View Full Version : Vegas Baby!

dubord207
12-09-2010, 08:03 PM
Di has to go to Vegas on January 11th for a meeting with the American Osteopath Association. She is concerned she won't be able to carry all of her luggage and has asked me to come along as her lackey. I have accepted the offer. So I don't really gamble and we'll be there until the 16th so I guess I might do some caching, maybe a couple thousand or so.

I'll be seeing the sights with Di on Jan. 12th, but the 13th and 14th I'll have a car and will be caching. If anybody wants to get hooked up then, drop my a note and we'll get after all those caches!:)

Mainiac1957
12-09-2010, 08:10 PM
If your willing to get me out there I will be your caching lackey.:p:rolleyes: Signing logs for you, and sticking my hand in sketchy places so you don't have to.:eek:

shuman road searchers
12-10-2010, 06:38 AM
Because I am the son that you always wanted I would think that my "dad" would want me along and my "father" would feel guilty as hell making me pay for it!:D

dubord207
12-10-2010, 07:32 AM
I think we're going to need a little DNA testing here. As far as me being the father, I point out that only thing we're sure about is the mother!:D

Because I am the son that you always wanted I would think that my "dad" would want me along and my "father" would feel guilty as hell making me pay for it!:D

ltlindian
12-10-2010, 11:22 AM
I wish you were going in April--that's when we'll be there! Flying in to Las Vegas, then driving to Hoover Dam, Skywalk, Grand Canyon and anything else that catches my fancy, then back to LV for my conference a week later! Looking forward to it all! :D

CARoperPhotography
12-10-2010, 11:10 PM
Marcipanek leaves tomorrow for Vegas with his wife who has to be there for a work conference. And of course, he is tackling the E.T. Highway....

dubord207
12-11-2010, 08:14 AM
Great! I'll have to catch up with Petr when he gets back to find out what the weather is like where the caches are placed. I know it can be 80 in the city and snowing in the mountains.

Marcipanek leaves tomorrow for Vegas with his wife who has to be there for a work conference. And of course, he is tackling the E.T. Highway....

JustKev
12-11-2010, 09:47 AM
Great! I'll have to catch up with Petr when he gets back to find out what the weather is like where the caches are placed. I know it can be 80 in the city and snowing in the mountains.

Even at 80 in the daytime, in the desert it gets cold at night. I was in Southern California in the service. The daytime temps would be 100+ degrees and you'd near bouts freeze at night.

shuman road searchers
12-11-2010, 06:09 PM
I think we're going to need a little DNA testing here. As far as me being the father, I point out that only thing we're sure about is the mother!:D

Just came back from the DNA test and Dan you may want to think real hard where you were and who you were dating when you were 21!:D

dubord207
12-12-2010, 06:24 AM
No amount of thinking about my life at 21 will be helpful. I was living in Vienna Austria, tooling around Europe playing the piano and not behaving very well. Most of the memories are a little on the foggy side. I know the beer was REAL good. After that.....purple haze!:)

Just came back from the DNA test and Dan you may want to think real hard where you were and who you were dating when you were 21!:D

Ekidokai
12-13-2010, 01:20 AM
Vegas was OK last time I was there back in the 80's. The heat was terrible in the fall and I was not liking it at all. Lucky for me we were there as part of a electronics promotion so we didn't have to venture outside much.

Dry heat my butt. Hot is hot.

Waterski
12-13-2010, 07:55 PM
There must be caches in Red Rock Canyon. If the donkeys are still around out there they may eat your gps unit. They were trying to get on a bus and stuck their heads right in our car. Fun.

EMSDanel
12-14-2010, 12:43 AM
No amount of thinking about my life at 21 will be helpful. I was living in Vienna Austria, tooling around Europe playing the piano and not behaving very well. Most of the memories are a little on the foggy side. I know the beer was REAL good. After that.....purple haze!:)

Ohhhhhhh....so you're MY dad!!!

EMSDanel
12-14-2010, 12:48 AM
Cool!! Several people have noticed the resemblance. Including Percy, Joel, Smitty, even Sitto down on Temple Street.

JustPJ66
12-14-2010, 05:00 AM
Ohhhhhhh....so you're MY dad!!!

