View Full Version : Caches up for Adoption

Cache Maine
01-22-2011, 05:32 PM
I would like to find some cachers who is interested in adopting my caches. These caches really mean a lot to me, and want to make sure they are taken care of. I would ask that the caches maintain my name as original owner and then you can type in "Adopted by...." after.

The caches are:

Streaming Audio - Maine Rose Series (Hampden)
Meadow Falls - Maine Rose Series (Hampden)
Quarry Rocks (Frankfort)
101 DALMATIANS #66 (DAMIEN) (Northport - Lincolnville)
Five~O - Maine Rose Series (Hermon)
Cache Maine Vending Machine (Mile 174 Rest Area Southbound)
B52 CRASH STASH Millinocket
Tribute to Maine Cachers (Hampden)

The three Maine Rose Series caches are being offered to Hollora or Becket first, as they are the other two that helped with that series. If they are not interested in adopting them, I will offer them to others.

The B52 Crash Site one is my favorite. It's not easy to let this one go, but it's time for a new owner. I would like someone to adopt this one that likes aviation history.

The Tribute to Maine Cachers was originally an EGSG cache. I would like it to continue in his honor. I would give preference to someone that knows EGSG.

There is a story about the 101 Cache that I will happily share with the new owner.

Quarry Rocks is another of my favorites, because of the story that goes along with it.

So, I guess that's it. Please contact me if you are interested in adopting one of these gems. I would like to choose, and finalize adoptions asap.

Thanks in advance, and happy caching!:)

Cache Maine
01-22-2011, 05:41 PM
Oh, one more thing. This is not a first come, first served type of thing. If you are interested in a cache or all of them, please let me know (cameo@cachemaine.com). I will choose from those interested.

I can be reached through PM here or email, cameo (at) cachemaine (dot) com

If nobody wants them, I am going to archive them.

hollora
01-22-2011, 05:47 PM
You have mail!

brdad
01-22-2011, 06:13 PM
Some good caches there, and a few I have on my todo list! I hope someone adopts them and that all is ok. And, Happy Birthday! :)

Cache Maine
01-22-2011, 06:19 PM
Thanks Dave! Yes, all is well, just time to move them on to deserving owners.
Which ones do you want? :o)

Cache Maine
01-22-2011, 06:21 PM
Ohhhh....I can't stand when it does that! I try to do a happy face and I get a pink smirky one! :)

pm28570
01-22-2011, 07:54 PM
Mail is on it's way.

Cache Maine
01-22-2011, 10:40 PM
Hollora and Becket have decided not to adopt the Maine Rose Series caches so they are all available at this point. Thank you to those that have sent info, stories and comments my way. I appreciate your thoughts and desire to continue the legacy!

hollora
01-22-2011, 10:51 PM
Cache Maine ~ I should have publically acknowledged, on this thread, a sincere Thank You for leaving adoption open to becket and me first on the Maine Rose Series caches. It is my sincere hope anyone who is interested in any of them knows or learns the reason and rationale for the placement of this series.

Although I decided not to be a taker of one or all of your Maine Rose series caches, they sure do deserve to be adopted. Each of your caches deserves a new owner. I feel confident you will have lots of folks who may be interested.

Again, thank you for your thoughtfulness!

CARoperPhotography
01-23-2011, 01:32 AM
I'd be very interested in adopting the B-52 Crash Site cache. I've yet to find it, but have been to the crash site several times, before I discovered Geocaching. If this is something you would be willing to do, I'd be willing to take a drive up to Greenville on Tuesday to find the cache and maintain it.

Cache Maine
01-23-2011, 07:50 AM
Good morning everyone! Wow, I have been overwhelmed with interest on the B52, Quarry Rocks and a few others. I have an adoption request going out for Streaming Audio as I got a pretty nice request for that one. Please know that I wish I had one for everyone! It will be a tough decision on the ones that are proving to be popular!

Thank you all for your help with these...I appreciate it very much!

brdad
01-23-2011, 09:14 AM
Thanks Dave! Yes, all is well, just time to move them on to deserving owners.
Which ones do you want? :o)

I am cautious as I don't want more caches than I can/want to maintain. I'd have an interest in the B52 cache if I had found it but I have not and I would not feel right adopting a cache I had not found. That is an old one, I hope it goes to someone who will take good care of it.

CARoperPhotography
01-23-2011, 04:25 PM
I am cautious as I don't want more caches than I can/want to maintain. I'd have an interest in the B52 cache if I had found it but I have not and I would not feel right adopting a cache I had not found. That is an old one, I hope it goes to someone who will take good care of it.

If the B52 cache was allowed to be adopted by me as I said I'd make a special trip up on Tuesday. Please advise

Cache Maine
01-23-2011, 06:04 PM
If the B52 cache was allowed to be adopted by me as I said I'd make a special trip up on Tuesday. Please advise

I have had a great deal of interest on that one, and have not made a decision. I will post here when I do. Thank you for your interest!

Cache Maine
01-24-2011, 07:56 AM
Good morning!

I have sent a few adoption requests out this morning. These are the caches that I have left for adoption as of this morning.

Meadow Falls - Maine Rose Series (Hampden)
101 DALMATIANS #66 (DAMIEN) (Northport - Lincolnville)
Five~O - Maine Rose Series (Hermon)
B52 CRASH STASH (Millinocket)

I have had numerous requests for the B52, but would like to see the other three get adopted to. Please let me know if you are interested.

Thank you!

Cameo

CARoperPhotography
01-26-2011, 08:13 PM
We're still waiting for news on this.... seems many people have expressed interest in caches, ye we have no decisions? Feel free to take me out of the running for the B-52 cache. If you really were trying to get these caches adopted out, you would have made your decision by now. So why don't you "%$#@ or get off the pot" already?