View Full Version : Amazing georallye race!!

lexmano
10-01-2010, 02:29 PM
October 9th, starting and ending at DeLorme in Yarmouth. All proceeds to the benefit of the Catch A Dream Foundation. 48 new caches, all ranges of difficulty, 4 fun check in points with tasks to perform to continue racing (or time or point penalties), fantastic raffle prizes (top prize a PN60 with Spot and a one year subscriptyiooon to Spot), fantastic food donations and a great time. Late entries will be accommodated.:D

See the links below for more details.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=56248c94-6102-4f18-ac13-5126bee52329

https://sites.google.com/site/mainegeorallye3/

https://sites.google.com/site/mainegeorallye3/new-----silent-auction

lexmano
10-01-2010, 02:40 PM
It seemed that way, but Mainac1957 has come forward to protect your reputation.:D

For awhile it looked like we were going have to pretend Dubord and Mapachi were defending your good names!:eek:

Make a day of it and stay over to attend Kayerinme's 10-10-10 event the next morning.

brdad
10-01-2010, 03:30 PM
I think all Maine participants should represent the entire state! No need to divide!

Anyway, be safe; have fun. Could not make it this year if I wanted to.

This is a worthy cause.

lexmano
10-01-2010, 04:22 PM
I think all Maine participants should represent the entire state! No need to divide!

Well said, although it is hard to conceive of Dan and Patrick representing your area!:)

More participation from the Bangor area is always welcome down here in the lowlands.:D

fins2right
10-01-2010, 04:54 PM

This is a worthy cause.

So this isn't part of the "Two Maine's" political debate? :D:rolleyes::D

One of these day's I'm going to catch this event. Unfortunately, I'm working that weekend. Have fun everyone.

brdad
10-01-2010, 05:34 PM
So this isn't part of the "Two Maine's" political debate? :D:rolleyes::D

That's exactly what I'd like to steer clear of. We've been through it before, and that was enough IMO.

Back to the rally....

masterson of the universe
10-02-2010, 07:39 AM
I did the Rally last year with a team from Bangor and Captain Chaos was there representing the Bangor area as well. Unfortunately, schedules just couldn't be arranged this year. Even though it was pouring rain almost the whole day, we had a blast. Even though we only found a few of the caches we were looking for and got drenched, we had a blast looking for all the items to take our picture with. Hopefully thats included again this year as seeing everyones photos was great.

Mapachi
10-02-2010, 12:11 PM

This is a worthy cause.

C. H. A. O. S. (Caching Heroes Around Our State) Does represent the whole State!

HAIL Team C.H.A.O.S. !
HAIL The conquering heroes!
PITY The mere mortals who challenge us.
BEHOLD OUR GREATNESS!

The Magnificent CHAOTICA has spoken!

lexmano
10-02-2010, 02:35 PM
C. H. A. O. S. (Caching Heroes Around Our State) Does represent the whole State!

HAIL Team C.H.A.O.S. !
HAIL The conquering heroes!
PITY The mere mortals who challenge us.
BEHOLD OUR GREATNESS!

The Magnificent CHAOTICA has spoken!

I apologize to the Maine caching community for disturbing the rock Chaotica was hiding under!!:eek:

Down Chaotica, Good boy Chaotica!

Does anyone have some red meat to throw?:D

masterson of the universe
10-02-2010, 04:00 PM
I was actually referring to Mike's costume at last years event. He was all decked out in a red cape, hood, and mask. I'll look tonight at my pics from last year. If I don't have one, I'm sure someone out there does.

dubord207
10-02-2010, 06:22 PM
I now have my "outfit" and can only hint about what it is...but no, I never made friends with any altar boys! Hail Pope Dan, the candy man! Team CHAOS will take no prisoners!;)

brdad
10-02-2010, 06:41 PM
Hmmm, maybe not all Mainers should represent the entire state.. :rolleyes:

Just kidding - we have a good group here.

Mapachi
10-02-2010, 08:26 PM
Beware of Team C.H.A.O.S.' caching heroine!
The whip carrying fem'fetale with a passion for cachin'........

"The Purple Passion";)

The Magnificent CHAOTICA has spoken.:cool:

HAIL TEAM C. H. A. O. S.:eek:

lexmano
10-03-2010, 06:10 AM
The whip carrying fem'fetale with a passion for cachin'........

"The Purple Passion";)

Is that Shotgun or Diane?

dubord207
10-03-2010, 06:45 AM
Actually that would be Bobbie the Bold, Pat's daughter. Di's identity has not yet been revealed...stay tuned!:)

Mapachi
10-03-2010, 10:53 AM
Unfortunatly the "SCORPION" (Shotgun) has lost her sting and has given her spot to the "PURPLE PASSION" for this year's rally.

