View Full Version : Events

pm28570
11-04-2010, 04:46 PM
Jeez....wicked quiet here, eh? So the question is: What type of event or event theme would you like to see that hasn't been done yet?

brdad
11-04-2010, 06:13 PM
I am happy with most any event. My biggest failure at events is not getting to meet and chat with everybody. Find a way to fix that and it could be a fun event.

One idea that was suggested a Minute to Win it caching style. That could be interesting. I like to watch people play the games, but I am less of a contestant.

Fins_Up
11-04-2010, 08:54 PM
What if we could make an event out of finding a really cool cache or series of caches. I really enjoyed the group outing last weekend when we all found the night caches.

brdad
11-04-2010, 09:01 PM
As per the guidelines, events created mainly for hunting caches are not generally allowed.

However, group caching can be fun even without the smiley. It was fun the other night, and a few years ago a bunch of us hopped on a ferry to go do the three Monhegan caches, it was a great time.

http://img.geocaching.com/cache/log/96abb4f0-91ad-42fc-938e-620e95fdea6a.jpg

JFamilySebec
11-04-2010, 10:42 PM
Wow, that sounds fun Dave! The ferry to Monhegan to get the caches there I mean.....

Sudonim
11-05-2010, 04:42 PM
That was a fun trip! (Except for the bee sting, fun trip...)

Haffy
11-05-2010, 07:26 PM
I don't remember you getting stung? I think the luv bug got you though...LOL

Mapachi
11-05-2010, 07:41 PM
A Redneck, Hillbilly, Bar-B-Q and Geo-event next summer!
Could have games like Cast iron fry pan throw, wife carry race, Hog callin' and a "Where in Tarnation?" scavenger hunt!

I might get in my Speedo and grease myself up to see if anyone can catch me!

YEEE HAAA!

hollora
11-05-2010, 07:46 PM
A Redneck, Hillbilly, Bar-B-Q and Geo-event next summer!
Could have games like Cast iron fry pan throw, wife carry race, Hog callin' and a "Where in Tarnation?" scavenger hunt!

I might get in my Speedo and grease myself up to see if anyone can catch me!

YEEE HAAA!

Hee hee - too bad you missed the 4-Wheel event in Aroostook County - we got close to the Fry Pan throw for sure........;);)

And then there is the Tread Lightly Event - that has had some great happenings but a few of you have experienced.;):)

pm28570
11-05-2010, 09:14 PM
And then there is the Tread Lightly Event - that has had some great happenings but a few of you have experienced.;):)
We have to convince Aaron to work the dates a little farther out for planning purposes.:)

JFamilySebec
11-05-2010, 09:30 PM
and a "Where in Tarnation?" scavenger hunt!

This sounds like tons 'o fun! My family uses that phrase often.........

team moxiepup
11-06-2010, 08:40 PM
I am happy with most any event. My biggest failure at events is not getting to meet and chat with everybody.

I know how you could talk to everyone. The event can be set up like one of those speed dating events. You get to spend 3 minutes talking to each cacher and when the bell/buzzer rings you move on to the next one. :D

brdad
11-06-2010, 08:52 PM
I know how you could talk to everyone. The event can be set up like one of those speed dating events. You get to spend 3 minutes talking to each cacher and when the bell/buzzer rings you move on to the next one. :D

3 minutes? It takes me two hours to watch 60 minutes!

May not be a bad idea though.

Haffy
11-07-2010, 05:48 PM
3 minutes? It takes me two hours to watch 60 minutes!

May not be a bad idea though.

Especially when the darned football games always make it seem like it takes 2 hours to watch it...LOL