View Full Version : Batten down the hatches

JustKev
09-03-2010, 08:48 PM
Looks like there's gonna be a tad bit of wind and rain. Hope everyone has all their stuff fastened down. Especially all of you cachers in Hancock and Washington Counties.

Ekidokai
09-04-2010, 12:47 AM
Well, we have had six showers so far. Not enough rain to really wet the grass at almost 1am

JustKev
09-04-2010, 06:49 AM
Well, we have had six showers so far. Not enough rain to really wet the grass at almost 1am

That's pretty much the way it was here too. We shut down the window fans, closed the windows and sweltered while it rained and barely blew at all.

I won't bemoan the fact that we didn't get any wind. We didn't need the associated power outages that can come from downed trees, etc. I will proclaim that I am overjoyed at the rain. Maybe my brown lawn will green up a bit after this.

And, Mike, if you are up at nearly 1 AM and not turning into a pumpkin I guess that rumor was false. :D

Ekidokai
09-04-2010, 04:12 PM
What? Who said what? I want names.

WhereRWe?
09-04-2010, 04:19 PM
That's pretty much the way it was here too. We shut down the window fans, closed the windows and sweltered while it rained and barely blew at all.

That little 5,000 BTU air conditioner in our bedroom window has been getting a workout lately! LOL!

But my Dad - who watches the rain gauge whenever it rains - tells me he got 2 1/2 inches of rain last night here in Solon

Ekidokai
09-04-2010, 04:43 PM
It did rain a bit in the morning.

brdad
09-04-2010, 09:37 PM
We got a few short but strong downpours. We've had one spot on a ceiling for about a year that gets just enough moisture at times to peel the paint off the plaster, but never actually saw water. Well, today I figured out where it was coming in! That's a good thing though, should be an easy fix now.

NativeMainer
09-04-2010, 11:20 PM
We got some light showers down here. I was expecting more, and with the exception of a leaky garage (used for storage, not our cars), I wanted to see some hard wind and rain. Oh, well.