View Full Version : Talk About Coincidences!

WhereRWe?
09-02-2010, 05:50 PM
Sheesh!

Many of the "old timers" on GCM.org will remember EGSG, a great geocaching couple who moved to Texas from Maine.

I was re-reading some of my recent cache logs, looking for a lost TB, and I noticed that EGSG had logged some of the same caches in Tennessee (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=e1ffb43a-4233-4521-ac23-08d93ebc7888), on the same date that we had. They were heading to Maine too!

Wow! It really is a small world! :D:D

brdad
09-02-2010, 06:10 PM
I saw they found a few caches up here, wish we could have caught up with them. To anyone who has never met them, they are great people.

And you are right, geocaching helps remind me how small a world it is on a regular basis!

Waterski
09-02-2010, 06:10 PM
Yes, It is a small world. Someone just did one of our caches this week and the log in name resembled a full name of someone we knew years ago. Come to find out it was a neighbor that moved away years ago. Small world.

WhereRWe?
09-02-2010, 07:23 PM
I emailed EGSG about the coincidence, and Ed responded, saying that they recognized us from the stickers we use on our log entries, and did remembered us.

:D:D:D

Sudonim
09-02-2010, 07:29 PM
The first cachers I ever met "In the wild" were EGSG. Nice people :)

JFamilySebec
09-02-2010, 09:36 PM
The first cachers I ever met "In the wild" were EGSG. Nice people :)

I'm still waiting to meet my first cacher(s) "in the wild".............

Fins_Up
09-02-2010, 10:08 PM
My first run in with other cachers "in the wild" was with dblbogey11, and EMSdanel. We were all out very early one morning looking for "Al Mumata's Cotchpinicut". We teamed up and got a co-ftf. I have ran into others along the way and it is always fun.

JustPJ66
09-03-2010, 04:51 AM
My first run in with other cachers "in the wild" was with dblbogey11, and EMSdanel. We were all out very early one morning looking for "Al Mumata's Cotchpinicut". We teamed up and got a co-ftf. I have ran into others along the way and it is always fun.

ya you missed meeting us by "that" much hehe:D:D

JustKev
09-03-2010, 07:51 AM
We've run into a couple of caching teams "in the wild". We did the Kennebec/Messalonskee Train in April and ran into jkpoulin as they were trying to act innocent at a cache location while we passed back by. We had already located that one so we told them we knew what they were doing. Then, we ran into surfsupdiversdown while we were both still in vehicles, she was leaving as we were arriving. And most recently we met ampmdp at a cache. Other cachers we seen in the wild were at the cache at our house. We spent several minutes talking to SmallWorldTreks_Bee there and saw dblbogey11 from the window and spied dubord207 but we were headed out the door for an appointment and didn't harass him like we should have.

Fins_Up
09-03-2010, 10:33 AM
My son and I were caching the Rail Trail last year and ran into ampmdp. We were riding our bikes and saw them trying to be inconspicuous while looking for "something" on the side of the trail. As we were going by them on the bikes I said "Don't worry were not muggles". They laughed as we rode off. We ran into each other again later that day and chatted for a while. Another fun day and great caching memory.

EMSDanel
09-03-2010, 11:34 AM
I was at a conference in Dallas, TX over a year ago and found a few caches while there. Talk about a coincidence.....Tandemstoker was one of the next few cachers to sign those same logs. In Dallas!

tat
09-03-2010, 12:14 PM
I found a cache in Bogata Colombia. When I got home, a cacher found one of my caches. I thought I recognized the name. The same cacher found the cache in Colombia just before I did.

Waterski
09-03-2010, 09:31 PM
I found a cache in Cozumel and left a TB. Another cacher brought a TB back from Cozumel and put it in one of my caches very soon after. Small world.

Waterski
09-03-2010, 09:33 PM
The TB's were both in and out of the same cache and at first I thought it was the same one coming back... since they were both similiar( like jeeps or something.....)