View Full Version : So who is going from Maine?

Mainiac1957
02-11-2011, 07:24 AM
As this will be the first GeoWoodstock for many in the northeast I would like to see who is going from Maine.

This will be my fifth and I have a great time every year. This thread is for folks to check in if they have made plans to go and let us know what they are. (If you want to share that is) The New England cachers have always gotten together for a couple photo ops during the day of the event. It will get posted as to time and place.

Quilting Mom and I are heading that way on Friday June 24th and making a week long vacation of it. We plan to camp the way down and then we will be in the Hampton Inn in Warren with many of the New England cachers for three days during the event. We also plan to be in Ontario camping one night as well. There are so many people we only see once a year at this Mega. If anyone has any questions as to what to expect then please send me a note and I will try and help. :)

brdad
02-11-2011, 07:48 AM
We would go if it'd work in with any trip we might take. Hopefully we'll make it to one one of these years, maybe it will be this year!

WhereRWe?
02-11-2011, 08:38 AM
I really thought we'd get to go to this one, but this winds up being the week that RULost2? is going on a "Girl's Getaway" with her sisters. Something about a "riverboat on the Mississippi", and "gambling"...

Sigh...

Sudonim
02-11-2011, 09:32 AM
I really thought we'd get to go to this one, but this winds up being the week that RULost2? is going on a "Girl's Getaway" with her sisters. Something about a "riverboat on the Mississippi", and "gambling"...

Sigh...

So if she is leaving you alone, prime opportunity to head to Woodstock:p
Have a "Boy's Getaway".

WhereRWe?
02-11-2011, 09:40 AM
So if she is leaving you alone, prime opportunity to head to Woodstock:p
Have a "Boy's Getaway".

No, I have to stay home and feed the cat... ;);)

attroll
02-11-2011, 12:51 PM
I should have a full time job by then. I would like to go though. I am leaving my options open.

Team2hunt
02-11-2011, 06:23 PM
I'm making my plans now and will be there. Planning on a week long road trip spending time with friends along the way. See you all there....:)

dubord207
02-11-2011, 06:53 PM
Are these folks in PA tolerant of beer drinking Labs? Di has actually expressed an interest in doing this event!:)

TRF
02-11-2011, 07:13 PM
Are these folks in PA tolerant of beer drinking Labs? Di has actually expressed an interest in doing this event!:)

They seem tolerant. After all the got this silly woodchuck they show off at the beginning of February!! :)

Team2hunt
02-12-2011, 11:24 AM

I think it's the "math" labs they are trying to crack down on.....:rolleyes:

Fins_Up
02-12-2011, 11:41 AM
I think it's the "math" labs they are trying to crack down on.....:rolleyes:

That is funny!!!

Mainiac1957
02-14-2011, 05:48 PM
GeoWoodstock Express (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=3a80d9ac-de80-4a7e-b951-e39a1a256f8e) (GC2N1EM) by Oil Region Cachers and GWS 9 (http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?id=831809)
I have my tickets for this one. Looks like a lot of fun.

WhereRWe?
02-14-2011, 06:05 PM
GeoWoodstock Express (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=3a80d9ac-de80-4a7e-b951-e39a1a256f8e) (GC2N1EM) by Oil Region Cachers and GWS 9 (http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?id=831809)
I have my tickets for this one. Looks like a lot of fun.

Sheesh! Now that's a cache worthy of a GeoWoodstock event! Sure wish we were going... (And, no... I don't go on long trips like that without RULost2?. She keeps me out of trouble... :o:o)

NativeMainer
02-15-2011, 12:25 AM
At the moment, I'd like to go, but I'm not making any plans as of yet. That weekend tends to be pretty busy at work, and some people have already asked for the 4th off. Plus leaving the wife home alone with two little kids is usually not a good idea. :D

Mainiac1957
02-15-2011, 06:27 AM
Plus leaving the wife home alone with two little kids is usually not a good idea. :D

The idea would be to bring them and have a family vacation. Many, many kids go to Geowoodstock with Mom and Dad, as well as Grandma, and Grandpa. A real family event.

Kaching Karen
02-15-2011, 07:54 AM
I won't be going. :mad: My sister and I will be on the trail headed south, but I don't think we'll get that far. :)

benandtina
02-28-2011, 11:11 AM
We're not going... Our options for vacations this year were Geowoodstock, Geocoinfest, or Useless in Eustis. We chose Eustis. Ya'll better feel special.

pm28570
02-28-2011, 01:59 PM
We're not going... Our options for vacations this year were Geowoodstock, Geocoinfest, or Useless in Eustis. We chose Eustis. Ya'll better feel special.
How awesome is that!