Dont forget to claim all that back allowance! :)

lexmano
12-14-2010, 01:21 PM
Yesterday Petr, Marcipanek (Maine's Caching Monster), tackled the ET Highway solo. He did all the driving, finding, retrieving, signing and replacing by himself.

He started just after midnight and by 10Am reports were he had completed over 500 caches. Around 11PM he crested 1000!!:eek: By midnight he had found 1020 caches, in one day, as a solo cacher.

It is too bad such a huge accomplishment will be eclipsed next month when Dan gets to Vegas.:p

Congratulations Petr, let them try to top that!

cano
12-14-2010, 01:34 PM
Yesterday Petr, Marcipanek (Maine's Caching Monster), tackled the ET Highway solo. He did all the driving, finding, retrieving, signing and replacing by himself.

He started just after midnight and by 10Am reports were he had completed over 500 caches. Around 11PM he crested 1000!!:eek: By midnight he had found 1020 caches, in one day, as a solo cacher.

It is too bad such a huge accomplishment will be eclipsed next month when Dan gets to Vegas.:p

Wow, I haven't found so many in my whole life. I did SRM alone and I know how hard it is to do it alone, great job.

lexmano
12-14-2010, 03:19 PM
You and he are countrymen, correct? Make the rest of us look weak.:eek:

dubord207
12-14-2010, 05:30 PM
That is mind boggling! Is there a word like "centum" for that kind of achievement?

I'm going out there with Di and we'll be eating at fine restaurants and taking in shows every night. I'm not going on any 24 hour marathons. If I do half that many it will be a lot for me!

Unless somebody joins me in the quest and then, as they say in that part of the world, all bets are off!:)

pjpreb
12-14-2010, 07:01 PM
There must be caches in Red Rock Canyon. If the donkeys are still around out there they may eat your gps unit. They were trying to get on a bus and stuck their heads right in our car. Fun.

There are indeed caches in Red Rock Canyon including The Engagement Cache (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=b036b219-78c2-4c25-b609-3968269239cc) We placed Brdad's and Msteelee's sig items in that cache long before they were engaged. (September 3, 2004) That cache really works!!!:):)

CARoperPhotography
12-14-2010, 10:09 PM
Petr did 1023 caches on the ET Highway in under 24 hours.

Sudonim
12-15-2010, 08:08 PM
That is mind boggling! Is there a word like "centum" for that kind of achievement?

I'm going out there with Di and we'll be eating at fine restaurants and taking in shows every night. I'm not going on any 24 hour marathons. If I do half that many it will be a lot for me!

Unless somebody joins me in the quest and then, as they say in that part of the world, all bets are off!:)

Well, if centum is Latin for 100, then I guess he did a mille, or 1000. If he did 500 by mid-day, he did a quingenti (and another one before midnight:p )

Sudonim
12-15-2010, 08:09 PM
Well, if centum is Latin for 100, then I guess he did a mille, or 1000. If he did 500 by mid-day, he did a quingenti (and another one before midnight:p )

I usually do them unus at a time but have done a centum or two!

dubord207
12-15-2010, 09:02 PM
I remember when I started caching way back when.......when a Centum was a........never mind. I remeber when film cannisters were for film....ah, forget that thought. I remember when a GPS had an arrow that went around in circles and you had about 100 pages of downloaded cache info in your pocket to find ammo cans that didn't have any ammo! I remember putting out TB's that went 30 or 40 thousand miles before coming up missing...not 30 or 40 days!

Am I getting to be one of the "old-timers?';)

CARoperPhotography
12-15-2010, 09:34 PM
I remember when I started caching way back when.......when a Centum was a........never mind. I remeber when film cannisters were for film....ah, forget that thought. I remember when a GPS had an arrow that went around in circles and you had about 100 pages of downloaded cache info in your pocket to find ammo cans that didn't have any ammo! I remember putting out TB's that went 30 or 40 thousand miles before coming up missing...not 30 or 40 days!

Rhetorical question, Dan?:D

Mainiac1957
12-16-2010, 05:24 AM

Danny Rooney....:p:rolleyes:

Gob-ler
12-16-2010, 09:14 AM
Looks to me like your trying to make a case for you getting some respect! Just remember the phrase, "I get no respect" and you're then all set! No disappointments!

pm28570
12-16-2010, 09:37 AM
Danny Rooney....:p:rolleyes:
I'll hold him down Brad and you trim the eyebrows :D