View Full Version : Christmas Cache 2010 GC2KBJM

Ekidokai
12-21-2010, 05:30 AM
I am surprised no one has brought this up yet. Christmas Cache 2010 (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=f03884d0-6d45-423c-af54-471ee6aca981) GC2KBJM is a fantastic cache to say the least. My first experience last year at this cache was my favorite. The time and effort to set this up is more than anyone could expect.

Everyone should make plans to visit this cache if you want to experience what caching and Christmas is all about. My heart filled thanks go out to Gobler and Team Richards.

Maybe this year I'll get cookies and hot Chocolate.

tat
12-21-2010, 07:54 AM
The only cache I know of that required a building permit!

I went last Sunday, it was awesome!!

Fins_Up
12-21-2010, 11:40 AM
I have been looking for a nice cache to do on Christmas Eve and this may be the one. Thanks for posting. I had forgotten that when I saw it last year on here it was too late and I wanted to do it.

cano
12-21-2010, 12:10 PM
Looks awesome! I normally don't travel that far just for one cache, but if anybody would like to join me from Bangor on 24th I would go :)

JustKev
12-21-2010, 10:34 PM
Pam (JustPJ66) and I visited this cache on our way down to have an early Christmas with our two granddaughters. What a marvelous cache, especially for those cachers out there who cache with their younger kids. Well worth the trip down from Bangor and beyond.

JustPJ66
12-21-2010, 10:35 PM
Kev and I went today...well worth the trip for sure....Loved it!!

NativeMainer
12-21-2010, 11:22 PM
I'm planning on going up on Thursday, probably late morning, with my daughters.

hollora
12-21-2010, 11:27 PM
My Granddaughter Amara (Ms Amara) visited this cache when Gob-ler had it when she was 5 months old. My first visit was the year before. I remember Amara's first choice of a toy too! We still have that talking rabbit!

She has visited every year since. I hope we can get down this year before it is over as well. Thanks to the one who started this and the ones who continue to make this happen.......it is the best!

Merry Christmas everyone!

Waterski
12-22-2010, 10:31 AM
Last year we did not make it to this cache, but I hope this year to bring a 2 year old. It sure looks like fun!

hollora
12-22-2010, 11:01 PM
No question this is an awesome cache. Amara's eyes have been larger and larger every year. I hope the magic continues just for a year or two more.

NativeMainer
12-23-2010, 12:12 AM
Baring any catastrophe, I should be up there late morning tomorrow (Thursday) with my six year old girls in tow. They don't know it yet. Shhhh....

Ekidokai
12-23-2010, 06:29 PM
My eyes got big when I was there and I'm a bit older than Amara.

Fins_Up
12-23-2010, 07:33 PM
We are heading over there tomorrow morning. I am anxious. I haven't told the boys much about it because I want it to be a surprise.

attroll
12-23-2010, 09:00 PM
I am thinking about heading that way tomorrow to on my way to LL Beans.

hollora
12-24-2010, 12:16 AM
Looks like there could be GridLock in Parking Areas.........FrancisFamily, Ms Amara and hollora are putting this in our sights for tomorrow as well.............along with Christmas Tree Shop and Dick's!

Team Richards
12-24-2010, 07:18 AM
Just made the cocoa and I'm bringing it up to the cache now with some fresh cookies. Can't wait to see everyone

CARoperPhotography
12-24-2010, 02:26 PM
MarciPanek and I will be at the Christmas cache tonight at approximate midnight...

attroll
12-24-2010, 04:40 PM
MarciPanek and I will be at the Christmas cache tonight at approximate midnight...
That would be a cool idea. If I had someone to go with I might consider it. i did not go today as planned.

hollora
12-24-2010, 09:55 PM
Visited today with Ms Amara and Francis Family (daughter and her step-daughter too). It was fun as Andi (the oldest) hasn't been caching with us since 2006. Ms Amara was right into it this year. It was also fun to meet other cachers at the cache and see the reactions on everyone's faces.

The refreshments were wonderful and such fun to see so many people enjoying this cache. Thanks to Gob-ler for the first few versions/years and now to Team Richards for helping Gob-ler to continue this tradition.

Merry Christmas one and all!

Fins_Up
12-25-2010, 12:50 PM
Awesome cache! We loved it and will continue to go there each year if it is still going. If we can help out at all we would be willing to do that too.

attroll
12-25-2010, 01:30 PM
Does anyone want to go to this cache with me today?

cachecrashers4
12-25-2010, 08:51 PM
Will the cache still be up tomorrow?

hollora
12-25-2010, 09:05 PM
Will the cache still be up tomorrow?

Oh, I suspect it will - you have to go see it - it's awesome!

dufzor
12-26-2010, 02:37 AM
I hope it will be up for a few days more. Really want to get down to do it!

Team Richards
12-26-2010, 08:06 AM
The cache is active for around three months. We have cocoa on the weekends or if we know someone is coming. The cocoa is brought in at night usually between 6 and 7. This is because it is made from scratch (milk chocolate etc) and when it cools it goes bad, and we don't want anyone to drink that. The visits tend to slow down after January so the cocoa is available if we know your coming after that point (just so we aren't throwing it out). We try to always have home made cookies. As for the toys, all that we have are in the cache, we have no way to tell how long they will last.
We thank you all for coming to visit the cache and we hope to get to meet you all.

Happy Holidays

hollora
12-26-2010, 09:25 AM
The cache is active for around three months. We have cocoa on the weekends or if we know someone is coming. The cocoa is brought in at night usually between 6 and 7. This is because it is made from scratch (milk chocolate etc) and when it cools it goes bad, and we don't want anyone to drink that. The visits tend to slow down after January so the cocoa is available if we know your coming after that point (just so we aren't throwing it out). We try to always have home made cookies. As for the toys, all that we have are in the cache, we have no way to tell how long they will last.
We thank you all for coming to visit the cache and we hope to get to meet you all.

