View Full Version : Happy Holidays!

Waterski
12-22-2010, 10:39 AM
Best wishes to all of my fellow geocachers during the Holiday Season. Enjoy the rest of the year and Happy New Year! Whats been your favorite new years celebration over the years? I have loved partying with some of the same group of friends over the years, varying our location of the celebration every year from homes to restaurants, Old Port area in the freezing cold, and dance halls. Enjoy your celebration, even if it is in the recliner watching the ball drop!:-)

hollora
12-22-2010, 11:11 PM
I will step up to the plate and say - Merry Christmas! Yes, I am a Christian but also respect anyone who may celebrate Hanukkah, Ramaddan or any other "non-traditional" holiday. May all of our Geocaching friends enjoy the splendor and peace of their respective holidays.

And as time passes into the New Year - may 2011 bring to all the very best! Ralph and I wish all - Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and a Wonderful New Year!

PS - in response to the what do you do? - we do a sleep over with our Granddaughter so our Daugher and Husband can enjoy a nice evening and weekend out (a Christmas gift which has become tradition). We will be going to a family affair type of party at our local conservation club with the Granddaughter and then coming home to go to bed. We would retire early with or without her so this works for us.

Happy New Year everyone!

firefighterjake
12-23-2010, 09:25 AM
Hehheh . . . I sort of kind of messed up the other day. Inspected a local synagogue and as I was leaving the Secretary wished me a Merry Christmas and without thinking I responded, "And Merry Christmas to you too" before realizing what I had said.

As it turned out . . . the secretary actually was not Jewish and celebrates Christmas though.

brdad
12-23-2010, 10:24 AM
Happy Festivus!

Ekidokai
12-23-2010, 06:27 PM
Merry Christmas.

Not religious at all. Just like the season and the meaning which ever avenue you choose to take.

pm28570
12-23-2010, 06:47 PM
Buon Natale!

cano
12-23-2010, 06:56 PM
happy winter solstice, the original reason for celebration.

Haffy
12-23-2010, 06:59 PM
happy winter solstice, the original reason for celebration.

Sorry to burst your bubble Cano but the original reason for celebration of CHRISTmas, is the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ.

EMSDanel
12-23-2010, 07:17 PM
Happy Holidays to each and all. It truly is a wonderful time of the year.....!

EMSDanel
12-23-2010, 07:24 PM
Well, Haffy, it's actually not that simple. I just watched a half hour History Channel program two days ago about this very topic. Yes, indeed, there was the wish to celebrate the birth of Christ...but when? There is nothing, anywhere, that says Jesus was born on December 25th. But it was convenient that there was already a large celebration where people gathered family, gave gifts, etc. during the time of the winter solstace. So I think you both have earned some of those new geocaching "points".

cano
12-23-2010, 07:30 PM
Sorry to burst your bubble Cano but the original reason for celebration of CHRISTmas, is the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ.

I never mentioned Christmas, I was referring to this time of the year, when people was celebrating winter solstice thousand of years before Jesus was even born.

Haffy
12-23-2010, 08:15 PM
Ok, stand corrected then. Anyway Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hollora
12-24-2010, 12:23 AM
Not going to debate it and will be very busy after tonight - so Merry Christmas to everyone - if you have already celebrated (Hannakah) or celebrate Ramadan or any other Winter solistace holiday - CELEBRATE! Happy for all of you.

Happy New Year too!

May everyone and their pets be safe and have health as we journey on in our days. Bless you all!

Fins_Up
12-25-2010, 12:51 PM
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!!!

dufzor
12-25-2010, 12:53 PM
Happy Holidays, which ever/all that you and yours celebrate and a Happy New Year to you!