View Full Version : GPS might go buggy?

masterson of the universe
02-17-2011, 01:13 PM
Anyone's GPS acting weird?

http://m.wired.com/wiredscience/2011/02/big-solar-flare/

benandtina
02-18-2011, 02:10 PM
Earlier this week I noticed my Nuvi kept showing me on streets parallel to the one I was actually on... I assumed it meant my GPS was going nuts, but it only lasted a day and has been fine since. It was not yesterday, though, like the article said it would be. It was like Monday or Tuesday, so probably not related!

I also noticed the radio stations in my car changing themselves some morning this week. Maybe Tuesday? I don't know. They all blur together. I'm not sure if it was the same day as my GPS troubles, LOL.

Maybe something is haunting my car? Ekidokai? Help?

Gob-ler
02-18-2011, 08:31 PM
Out caching today and everything was 35 to 40 feet off. Of course now maybe it was me that was off and the gps was on? Who knows?

kayakingeko
02-20-2011, 12:58 PM
there was a HUGE solar event, classified as a "class X solar flare" on the 15th. Played lots of havoc with the satellites.

surfacewarrior
02-20-2011, 04:34 PM
driving in boston today I took the short cut through the middle of the harbor acording to my GPS. I did not like comeing up I-93 any way. It lasted about 30 minutes then corrected to the proper location, but that aprox mile to the east was goofy.

kayakingeko
02-20-2011, 05:39 PM
I always clear my tracks when I start a caching trek(nice to know how many miles you've hiked that day) I have noticed sometimes if I look at my tracking map it looks like a star-burst, sometimes over water too) where I know I had been going down the path in a straight line.
Of course there are times I jump all over the area just looking for a cache too:p