CARoperPhotography
10-06-2010, 05:48 PM

This is a worthy cause.

No need to divide. Brdad has the task well under control.:cool:

Ekidokai
10-07-2010, 04:47 PM
Capitan Chaos might make a return appearance.

I'm told he was kind of disappointed that no one else showed up dressed up.

pm28570
10-07-2010, 08:02 PM
Capitan Chaos might make a return appearance.

Major Disappointment and General Nuisance? They showing up?:D

dubord207
10-09-2010, 07:50 PM
Di and I just returned from the GeoRally. Putting the "Amazing" on this event title was absolutely the right thing to do! What a ball! Team CHAOS certainly was a hit in our event outfits. The challenge caches were just that! Bobbi the Bold went to the top of the rock climbing wall, I managed a strike after about 7 balls, Pat almost rolled the Oreo cookie from his forehead to his tongue and Di quickly fashioned a fishing pole to snag two pretzels with a single effort!

The food was great and the general raffle resulted in every attendee getting a nice gift. Pat won a PN-60 in the big raffle. In spite of a few questionable moves, our driver... me was not cited for any violations!

And the event raised a bundle of money for Catch a Dream Foundation which will send a terminally ill child of the trip of lifetime. Final tally was well over $4000!!!!

Eustis a few weeks back, the Rally this weekend, this is what we like the most about geocaching...lots of great people playing a fun game and playing it well together! Thanks to all of the organizers of this event!:)

cachecrashers4
10-09-2010, 08:06 PM
We need pics!

lexmano
10-09-2010, 09:56 PM
We need pics!

One of the caches in Cape Elizabeth that had a significant chance of a water splash down had a motion activated game camera set up. The plan was to project them on the wall at the final get together.

It seems a cacher did not know the camera was there. He decided to simply go get the cache directly and not fool around trying to stay dry. So he strips to his underwear and went to get it.

Not a big problem until him comes out of the water and while facing the camera he peels off his underwear and wrings them out proudly as he faced the camera in the buff. New plans had to be made.

That was about the only part that did not go as planned and the fundraising goal of $3500 was exceeded. The latest count is over $4200 with some more funds due in.

Many thanks to all for participated.

pm28570
10-09-2010, 10:31 PM
One of the caches in Cape Elizabeth that had a significant chance of a water splash down had a motion activated game camera set up. The plan was to project them on the wall at the final get together.

It seems a cacher did not know the camera was there. He decided to simply go get the cache directly and not fool around trying to stay dry. So he strips to his underwear and went to get it.

Not a big problem until him comes out of the water and while facing the camera he peels off his underwear and wrings them out proudly as he faced the camera in the buff. New plans had to be made.

That was about the only part that did not go as planned and the fundraising goal of $3500 was exceeded. The latest count is over $4200 with some more funds due in.

Ed....and all involved....nice to hear of the success of the event. I suspect you could far exceed the the $4200 should you choose to, given the evidence you have in hand!

Wish I could have participated.

CARoperPhotography
10-09-2010, 11:27 PM

That cacher was my team mate, Petr (Marcipanek), and Ed that cache was in Windham, not Cape Elizabeth...... send me the photos so I can send them to Petr ha ha

CARoperPhotography
10-09-2010, 11:29 PM
PuppyTreats (Moxiepups and Trick or Treat) won the Race placing first. Serious-Panik (myself and Marcipanek, the "naked Czech" cacher) placed second....

Ekidokai
10-10-2010, 12:23 AM
Ed....and all involved....nice to hear of the success of the event. I suspect you could far exceed the the $4200 should you choose to, given the evidence you have in hand!

OMG! That is good!

Trick or Treat
10-10-2010, 02:49 AM

That is hilarious! We noticed that there seemed to be some pics missing from the slide show, but I guess it was a family event and all. So when is the "Amazing Geo Rally - Uncensored!" DVD release party?

Thanks to all who put on such an amazing event. If you missed it, then you missed out!

TeamHorwich
10-10-2010, 07:13 AM
https://sites.google.com/site/mainegeorallye3/photos

pm28570
10-10-2010, 08:36 AM
https://sites.google.com/site/mainegeorallye3/photos

Great photos!

lexmano
10-12-2010, 04:36 PM
The Fundraising goal had been set at $3,500. With the sale of a second Delorme 3-D coin to a certain Clergyman Cacher we are now in excess of $4,400.

If anyone would like to help us drive this over $5,000, checks made payable to Catch A Dream Foundation can be mailed to Dave Gallant at 26 Meadow Lane, Cumberland, ME 04101.

You can e-mail him at DSKGFTF@yahoo.com if you would like to discuss paying in another way.