Mainiac1957
02-28-2011, 04:11 PM

It'll be good to see you....

hollora
02-28-2011, 08:26 PM
How awesome is that!

Quite Awesome I think!:)

Mainiac1957
04-16-2011, 08:26 AM
Sooo..... It's be awhile since anyone has posted here. Anymore out there make the commitment to go this Mega yet? They have now posted the Midnight Geocoin Madness event as well as an Early Bird event on Wednesday night. This will be the closest Geowoodstock to the northeast we will likely see. Of course Maine will hopefully be hosting New England's first Mega event next year with the EarthCache Event in Portland.:D

hollora
04-16-2011, 06:00 PM
Totally bumming this won't be in the cards this year where it is so close. I know everyone who goes will have a great time. Had a blast at the one I did attend. Brad and a few of the others know the rop and if you are new and wondering - just ask them.

cano
04-16-2011, 07:05 PM
I guess I will just wait for a mega event to come to Maine :)

Sudonim
04-17-2011, 09:55 PM
I'd love to go, went to the last two and had a great time. Busy at work and closing the store for a week in May for vacation time with Kim means work all summer!

Mainiac1957
04-18-2011, 06:00 AM
One of those choices that had to be made. You will have a good time on your other trip and keep your wife happy. A win win as I see it.

Sudonim
04-19-2011, 01:49 PM
One of those choices that had to be made. You will have a good time on your other trip and keep your wife happy. A win win as I see it.

...and chalk up another country cached in. Gotta keep collecting those so I can log Cano's world traveller cache!

Mainiac1957
05-04-2011, 05:46 AM
So has anyone else made plans to go to PA and attend GW9 yet? The discounted registration closed as of May 1st, and all registration will close on June 1st. So if you plan to go it will cost an additional $5 right now, but you can still get registered. Don't miss out.

Mainiac1957
06-09-2011, 04:59 PM
Here is the plan to get the New England contingency gathered for a group photo.

As we have done in the past, it would be great to get a group photo of the New England geocachers. The schedule for the day is posted. The official meal time is 11-2:30. So I propose after the meal, say 3:30 for us to all gather. And not knowing the layout of the event, I suggest we all meet by where ever they have the "official" b...oard/map of where participants are from. I know we all will have our own agendas for the day and there is no time that will be perfect for everyone. But generally speaking I think most of us are there for the meal & then hanging around for a while afterwards. I will post this on Facebook & the GW9 website as well. Pass the word. I am sure we will have a great turn out of our group as it is so close to home this year. 23 more days! Can't wait to see everybody!!

team moxiepup
06-11-2011, 08:32 AM
We will definitely be there. :)

Kaching Karen
06-18-2011, 08:29 AM
I won't be going. :mad: My sister and I will be on the trail headed south, but I don't think we'll get that far. :)

Okay, I lied. I WILL NOT be hiking with my sister. So, now I'm thinking of going to the event. It looks like I can still register, but not get any of the perks, and get a campsite. Tat was originally going to drop Ellen and I off at the trail head on his way to Geowoodstock. Now, I'm just thinking of hitching a ride all the way to the event. Problem is, he's coming back too late in the week for me. I'd also like to take my bike (if I can ride one).

Kaching Karen
06-18-2011, 08:30 AM
Okay, I lied. I WILL NOT be hiking with my sister. So, now I'm thinking of going to the event. It looks like I can still register, but not get any of the perks, and get a campsite. Tat was originally going to drop Ellen and I off at the trail head on his way to Geowoodstock. Now, I'm just thinking of hitching a ride all the way to the event. Problem is, he's coming back too late in the week for me. I'd also like to take my bike (if I can ride one).

No, I'm not biking home. I'm looking for a drive home and hopefully with someone who can put a bike rack on the back of their car or throw a bike on top.

hollora
06-26-2011, 05:32 PM
Well, some of our folks are already on the road - on their trek to this event! We all, I am sure, which them safe travels. Already on FB I am seeing posts from Mainiac1957 about where he and quiltingmom have stopped. We wish all our GCM travelers well. Having been, myself. to 2 megas - I feel a bit bad not going this year. They are a ton of fun. But, I will take this opportunity to say ~~~

if you couldn't travel to PA this year - consider jumping on board to support making the Earthcaching Event next fall a Mega! This is a great opportunity for Earthcaching but Caching in Maine in General.

I hope our GCM folks post some updates here too - for those who don't do Facebook. Or perhaps - this is a good time to start a GCM blog???!!! Safe travels friends!