View Full Version : Christmas cache help

79olds
01-18-2011, 04:13 PM
Hi all, 79olds here. We visited the Christmas cache with our kids and grandkids again this year . What a wonderful cache it has been!! We got to talk with Team Richards and they said they didn't know if they would be able to continue having this great cache because of lack of toys. We were wondering if maybe the Maine geocachers would be willing to donate some new unwrapped toys to help keep this going. We have talked with tat and Kaching Karen because she is having an event in Jan. And they approved the idea of having anyone interested in helping to bring a unwrapped toy to be donated to team Richards and Gobbler Christmas cache. Maybe this could be done in future events throughout this year.:):D

Gob-ler
01-18-2011, 04:51 PM
Not to worry, Santa is making a delivery in April. Although a little Santa help in any way would be helpful.

JustPJ66
01-18-2011, 06:00 PM
This is such a wonder for the little ones that I would be proud to contribute in some small way to keeping it as special as it is. Thanks for allowing us to be a part of it.

hollora
01-18-2011, 10:56 PM
If everyone who has taken a toy would donate a toy it would sustain itself. And thank you to the Gob-ler who has sustained this over the years. If we go on a one for one donation - my family owes 3 toys.

Team Richards could you respond to the logisitical question of the best way to get things to you? Sounds like KK has approved toys being brought to her event.

I believe anyone doing an event would have to individually speak to collecting toys and getting them to the Team.............

Waiting for a reply from Team Richards - a logical event would be the Get Useless in Eustis event but after seeing their truck and camping gear..........not sure where they would put the donations BUT maybe they could find a secret hide-a-way!

NativeMainer
01-18-2011, 11:13 PM
My girls really enjoyed the cache when we visited. I'll be more than happy to donate some toys. With twin six year olds, it's not like we're overrun with them here. :rolleyes:

I'll let my wife know and when we do some spring cleaning (or winter, or summer, or fall), we should be able to come up with a boxful or so. It's a little out of my way, but on some trip north, I should be able to stop by with some goodies.

Ekidokai
01-19-2011, 07:11 PM
I will add a note to the Breakfast events that if anyone would like to donate they can and I'll get them to Team Richards somehow.

Mainiac1957
01-19-2011, 07:23 PM
All the toys that have been at the cache were new toys in the packages. I guess TR or Gobler need to clarify if that is what is desired. I don't believe they are looking for a lot of "used" toys. TR stores these toys at their home so I guess it really will be up to them. Of course the Salvation Army and Goodwill would gladly take any excess I'm sure. Not trying to rile anyone up, but I figured it might need to be addressed.

Team Richards
01-20-2011, 08:35 PM
We thank you very much for the thought behind this. Gob-ler started this cache and lots of kids look forward to it every year we are very proud to be able to host this cache. We have toys planned for next year but if anyone wants to donate that would be welcome too. Having raised kids we know that there is always a few toys that never got a lot of attention and may not be new in the box, but by looking at them you would not know that they were used. Those toys would be welcome as well. I'm not sure the best way to get any donations to us. It is nice of folks to offer to collect them at thier events, But we don't want o cause anyone any extra work with storage or having to figure out how to get the toys to us. The Get Useless in Eustis event would work for anyone attending. We hope this cache is an annual event for years to come.

79olds
01-21-2011, 09:03 AM
Hi all 79 olds here,it's great to see that maine cacher's are willing to help for a good cause like the xmass cache. I would be more than willing to try and help out by collecting the toys at the events and getting them to team richards. Seeing i started this thread,and because team richards lives in my back yard and it would only be a 20 to 30 minute drive for me to get them there, and it would be a great way to make a cachng trip out of it. Again thank's 79 olds

79olds
01-21-2011, 09:15 AM
Hey ekidokia 79 olds here if you like maybe we could get togather, if you are able to get some toys from your event. I can meet you like in newport if you wanted to. And again i would get the toys to where they need to go.

ampmdp
01-23-2011, 04:41 PM
We'd love to donate some toys...this is such a special cache and we'd love to help keep it going! 79olds...will you be collecting at the Windsor event?

79olds
01-23-2011, 07:38 PM
Yes i will be attending the event. And i would be more then happy to collect any toy donations, and see that they get to team richards. Thanks for offering to help with this wonderful cache 79 olds