View Full Version : Borestone Mountain Cache

parmachenee
09-28-2010, 04:08 PM
It looks like a good weather forecast for the weekend and we are planning on doing Borestone Mountain Cache (http://www.coord.info/GC2FWM7) by Groleau (GC2FWM7) on Saturday. We have never climbed Borestone and would like to invite anyone along who is interested in a group climb. We can all share the pain ....BUT... Charron only schlepps for me! :D We are flexible on the time so will go along with a convenient meeting time for those interested. Hoping for a great fall day!

brdad
09-28-2010, 04:14 PM
Sounds like fun, wish we could do it, but we can't. Have fun! Take pictures!

(The link was broken, so I fixed it for you)

fins2right
09-28-2010, 04:32 PM
Borestone is a great hike. I climbed it in 2009. The first part is an easy hike up a road. It's the last .7 that is tough. Steep climbs and hand over hand crawling. It's so worth it once your on top. Have Fun!!

Ekidokai
09-28-2010, 07:36 PM
Wow, that looks fun.

I think I would slow you down too much.

brdad
09-28-2010, 07:47 PM
Wow, that looks fun.

I think I would slow you down too much.

You did good at Halfmile. Of course, you had Lois to tow you up!

pjpreb
09-28-2010, 08:07 PM
Gosh that sounds almost as much fun as remodeling our kitchen!! Anyone wishing to skip Boring Borestone mountain and come help us with the remodel is welcome :D:rolleyes::eek:

Seriously - sounds like a great time and we'll be wishing we were there!

Ekidokai
09-28-2010, 08:24 PM
If everyone wasn't so friggin far away I would love to.

masterson of the universe
09-28-2010, 09:08 PM
Borestone, while not an overly long hike is cool once you reach the top. It's really neat when some of the local Cesnas fly by the mountain and you're higher than they are. Make sure after you do the mountain, that you take the time to walk out on the trestle bridge for some pics looking down. Very cool but make sure you are careful of the train schedule. Last time I did the mountain with my brother, we missed having to do our best "Stand By Me" impression by about 20 minutes.

hollora
09-28-2010, 11:08 PM
Wished I didn't have previous commitments. Enjoy the trek!

NativeMainer
09-28-2010, 11:21 PM
Darn, I'm working on Saturday. It looks like a fun hike.

4ccnhikers
09-29-2010, 10:40 PM
That does look like a lot of fun, and a challenge. I'll have to see what David thinks, and let you know later. We love Groleau's caches, and haven't done one for quite a while. Thanks for the invitation.

4ccnhikers
09-30-2010, 09:54 PM
David can't make it, but I'd really like to do this hike. Is anyone else interested? Is there a time planned?