View Full Version : Event thought

attroll
01-29-2011, 06:12 PM
I have been contemplating having an event. I am not sure how good of and event it might be but I would like to here some thoughts from everyone on my idea.

I was thinking that I could put a slideshow together from my hike on the Appalachian Trail last year and display it. I could answer any questions that people may have about the Appalachian Trail.

If I decide to do this, I would have no idea where I could do it. Any idea would be helpful too.

WhereRWe?
01-29-2011, 06:41 PM
If I decide to do this, I would have no idea where I could do it. Any idea would be helpful too.

Sheesh! Pig roast. Your house. :D:D

dubord207
01-29-2011, 07:01 PM
Doesnt' have to be an official geoevent. Di and I would enjoy the slide show and the company. As to a place, depends on how many folks you'e thinking, but we know how to entertain here!

dufzor
01-29-2011, 07:07 PM
I'm interested too! I would love to see slides of your trek!

hollora
01-29-2011, 07:14 PM
Depends on the timing.......sounds like an interesting presentation.

cachecrashers4
01-29-2011, 07:31 PM
that would be awesome!

attroll
01-29-2011, 07:33 PM
That would be the other thing to consider, how many people would like to attend. Dan your right, it really does not have to be a geoevent.

Fins_Up
01-29-2011, 09:17 PM
Event or not I would also love to see the pictures.

brdad
01-29-2011, 09:22 PM
I like the idea as well, smiley or no smiley.

pm28570
01-29-2011, 11:05 PM
Would really enjoy such a gathering, look forward to hearing more.

4ccnhikers
01-30-2011, 12:28 AM
Sounds like a great idea to me. I would certainly try to be there, event or not. Sorry I don't have any suggestions for where to have it, I think it depends on how many might be there, and where the attendees are traveling from. I enjoyed following your trek blog. P

Ekidokai
01-30-2011, 03:08 AM
There are grange halls and all kinds of meeting places in that area.

tat
01-30-2011, 06:55 AM
There's a nice little theater in Fort Andorss in Brunswick. I'm sure there would be plenty of us to chip in on expenses.

http://www.explorefrontier.com/space/private-events

shuman road searchers
01-30-2011, 01:59 PM
I'm in! I would like to see the hike!

attroll
01-31-2011, 10:21 AM
There's a nice little theater in Fort Andorss in Brunswick. I'm sure there would be plenty of us to chip in on expenses.

Thank Tat. I did not see a price on there web site. I sent them an email. I don't think it is going to be cheap though.

Sudonim
01-31-2011, 03:33 PM
If it is on a non-workday, I'm in! I'd love to see your pics and hear some trail stories! Might even be able to bring PedalChick along for the ride :)

Kaching Karen
01-31-2011, 06:46 PM

I'd love to offer Windsor School, but they don't charge and I don't want to take advantage of their generousity. I'm always after them to have groups such as ours, pay the custodians. Maybe if we took up donations?

Fins_Up
01-31-2011, 07:56 PM
I would gladly pitch in some $$ for the custodians.

CARoperPhotography
01-31-2011, 09:12 PM
Will there be beer?

Kaching Karen
01-31-2011, 10:20 PM
Will there be beer?

It's in the school... I'm a Health teacher.... my guess would be, NO.

How about Root Beer?:)

EMSDanel
02-01-2011, 07:02 PM
Hey Rick.... How far are you willing to travel? I've often hosted meetings at Eastern Maine Community College in Bangor - rooms for free. AV aids, projector screens, probly even an LCD projector, tables, chairs, ample parking. Let me know.

brdad
02-01-2011, 08:43 PM
Hey Rick.... How far are you willing to travel? I've often hosted meetings at Eastern Maine Community College in Bangor - rooms for free. AV aids, projector screens, probly even an LCD projector, tables, chairs, ample parking. Let me know.

Hotel Brdad-Msteelee still has rooms available if you choose to go this route, Rick.

shuman road searchers
02-01-2011, 09:36 PM
Hotel Brdad-Msteelee still has rooms available if you choose to go this route, Rick.
What services are offered and will there be a mint on my pillow?:D

brdad
02-01-2011, 09:56 PM
What services are offered and will there be a mint on my pillow?:D

Free Wifi, a few toys for kids, and I think the pillow in that room might have some mint ice cream stuck to it. Can't beat it for the price.

attroll
02-02-2011, 01:00 AM

I like this ideal and with Dave's offer it sounds even better. Now I need to work on my presentation. I have the slideshow all put together but it is a long slideshow. I would not want to bore people to death. I have about 780 photos in my slideshow out of over 4,000 that I took.

Haffy
02-02-2011, 07:23 PM
Hey don't forget us out-of -staters too. Would love to see you post a power point presentation online so we could all see it.

dubord207
02-02-2011, 07:36 PM
Sheesh, don't give up your Maina status so quick. Call yourself " Temporarily displaced Mainer in a Southerner's body!":D

Hey don't forget us out-of -staters too. Would love to see you post a power point presentation online so we could all see it.

WhereRWe?
02-02-2011, 07:41 PM

I think that most of Rick's pictures are posted on his Trail Journal blog (http://www.trailjournals.com/photos.cfm?trailname=3506). :D:D

(And then again... Maybe not. I don;t see the entire trip... )

Haffy
02-02-2011, 07:53 PM
Oh I kept up with his journal throughout his whole trip, I just thought he took a lot more than what he posted on his blog. Remember I live in Gainesville Ga where he started his trip and even summited Springer Mt the day he summited Katahdin,which was pretty cool.

attroll
02-02-2011, 10:48 PM
I think that most of Rick's pictures are posted on his Trail Journal blog (http://www.trailjournals.com/photos.cfm?trailname=3506). :D:D

(And then again... Maybe not. I don;t see the entire trip... )
I stopped posting pictures to my journal early on and started posting them to my facebook page instead.

Waterski
02-02-2011, 11:26 PM
If its not an official event, where will you post the details of when it is? On here?

attroll
02-02-2011, 11:45 PM
It will be a ways off right now. I am still getting settled in and taking care of some issues since my return. If it is not an event I will still post it here.

kayakingeko
02-03-2011, 04:52 PM
If you had the equipment, I own the Bohemian Coffee House, downtown Brunswick, so we can just plain use it after hours (3pmSunday and 6:30pm other days) there are huge windows so if projecting onto screen It would be better after dark. I have about 50 seats. If you think you might be interested just let me know. I like the Frontier, but it would be pricey, or at least more than free:D. let me know

kayakingeko
02-03-2011, 04:58 PM
Just realized, sold extra chairs, we have 26 chairs but lots of room for more, and can always borrow some

attroll
02-03-2011, 05:57 PM
Kayakingeko

I will keep this in mind. That would be closer for me but it would also depend on how many people are interested in showing up.