View Full Version : I went geocaching today....

Team2hunt
02-13-2011, 06:39 PM
I spent an hour or two finding a few caches along the rails to trails in Windham. The series of snowshoe caches was placed by law1646, and I enjoyed my time outdoors today. These caches were well thought out, and well placed. The containers were not all the same, and one of the finds very challenging. I thought of nothing this morning but finding the caches. I even met a few other cachers along the way, 2 from New Hampshire and the others from Maine. We had a good talk and off we went in our opposite directions.

If anyone is looking for me next weekend, I will be enjoying myself at Big G's in Winslow, hosted by WhereRwe and RULOST2 also from Maine, and a few of their close geocaching friends, from Maine and beyond. So if you are tired of the everyday grind, take some time, head to Winslow Maine next Saturday and join us for some laughs, the best deli food in Maine, and some great geocaching stories.

I feel better already........:rolleyes:

shuman road searchers
02-13-2011, 07:02 PM
I also spent the day snowshoe caching with a great new caching team from Palermo and I can not wait for my Big G's sandwich. Nice to see cachers that you have not seen for a couple of weeks.

cachecrashers4
02-13-2011, 07:48 PM
We went snowshoe caching at the Purington Preserve in Bowdoin today. We took turns breaking the trail so we're all exhausted, but we had a blast.

Gob-ler
02-13-2011, 08:00 PM
I got out yesterday while visiting in Maryland and managed to find 54. It was a nice day but the wind made it chilly. We struggled a bit with the 5 inches of old snow. Oh for the good old days of caching and snowshoes!

geoaware
02-13-2011, 08:14 PM
I obviously need to get in to the winter geocaching mode.....I did go caching two weeks ago (but it as 100F and in Australia) :)

I once went looking for caches in VT this time of year - with no success at all

surfacewarrior
02-13-2011, 08:57 PM
I obviously need to get in to the winter geocaching mode.....I did go caching two weeks ago (but it as 100F and in Australia) :)

I once went looking for caches in VT this time of year - with no success at all
ths does NOT count as WINTER caching ! :D I bet it was fun though EH.

brdad
02-13-2011, 09:05 PM
We went to the breakfast event this morning, that's the only smiley for us, but it was a good time. We should make the WWWWWWWedding as well!

Team2hunt
02-18-2011, 05:11 PM
This is where I went caching last weekend and plan to finish the series next weekend.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=b25b7b11-c05d-4f4b-a7e0-20e52c8505b2

This was one of the well placed and as some would put it, " evil " hides. After making the find, ( about 20 minutes of hard looking ) I have noticed that others after me have not been so lucky.

So here is my question..... after making a hard find, that has more DNF's than finds. Do you relish in the fact that you found it and others have not? I am watching the cache to see who will be the next cacher to find it. Can you now guess my answer? ;)

Gob-ler
02-18-2011, 08:30 PM
Sick, really really sick! That is finding a tough one and then smiling all the while others are posting their DNF's. I think you need help!

Fins_Up
02-18-2011, 10:24 PM
I also take joy in finding a tough cache and watching others DNF it. Maybe it is wrong but I can't deny that I find it fun.

Team2hunt
02-19-2011, 08:27 AM
Sick, really really sick! That is finding a tough one and then smiling all the while others are posting their DNF's. I think you need help!

I smiled while at Brenton Point.........and that was far worse. AND.....you were there with us. Let's see how did that story go? :rolleyes:

The cache is still active and was found just this past week, after 10 years and over 800 finds.