View Full Version : Last Cache Bashe

WhereRWe?
08-21-2010, 06:20 PM
This is usually one of the best events of the year (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=89fe671a-b02c-44fc-b398-10cb5faa041c). I wanted to make this a separate thread for those members who have never attended an event to see.

Join us at this event! You'll meet lots of Maine cachers, and usually some "from away" as well.

Put this event on your calendar!

Ekidokai
08-21-2010, 11:19 PM
This was my first event and I learned a lot.

hollora
08-22-2010, 07:22 PM
Not my first event but one of Brad's others was..........this event is a lot of fun as are most events. A great chance to meet folks and share in some fun.

brdad
08-22-2010, 07:37 PM
Lee and I have always had a great time at this event. For us it is a replacement for the great BBQ events that were held at Bicentennial Park. Brad does a great job, and the people and food are always great.

We are hoping to make this one. We will be in town and do not have plans, but Lee has some treatments coming up that may make it less probable.

If you can make it, go!

JFamilySebec
08-22-2010, 09:43 PM
I'm trying like heck to get my schedule arranged so I can go......gotta meet some faces to put with the online names!

Ekidokai
08-23-2010, 12:13 AM
I'm trying like heck to get my schedule arranged so I can go......gotta meet some faces to put with the online names!

Sometimes that not such a good idea.

JustKev
08-23-2010, 07:25 AM
Sometimes that not such a good idea.

I find it more than just funny that Ekidokai is the one pointing this out. :)

Sudonim
08-23-2010, 03:55 PM
I think this will be the first one I'm missing, but as one of the sponsors of the Bangor Waterfront car show the same day, I should probably be in Bangor instead :(
Have a great event, and I hope (for both of our events) that the weather is as good as it usually is for your event.

WhereRWe?
08-23-2010, 04:09 PM
Have a great event, and I hope (for both of our events) that the weather is as good as it usually is for your event.

Sheesh! I don't want anyone to think that this is our event - that comes in February. But you did remind me that I didn't mention that this is another event hosted by Mainiac1957. Thanks, Brad!

hollora
08-23-2010, 05:57 PM
Sheesh! I don't want anyone to think that this is our event - that comes in February. But you did remind me that I didn't mention that this is another event hosted by Mainiac1957. Thanks, Brad!

Think Sudonim may have been thinking of the Breakfast event which will fall on the Sunday after Mainiac1957's this year.

brdad
08-23-2010, 06:02 PM
I thought Andy meant both events - the car show in Bangor (his event), and the Cashe Bashe in Hampden (your, meaning the geocachers event). Sheesh, how many ways can people take one statement? :D

Mainiac1957
08-23-2010, 06:12 PM
I thought Andy meant both events - the car show in Bangor (his event), and the Cashe Bashe in Hampden (your, meaning the geocachers event). Sheesh, how many ways can people take one statement? :D

That's what I understood..

Sudonim
08-23-2010, 07:10 PM
That's what I understood..

Me too:p:p

hollora
08-23-2010, 08:31 PM
Lots of ways obviously and I have a Gun Show to boot!

JustKev
08-23-2010, 08:40 PM
Lots of ways obviously and I have a Gun Show to boot!

Do you flex your arms and pose and stuff?

:eek::D

hollora
08-23-2010, 09:42 PM
Do you flex your arms and pose and stuff?

:eek::D

I used to be (and probably could still hold my own) a fairly proficient marksman with both a handgun and rifle. Deliver me, friend, I am now nearly 61 years old and not so sharp as I used to be - but let me tell you this:

If you value your right to bear Arms - don't ignore or not go to Gun Shows or anything which has to do with National Rifle Association (NRA). Your regulator ATF (Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms) at the National Level is doing everything they can to reduce your access to firearms by not renewing their licenced vendors.

If you don't think your right to bear arms is not under concern you have your head in the sand! Please support our vendors who still have their licenses and come to our show.

There is a Geoevent on Saturday - and time to come in the afternoon - and then a breakfast event on Sunday - and time to come Sunday. Please support our right as US Citizens to bear arms and support this event.

Questions - PM me and if I can't answer I will pass it on to an NRA member who can.

JustKev
08-24-2010, 06:21 AM
I was joking about the phrase "gun show" meaning showing off your muscles. I agree with the right to bear arms and own a few myself. I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to joke about the "gun show" from the other viewpoint.

hollora
08-24-2010, 09:31 AM
Hee, hee - I would lose flat out! Can barely open a jar LOL

Ekidokai
08-24-2010, 03:19 PM
Don't let her fool you into a false sense of security. She is well capable of anything.

EvilHomer
08-26-2010, 04:40 PM
I wonder if Mr CARoper will be at this event? All his friends will be there. :)

brdad
08-26-2010, 05:09 PM
The more the merrier!

