View Full Version : New Quebec Caches

WhereRWe?
06-16-2005, 12:50 PM
Since we only live an hour from the Canadian border, I'm always looking for caches in Quebec. There are a lot in the Sherbrooke area, but that would be an overnighter we haven't got around to yet. But I've noticed that there are a LOT ofd new caches in the Woburn/Megantic area, which can be done on a day trip from central Maine. Quebec is a lot of fun - many Quebecois speak English (especially in the southern part) - and I encourage you to try it.

Here's a link to the southernmost cache:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=614ff6c2-f766-4531-a96f-6e2718a78ef5

brdad
06-16-2005, 03:11 PM
How does that work with the discount? Must be about 10 Canadian caches are worth about 7 American ones? :D

WhereRWe?
06-16-2005, 03:56 PM
How does that work with the discount? Must be about 10 Canadian caches are worth about 7 American ones? :D

Well, in New Brunswick you're probably be right. Most of the caches are VERY easy to find, and many of them are in plastic grocery bags hanging from tree branches. Alough I must admit that when we cached in northern Quebec, most of the hides were what we're used to.

So, I'd have to agree that - in terms of difficulty - Canadian caches are discounted! LOL! :D

But as far as being interesting, many of our favorite caches have been in Canada. Wish we had time to do more...

TwoMaineiacs
06-16-2005, 07:51 PM
Maybe the caches are in bags in the trees so the Canadians can cache in the winter. :) Been trying to figure out who we can cache in the Maine winters without a metal detector and a snow shovel.

Anne

Geochicks
06-16-2005, 08:19 PM
It is so odd that this is mentioned since Hubby and I are headed up to Quebec City this weekend. Granted we only have a few caches planned it should still be fun!! :p

Nuffer
06-19-2005, 11:55 AM
Ici nous cacheons en Francais?

WhereRWe?
06-20-2005, 03:36 PM
Many of the listings for caches in Quebec are in English as well as French, especially in the Montreal and northern areas. If not, it just makes it more fun! LOL!

Pooh and friends
06-20-2005, 07:55 PM
Seulement si vous cachez à reculons:D

Ici nous cacheons en Francais?