View Full Version : Odd problem with GSAK macro and windows 7

LaughingTerry
11-10-2010, 12:01 PM
I added the addlog macro and it runs just fine. Then I added the macro button to the toolbar and when I try to run it from there I get a "error in macro at line 99" warning. It goes on to say macro settings file not found. C:Program files(x86)GSAK/Macros/addlogs.xml

If I go to C:Program Files (x86)GSAK/Macros there is addlog.gsk biut not addlog.xml

The really odd part is when I go to set the macro button and go to C:Program Files (x86)GSAK/ there is also addlog.gsk in that folder and another in Macros but if I go to the GSAK folder from "My Computer" there is no addlog in it.

brdad
11-10-2010, 12:44 PM
Assuming you have the newest version of GSAK and the newest macro version. GSAK version 6 does is not made to work on Win7. You may even want to upgrade to the newest updated version of GSAK, I have seen a few problems fixed by doing that. This is not on the front page, it is in the forums, you need to go to this thread and scroll to the last post for the install file.

http://gsak.net/board/index.php?showtopic=16220

I had problems helping with macro on a Win7 computer at the event. The directory where the macro defaulted to was read only and I could not figure out what to do about it so I had to have the macro save the file in an allowable folder. If you navigate to the folder with Windows Explorer you should be able to see if that is the issue. It looks like others have had issues with this as well, check out http://itexpertvoice.com/home/fixing-the-windows-7-read-only-folder-blues/

Also, I think the macro file you link the button to should be in
Users\*YourName*\AppData\Roaming\gsak\macros

If I had Win7 I might be able to be more sure

LaughingTerry
11-10-2010, 09:08 PM
Also, I think the macro file you link the button to should be in
Users\*YourName*\AppData\Roaming\gsak\macros

If I had Win7 I might be able to be more sure

Problem solved!!!! Thank you very much.

brdad
11-10-2010, 10:18 PM
Great!

Is Windows 7 working good otherwise? My XP unit isn't going to last forever...

Ekidokai
11-11-2010, 12:04 AM
XP? 98 here.

JustKev
11-11-2010, 06:24 AM
I have Windows 7 on my main PC and Laptop. Windows XP on this one. Found that running macros sometimes goes flaky on both systems (7 and XP). Loaded a macro to be able to print maps and next time I clicked the Macro Button for the Nuvi it went to the Map Macro. Go figure.

dubord207
11-11-2010, 07:42 AM
I have had Win 7 for a while now and did have trouble getting the Nuvi Export macro to work. At GUIE 3 I let Lois take a crack at it and she had the problem solved quickly. I haven't had any other issues with it.

Fins_Up
11-11-2010, 11:07 AM
I am also running 7 and I had some issues initially but once an update came out I have been find since. I think I ran it in compatibility mode initially.

brdad
11-11-2010, 11:11 AM
XP? 98 here.
I upgraded when Microsoft stopped the updates for Win98; I didn't want to risk security issues with an outdated system. I held off as long as I could, however!

pm28570
11-11-2010, 12:12 PM
Some of the company laptops that have been recently replaced are with Windows 7. I'm finding a few quirks as well as having some difficulties in Access when running SQL queries.
My own PC is XP Pro.....much preferred. I believe there is a plugin to Win 7 that will mimic XP.

LaughingTerry
11-12-2010, 12:26 AM
The only issues I am having with Windows 7 is in the Windows Live Movie maker. A few days ago it would capture from web cam just fine and then it quit. Something i downloaded probably. Another program or maybe the essentials kodac. Grrrrrrrr

I actually like it and it seems like it is easier to get around in than XP was and I loved XP. LOL

Mainiac1957
11-12-2010, 06:53 AM
I'm a little surprised that everyone has been talking about XP and 7 only. No mention of Vista. I have it on my laptop and can say I have had no issues what so ever with it. My PC has XP pro and it is still the old tried and true for stability. I guess whatever operating system doesn't fail you is a good one.

brdad
11-12-2010, 07:28 AM
We do have Vista on our laptop and have had real good luck with it. There is a MS employee that comes into national chat and he says Windows 7 is just Vista Service Pack 1.

JustKev
11-12-2010, 07:55 AM
I have XP and 7. Had Vista but upgraded to 7. I have two PCs, side by side and one laptop. Pam has a PC with Vista and an older laptop with XP. She almost never turns on the old laptop but absconds with mine instead.

Gob-ler
11-12-2010, 09:00 AM
two desktops, a laptop and a netbook running on Windows 7 with few issues. I prefer windows 7 on the home computers and am forced to use Vista on the work machines. Windows 7 seems to be a bit more efficient at least for me.