WhereRWe?
08-26-2010, 07:26 PM
I wonder if Mr CARoper will be at this event? All his friends will be there. :)

I see that he's indicated he'll attend the "Meet & Greet (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=e4761853-8df5-401f-ba4d-5837e1dacc56)" for the "World's #1 Dog Cacher (http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=7f644b23-6249-4a7f-8455-f2c25be2a55d)". :D:D

(Sheesh! Talk about "the numbers"... Host an event and then list yourself as having "attended".) LOL!

Mainiac1957
08-26-2010, 07:35 PM
Host an event and then list yourself as having "attended LOL!

More do that than not. I personally feel it's double dipping, but I have found I am in a minority with that thinking. Too each his own. I play my way. Always have. A hide is a hide, and a find is a find. Not one from each column.

As far as the cache bashe. All cachers are welcome. As long as you are coming for a fun time. If you are coming to start trouble, stay home. Never been an issue at any of the past events so I don't expect there will be at this years.

brdad
08-26-2010, 07:49 PM
(Sheesh! Talk about "the numbers"... Host an event and then list yourself as having "attended".) LOL!

Oddly enough, I don't take issue with attending your own event, even less so now that there is the "attended " log for events as opposed to the "found" logs we used to use for events.

In fact, I take more issue with the fact an attended log adds to your cache find count than a host attending his own cache!

And regarding dogs - I have seen several dogs actually attend an event. Sometimes they even make more sense than the cachers you talk to! :p

EDIT: Holy crap, not sure I ever looked at that pic in full resolution!

EMSDanel
08-26-2010, 07:54 PM
I'm wishing more and more that I could attend.... ;)

WhereRWe?
08-26-2010, 07:56 PM
I'm wishing more and more that I could attend.... ;)

Sheesh! Haven't you every heard of a "sick day"? :D:D

dubord207
08-26-2010, 08:05 PM
Di and I are taking my mom, sister and brother in law to the Birches at Rockwood that weekend. It's a substitute weekend for out Fort Kent cousins weekend we couldn't make this summer. If there's any trouble, I can be reached on my cell 1-800 WHY-KNOT. I doubt there's any trouble though.

EMSDanel
08-26-2010, 08:25 PM
Oh, I can't imagine any trouble at all. Get that right out of everyone's head. Brad's event is always a great time and well attended. I'd be there but I have a huge committment to the American Cancer Society...I'm the co-chair and MC at a huge (500+ attending) two-day Relay For Life training conference in Framingham, MA Friday and Saturday.

The geoevent in Hampden will be attended by geocachers. Enough said. No trouble at all. :)

brdad
08-26-2010, 08:27 PM
Well, as usual we will need to keep a eye on that Eekeee Dookie guy. :D

Mainiac1957
08-26-2010, 08:34 PM
EDIT: Holy crap, not sure I ever looked at that pic in full resolution!

A face only a mother could love. Of course she's lying right next to me as she does every night.

JFamilySebec
08-26-2010, 09:22 PM
well, as usual we will need to keep a eye on that eekeee dookie guy. :d

lol!! :d:d:d

hollora
09-11-2010, 08:42 PM
Ok, OK - Mainiac1957 pulls off his karma with the weather Gods and shows his expertise with another Great event............now, who, who, who brought the meat balls in the crock pot on the end of the picnic table???? Many, many people said - who made these????? And I suspect that is a recipe which should be added to our book if you are willing to share!

And to the person who created the turtles, I tried to make those and couldn't get the hot dogs into the hamburg - email me what I did wrong LOL

Looked like everyone had a great time. Happy to meet new folks and say hi to old friends. Thanks Brad!

JustPJ66
09-11-2010, 08:54 PM
I saw brdad with a crockpot but dont know if it was "the" crockpot in question or not

hollora
09-11-2010, 08:59 PM
I saw brdad with a crockpot but dont know if it was "the" crockpot in question or not

It was something there fairly early - like before 11:15 or so. Eventually we will know. It was on the left on the end - near the plates and utensils.

Fins_Up
09-11-2010, 09:02 PM
brdad emailed me earlier today and said he was busy making meatballs.....I think the mystery is solved.

brdad
09-11-2010, 09:11 PM
Ah, well it clearly could not have been me, I didn't get there until 11:20. :p
Although, I did bring a crock pot home. I thought it was a trade item! Took crock pot, left turtle tail... :D

JFamilySebec
09-11-2010, 09:22 PM
Ekidokai made the turtles...............

hollora
09-11-2010, 09:28 PM
K - need to check why my turtles arms, legs, heads and tails fell off when I made them at home.

brdad
09-11-2010, 09:35 PM
brdad emailed me earlier today and said he was busy making meatballs.....I think the mystery is solved.

No, no .. I said I was meeting Lucille Ball! :p

Ekidokai
09-13-2010, 12:54 PM
Oh yeah I baked the turtles.

Not hard to keep them from falling off. The trick is to keep them live until you stick them in the oven. Unlike lobsters, stick them in a cold oven on low heat. If you put them in a hot oven they try to run away and stick the legs and head out too far. When the heat gets to them they burn off.

Feed them corn meal before hand too. Firms them up.