Many thanks to all who worked and played to make this such a great event.:)

hollora
10-12-2010, 11:12 PM
The Fundraising goal had been set at $3,500. With the sale of a second Delorme 3-D coin to a certain Clergyman Cacher we are now in excess of $4,400.

If anyone would like to help us drive this over $5,000, checks made payable to Catch A Dream Foundation can be mailed to Dave Gallant at 26 Meadow Lane, Cumberland, ME 04101.

You can e-mail him at DSKGFTF@yahoo.com if you would like to discuss paying in another way.

Many thanks to all who worked and played to make this such a great event.:)

So the next closest bidder (or someone else) bought the other Geocoin for the next highest Bid? Please - do tell. I am very happy for your success in this event. Cache on - cache happy all!

Ekidokai
10-12-2010, 11:42 PM
Wow, that is fantastic. Looking at the results page there were 21 teams that did a lot of good work, not to mention the people that put this together. Kudos.

lexmano
10-13-2010, 06:12 AM
So the next closest bidder (or someone else) bought the other Geocoin for the next highest Bid? Please - do tell. I am very happy for your success in this event. Cache on - cache happy all!

The coin was offered to the bidder behind you who declined to purchase. A certain caching lawyer (pope?) was delighted to buy it for the $200 bid price. A quick look at the Rallye photos will show you it was member of Team C.H.A.O.S. who bought the coin.

dubord207
10-13-2010, 06:39 AM
Hey, why not? A fantastic cause, a beautiful and unique coin.....don't any of you tell Dianne I bought this!:D:D

The coin was offered to the bidder behind you who declined to purchase. A certain caching lawyer (pope?) was delighted to buy it for the $200 bid price. A quick look at the Rallye photos will show you it was member of Team C.H.A.O.S. who bought the coin.

hollora
10-13-2010, 01:31 PM
Hey, why not? A fantastic cause, a beautiful and unique coin.....don't any of you tell Dianne I bought this!:D:D

Heck - that beauty might make a beautiful necklace! ;) Congrats on your purchase!

I just don't understand it - you bid and then aren't willing to take one for the price you bid - odd to me - but to each their own. :confused:

Agreed about the cause and where I couldn't enter the Rally = the reason I bid! :)

Congrats to all on a job well done! :D

Mapachi
10-14-2010, 10:04 AM
Heck - that beauty might make a beautiful necklace! ;) Congrats on your purchase!

I just don't understand it - you bid and then aren't willing to take one for the price you bid - odd to me - but to each their own. :confused:

Agreed about the cause and where I couldn't enter the Rally = the reason I bid! :)

Congrats to all on a job well done! :D

Sounds like something a politician would do.:D:eek:

hollora
10-14-2010, 06:41 PM
Sounds like something a politician would do.:D:eek:

Oh no - it wasn't a politician who bid, I don't think, it was a coiner from the Western part of the US.

Happy the coin stayed in Maine I am!:);):D

firefighterjake
10-15-2010, 04:36 AM
Hmmm . . . heard a report about this rally yesterday . . . sounded very intriguing . . . may have to see about getting a few folks together to do this next year . . . liked the idea of combining aspects of the Amazing Race with caching . . . very intriguing.

team moxiepup
10-15-2010, 06:37 PM
We had a great time teaming up with Trick or Treat, as Tricky Pups for the Rally. We had loads of fun and laughed quite a bit all day. H-pup didn't waste precious time stripping down to get the water cache, she just hopped in with her clothes on and with a little bit of Yankee ingenuity retrieved the cache. No censored or incriminating photos of our group :eek:
It was loads of fun and for a good cause which is the best part of the day. We are already planning for next years race.:D

cano
10-15-2010, 10:16 PM
I'm sorry I missed this one. I didn't know there is such a race. I would have really enjoyed it. Maybe next time.

CARoperPhotography
10-20-2010, 08:20 PM

I scored one of these coins in a cache in Wells, ME just the other night.... following Delorme's Twitter Feed, TH filled me in. I ended up giving it to TH because a)I don't collect coins and b) he needs a cool coin to start his NEW coin collection with!:o

hollora
10-20-2010, 10:26 PM
I scored one of these coins in a cache in Wells, ME just the other night.... following Delorme's Twitter Feed, TH filled me in. I ended up giving it to TH because a)I don't collect coins and b) he needs a cool coin to start his NEW coin collection with!:o

It was very sad to hear about his coins. I did post it to the National Geocoin Forums and hope everyone watches EBay AND visits their local Pawn Shops to explain Geocoins.

I visited mine about 2 years ago - they wouldn't touch one without running it on line.........they know the Track or Follow at line on the coin - and how to pump a number into the Geocaching.com site.

With some luck this trackables may sink the thief!