View Full Version : Nuvi

dubord207
01-24-2011, 11:21 AM
I have a Garmin Nuvi 200W that we don't really need. It has the windshield suction cup, power cord and manual. Give me a good reason why you'd like it and a promise to use it geocaching and it's yours...FREE!:)

Fins_Up
01-24-2011, 11:45 AM
I live close so I can pick it up. I don't have one for the geo-truck and I promise to use GSAK to load it full of caches.

dubord207
01-24-2011, 01:58 PM
"Sold" C'mon down, you know where I live. I'll be home by 4 today.

I live close so I can pick it up. I don't have one for the geo-truck and I promise to use GSAK to load it full of caches.

shuman road searchers
01-24-2011, 05:34 PM
"Sold" C'mon down, you know where I live. I'll be home by 4 today.
Damn, you are cheap! I was going to offer beer and then have a nuvi in both of my caching mobiles.

dubord207
01-24-2011, 05:38 PM
Jason hasn't arrived yet. Ya know, a half gallon of Tangueray might dull my memory! Jason who? Fish fins? What's his geo-name?:D

Damn, you are cheap! I was going to offer beer and then have a nuvi in both of my caching mobiles.

Fins_Up
01-24-2011, 08:55 PM
I was wondering what the crazy voicemail was on my phone that sounded like Jim pretending to be a woman and telling me not to go to Dan's house because it was a trap. Now it all makes sense!

shuman road searchers
01-25-2011, 06:46 AM
I was wondering what the crazy voicemail was on my phone that sounded like Jim pretending to be a woman and telling me not to go to Dan's house because it was a trap. Now it all makes sense!
Voice what?pretending?I think Dans dogs are vicious!They have taken a beer away before!

Fins_Up
02-02-2011, 11:49 PM
I loaded the nuvi with 750 POIs for the nearest winter friendly caches tonight! I will be putting it to good use Dan. Thanks again!

Ekidokai
02-03-2011, 03:45 AM
You will like that a lot. I used mine everyday and it was great. Mine got upset when I would not follow it's directions exactly because the roads it wanted me to drive on were ruffer than others. It swears and hollers a little but if you turn the volume down everything will be fine.

JFamilySebec
02-03-2011, 09:51 AM
You will like that a lot. I used mine everyday and it was great. Mine got upset when I would not follow it's directions exactly because the roads it wanted me to drive on were ruffer than others. It swears and hollers a little but if you turn the volume down everything will be fine.

Yep, mine too. Dora starts cussing - "fine, go 500 ft and make a da** U-Turn, then do as I TOLD you to do and get on I-95 and drive South to Florida you simpleton".

JustKev
02-03-2011, 11:23 AM

Yep, mine too. Dora starts cussing - "fine, go 500 ft and make a da** U-Turn, then do as I TOLD you to do and get on I-95 and drive South to Florida you simpleton".

I wish I could use Buford T. Justice from Smokey and the Bandit.

"Turn left, you sumb*tch.":eek:

Fins_Up
02-03-2011, 12:15 PM
Or Mr. T... You missed the turn Fool!!!

JustKev
02-03-2011, 12:43 PM
Or a Nuvi that quits working when you don't follow her directions.

"You are the weakest link. Good bye."

JFamilySebec
02-03-2011, 07:35 PM
Or a Nuvi that quits working when you don't follow her directions.

"You are the weakest link. Good bye."

Haha! Too funny....

dufzor
02-04-2011, 01:28 AM

I have a question about Nuvi voices. So far, I have tried 2 voices. One is Dr Nightmare. He used to scare me out of the drivers seat when I was driving along long country roads and he would come out with a loud statement about the full moon! :eek: Then, on the way to my Uncles military service in Augusta, he commented that my car was nice, but it was no hearse, and did I want to go to the BONEYARD??? Looking back, it is humorous, but not so back then! :eek::D
So, I switched to the squirrel and he chats non stop but says the same things over and over! I would never hurt an animal, but get the urge to buy a pellet gun when I hear his voice! :D
So my question is, what do you experienced Nuvi owners find to be the least intrusive Nuvi voice? I would appreciate any input. :)

Ekidokai
02-04-2011, 01:41 AM
There are so many you will have to do a search for Nuvi voices and find one the suites you. I kind of like one of the Stewie voices. I also have a Cluso one that people like.

brdad
02-04-2011, 07:40 AM
We just use the Samantha that came on the unit. Most all the others are just annoying. And I am used to not fully paying full attention to what women say, so when she keeps telling me I've messed up I'm familiar with it.

dubord207
02-04-2011, 08:01 AM
We have Judge Judy. She yells "Objection" if I miss a turn and found me in contempt when I tried to climb Kennabago Mountain with Di's Highlander!:D

Gob-ler
02-04-2011, 10:28 AM
I have gotten used to Samantha telling me where to go. There are only two women that have that opportunity and she is quite good at it.

Sudonim
02-04-2011, 10:37 AM
There was a nav unit years ago that had John Cleese from Monty Python. That was a great voice!

pm28570
02-04-2011, 12:14 PM
"Mr Mayhem" from Allstate perhaps. RECALCULATING!

Sudonim
02-04-2011, 12:30 PM
"Mr Mayhem" from Allstate perhaps. RECALCULATING!

This is funny.
http://www.facebook.com/mayhemhere?v=app_4949752878
I like how different versions heckle each other.:D

pm28570
02-04-2011, 02:57 PM
This is funny.
http://www.facebook.com/mayhemhere?v=app_4949752878
I like how different versions heckle each other.:D3
I hadn't seen the biker bar or creepy motel ones.....funny.