Happy Holidays

Team Richards - I am sure in your other life you both worked for Santa and your new job is to train Jacob and William. Surely Miss Holly's experience in cooking shows and yours in creativity. Thank you very much - this has become the highlight of our holiday season! :):D:)

ampmdp
12-26-2010, 01:53 PM
We were the very last visitors to the 2009 Christmas cache (in March), so we were determined to visit during the holiday season this year. We went to the cache yesterday afternoon. What an amazing experience! The cocoa was hot, the cookies were delicious, and the gifts were plentiful! Thanks so much for your generosity and the memorable experience! We also met tat and robt and and a great conversation! We went down to the house to say hello, but no one was home. We video'd the experience (***SPOILER ALERT***):
http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/video.php?v=1683149392526

Thanks again!
-Mike

Ekidokai
12-26-2010, 03:32 PM
"Come on you guys, you're too slow!"

pjpreb
12-26-2010, 03:57 PM
The cocoa is brought in at night usually between 6 and 7. This is because it is made from scratch (milk chocolate etc) and when it cools it goes bad, and we don't want anyone to drink that. Happy Holidays

Best cocoa I ever had! The cookies were great too! Thank you so much for this cache. We brought Goobie6 and Chip and we all enjoyed it very much :):)

hollora
12-26-2010, 04:19 PM
We were the very last visitors to the 2009 Christmas cache (in March), so we were determined to visit during the holiday season this year. We went to the cache yesterday afternoon. What an amazing experience! The cocoa was hot, the cookies were delicious, and the gifts were plentiful! Thanks so much for your generosity and the memorable experience! We also met tat and robt and and a great conversation! We went down to the house to say hello, but no one was home. We video'd the experience (***SPOILER ALERT***):
http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/video.php?v=1683149392526

Thanks again!
-Mike

Mike - congrats on 800 and the video is awesome! Thanks for sharing.

Team Richards
12-26-2010, 04:54 PM
What an amazing experience! The cocoa was hot, the cookies were delicious, and the gifts were plentiful! Thanks so much for your generosity and the memorable experience! We went down to the house to say hello, but no one was home. We video'd the experience (***SPOILER ALERT***):
http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/video.php?v=1683149392526 (http://www.facebook.com/#%21/video/video.php?v=1683149392526)

Thanks again!
-Mike

We're sorry we missed you, we were out visiting family ad friends and didn't get back till late. We loved the video, Thank you for sharing that we everyone.

Team Richards
12-26-2010, 05:33 PM
Best cocoa I ever had! :):) Thank you It took 500 years to get it right. Sorry we missed you guys, not quite sure were we were, glad you enjoyed the cache.

dufzor
12-27-2010, 02:14 AM

Happy Holidays

Oh good!!!! I am so excited! I didn't miss it! Thank you!!!:D

CARoperPhotography
12-27-2010, 05:03 PM
Marcipanek and I brought Sam Adams Winter Lager with us to the Christmas Cache on midnight Christmas Eve :-)

shuman road searchers
12-27-2010, 06:50 PM
I was thinking of going down on Wed. is anyone interested?

pjpreb
12-27-2010, 06:58 PM
Thank you It took 500 years to get it right. Sorry we missed you guys, not quite sure were we were, glad you enjoyed the cache.

Any chance you would share that recipe? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

cachecrashers4
12-27-2010, 07:13 PM
Thank you It took 500 years to get it right. Sorry we missed you guys, not quite sure were we were, glad you enjoyed the cache.

The Santa Clause movie reference????

hollora
12-27-2010, 10:27 PM

Would be happy to add it to our recipe article................

Team Richards
12-28-2010, 06:54 AM
I would be glad to but I don't measure so let me figure out how much and i'll get back to you.

team moxiepup
12-29-2010, 10:50 PM
We're hoping to get to this one tomorrow and will be bringing along a couple of folks who've never seen this one. :)

JFamilySebec
12-30-2010, 12:04 AM
I hope to get there this weekend. We're planning a trip to Freeport so hubby can use his gift cards he got for Christmas - can't wait to see this and my son will be so excited! I'm not going to tell him anything, except that we're going to a cache. Thank you for keeping this going after Christmas!

attroll
12-30-2010, 11:49 AM
This is a ways out but I have it on my calendar to go on 10 January.

dufzor
12-31-2010, 01:24 PM
This is a ways out but I have it on my calendar to go on 10 January.
Me too. Just got new tires on the geowagon, and have to get the car aligned Monday, so trying to keep the miles down until then. Then if I can gather up my 3yr old caching partner, this would be a great cache to take him to (even if it makes a long day for those of us who can't keep up with Punkin1:D:eek: )!

Team Richards
12-31-2010, 02:20 PM
Me too. Just got new tires on the geowagon, and have to get the car aligned Monday, so trying to keep the miles down until then. Then if I can gather up my 3yr old caching partner, this would be a great cache to take him to (even if it makes a long day for those of us who can't keep up with Punkin1:D:eek: )!

If it isn't going to be on a weekend let us know when your coming and we'll make sure there is cocoa

dufzor
12-31-2010, 02:32 PM
If it isn't going to be on a weekend let us know when your coming and we'll make sure there is cocoa
:D:D:D Sounds good! I will coordinate with Punkin1's mom tomorrow. TY

attroll
01-10-2011, 12:18 AM
Will be stopping by tomorrow after lunch sometime to do this. I am really looking forward to it.