View Full Version : hooked on caching!

goodlife4ME
03-04-2011, 06:11 PM
Hi all, my son and I started caching last fall and quickly became hooked!
It's the best fun ever! (You already know that)
We've found 128 caches and have even placed 10.
At this point I would very much like to meet other cachers, and join a group closer to home, if there is one. I've been to a couple events, but I was wondering if there is a group that meets more in the Windham-to-Bridgton area.
I'm a teacher and would like to get more people into caching in this area.
My town (Sebago) even has a set of 7 GPSrs that I can borrow to teach newbies. I'd love to start a club around here, if there isn't one.
My son likes caching, but isn't always available to go when I'd like to. Since I want to cache, like, every day, I need some more caching buddies!
Dawn
(goodlife4ME)

brdad
03-04-2011, 06:24 PM
Welcome to the site and the addiction. Hope to see you at an event someday.

WhereRWe?
03-04-2011, 06:40 PM
At this point I would very much like to meet other cachers, and join a group closer to home, if there is one. I've been to a couple events, but I was wondering if there is a group that meets more in the Windham-to-Bridgton area.

Geocaching events are hosted by individuals, not by any specific organization. Keep an eye on the front page of GeocachingMaine.org, as ALL events in Maine, most mega-events in the US, and many events in other New England states are listed there. :D:D

(And welcome to GeocachingMaine.org!)

dufzor
03-04-2011, 08:11 PM
Welcome! Its a great way to spend time, isn't it?

kayakingeko
03-04-2011, 10:39 PM
GC2PFCY (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=5486f182-ab61-49e7-9a59-f16a45bfcb1a#)
We're having an event at my shop, not this weekend, but the next.
(Bohemian Coffee House, Brunswick) it's a ways from you but I know lots of people who travel that distance for work(my brother lives there and works here in Brunswick)
if we don't see you at the event maybe on the trail!;)

goodlife4ME
03-05-2011, 09:28 AM
I do go to events when I can. Kayakingeko, I'll try to make it to your's, but yeah, a bit far.
I'm completely addicted, TBs, coins, everything! I'm on caching withdrawal right now, though, since I'm not a fan of freezing to death (and school keeps me extremely busy).
Perhaps I should host an event near me in the spring.
Do people get together to go out caching (as opposed to an event)?
That's kind of what I meant by a 'club' or people 'meeting'.
I think I wouldn't mind caching alone in urban areas, but not on trails.
Can't wait to do a day of micros in Portland on a nice day!
Dawn

WhereRWe?
03-05-2011, 09:39 AM
Do people get together to go out caching (as opposed to an event)?

Yes - very often. :D:D

NativeMainer
03-05-2011, 10:30 AM
There are a fair number of events that happen from time to time in the Portland area (probably less of a haul for you than it would be to Waldoboro). Like it was stated before, check the events on GC.com.

If and when you come to Portland, just give me a holler. I might be able to rearrange my schedule a bit to do some caching with you.