. The leg today was between Memphis and Knoxville, TN. We have used "caches along a route" extensively, usually just stopping at rest area caches or easy on/off the Interstate locations.

So today I needed to stop for gas, and we noticed a nearby cache at the location. The location was obvious, so RULost2 went to grab it while I filled the gas tank. When she came back, I looked up the cache on Cachemate and logged the find. Then I noticed who the cache owner was!

Most GMC.org members know of my disdain for "geocaching dogs" - dogs who are registered on GC.com, who place caches for their owners to find, and who find their owners caches. Yup - easy guess. The cache owner was my "favorite dog-cacher (http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=7f644b23-6249-4a7f-8455-f2c25be2a55d&wid=eaf5471d-bb4f-4e55-b1d2-938ee24f500a&ds=2)".

And I have no shame. I logged the cache (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=gc1052w). LOL!

brdad
08-14-2010, 04:41 PM
Well, that will satisfy the "If you have never done one don't put it down" crowd. Of course now you have to answer to the "If you do them, you have no reason to put them down" crowd!

While I think the idea of a dog hiding a cache is utterly ridiculous, a cache is cache, you found it - no shame there. Now if you start exclusively seeking out these K-9 hidden caches, I may have to change my mind! :D

JustPJ66
08-14-2010, 04:49 PM
hey dingo the wonder geodog never hides caches....he might leave a little something behind at a cache that we dont see to pick up but there are no caches in them ...that i know of. hehe

WhereRWe?
08-14-2010, 07:45 PM
hey dingo the wonder geodog never hides caches....he might leave a little something behind at a cache that we dont see to pick up but there are no caches in them ...that i know of. hehe

If your cat ever starts placing caches, I wanna be FTF! I'm definitely a cat person. We've called home twice in the last 10 days just to check on the "Wus". LOL! (NO! We didn't talk to the cat - we talked to the person who is caring for the cat! LOL!)

Haffy
08-14-2010, 10:41 PM
ha ha,good story there Bruce and I remember the 1st time you logged that cache near that retirement home that those particular cachers placed while on vacation in Maine and I think they owned that same dog then...LOL Been a while eh????

JustKev
08-14-2010, 11:31 PM
If your cat ever starts placing caches, I wanna be FTF! I'm definitely a cat person. We've called home twice in the last 10 days just to check on the "Wus". LOL! (NO! We didn't talk to the cat - we talked to the person who is caring for the cat! LOL!)

She's got one ready to go out. Just gotta find a location for a bigger than most ammo boxes cache. It's Kitty themed. I bet, if you were to locate some elderberries for her she'd give you advance notice of a couple minutes upon her placement of said cache.

:eek:

JustPJ66
08-15-2010, 04:06 AM
She's got one ready to go out. Just gotta find a location for a bigger than most ammo boxes cache. It's Kitty themed. I bet, if you were to locate some elderberries for her she'd give you advance notice of a couple minutes upon her placement of said cache.

Yes it is kitty themed but our cats (we have 3) are not placing it.....actually I am working with Wus to place it so you can be FTF LOL

Ekidokai
08-15-2010, 11:38 PM
Cats and dogs should not be placing caches. They are not even really considered people.

firefighterjake
08-16-2010, 07:51 AM
Cats and dogs should not be placing caches. They are not even really considered people.

You haven't met Theodore Roosevelt. . . . if you had you would probably wonder if he wasn't a person . . . or if he is just one mixed up cat who thinks he is a person.

JustPJ66
08-16-2010, 07:53 AM
maybe we are REALLY cats who think we are people.....Kev does get alot of whiskers when he dont shave....

kayaking loon
08-16-2010, 10:56 AM

Hey, that would make a great cache! A kitty litter box. Dig through the litter to find the log and swag! ;)

JustKev
08-16-2010, 10:58 AM
Dig through the litter to find the log and swag! ;)

Ugh. That's disgusting. If you read it "litter"ally.

JustPJ66
08-16-2010, 11:07 AM
Hey, that would make a great cache! A kitty litter box. Dig through the litter to find the log and swag! ;)

already thought of that idea only just the covered box in the woods...no real litter in it...LOL but decided that would be a rather expensive idea so went with a more "traditional" container.

JustPJ66
08-16-2010, 11:08 AM
besides if i did put the kitty litter i would also have to buy some of those big tootsie rolls to put in there too for fun! LOL

Sudonim
08-16-2010, 01:30 PM
You haven't met Theodore Roosevelt. . . . if you had you would probably wonder if he wasn't a person . . . or if he is just one mixed up cat who thinks he is a person.

Isn't Theodore that guy on Facebook that you know? :p
(Yes, I friended him too...)

cano
08-16-2010, 01:42 PM
Put a box with Schrödinger's cat inside :)

TeamHorwich
08-16-2010, 04:48 PM
Put a box with Schrödinger's cat inside :)

that sounds like an interesting puzzle/mystery cache...