View Full Version : We need a newsletter writer!

brdad
03-16-2011, 03:49 PM
The site could really use someone to start up the newsletters once again. It was a great resource, especially for those who do not frequent the site but want to stay informed. This is great opportunity for someone to contribute to the site.

For reference, previous newsletters can be found in the Geocaching Maine Newsletter (http://www.geocachingmaine.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=78) forum. You would be free to use that format or do something new.

This site is what you make it. So who is willing to step up and accept this task?

JustPJ66
03-16-2011, 04:20 PM
asked ya some questions in chat...you were not around apparently...ill try again later or you can pm me the answers when you see them

brdad
03-16-2011, 04:46 PM
PM sent, questions answered, looks like we may have a new newsletter writer!

WhereRWe?
03-16-2011, 04:50 PM
PM sent, questions answered, looks like we may have a new newsletter writer!

No! Really? Who?? ;);)

JustPJ66
03-16-2011, 04:54 PM
No! Really? Who?? ;);)

you! did we forget to tell you?:D:eek:;)

JustPJ66
03-16-2011, 04:55 PM
Kevin and I will give it a try .....

WhereRWe?
03-16-2011, 05:13 PM
Kevin and I will give it a try .....

Sheesh! Kewl. I think you'll do well! :D

JustPJ66
03-16-2011, 05:17 PM
I have some ideas of reoccurring topics for the newsletter after reviewing some of the old newsletters but since this should be for everyone on the site, I would welcome any ideas you might have. Feel free to pm me with any thoughts or suggestions . Also since neither Kevin or I are "caching experts" I would also welcome folks letting me know if they are "experts" or wicked good at some aspect of caching so that I might call upon them with a techinical question. Brdad dosent know it but he has offered to be my GSAK expert in residence! hehe

JustPJ66
03-16-2011, 05:18 PM
Sheesh! Kewl. I think you'll do well! :D

Thanks!:D :D

dubord207
03-16-2011, 07:22 PM
Thanks to Kev and Pam! Yay, we'll all pitch in to help with good ideas for future newsletter. How about this for a starter: Maine Lawyer with Beer Drinking Lab who likes guns and caching? Now there's an exciting topic!:D

JustPJ66
03-16-2011, 07:31 PM
Thanks to Kev and Pam! Yay, we'll all pitch in to help with good ideas for future newsletter. How about this for a starter: Maine Lawyer with Beer Drinking Lab who likes guns and caching? Now there's an exciting topic!:D

Sorry...we are trying to run a "family" newsletter here...hehe

JustPJ66
03-16-2011, 07:32 PM
we dont wanna scare the kids with all that lawer talk

JustPJ66
03-16-2011, 07:33 PM
we dont wanna scare the kids with all that lawer talk

lawer? LOL

Haffy
03-16-2011, 07:51 PM
lawer? LOL

Yeah looks like you'll need spell check as well when taking over that job....LOL

JustPJ66
03-16-2011, 08:27 PM
Yeah looks like you'll need spell check as well when taking over that job....LOL

I couldnt survive without my spell checker or my built in dictionary...Kevin....he is "one of those" you know good spellers.

brdad
03-16-2011, 08:32 PM
Brdad dosent know it but he has offered to be my GSAK expert in residence! hehe

It's great this world is filled with people who remind me all the things I promised to do but forgot!

Thanks to both you and Kevin for stepping up!

dufzor
03-17-2011, 02:16 AM
lawer? LOL
Looks like that lawyer's lab and you might have been sharing a few beers!!!!:D:D:D

Thanks to you and Kevin for taking this on! :)

tat
03-17-2011, 06:47 AM
Awesome!! Can't wait to see this tradition to come back again.

Kaching Karen
03-17-2011, 07:08 AM
Thanks Kev and Pam. I loved the newsletter. Maybe I can wake up my brain at some point and write a little something for it.

Haffy
03-17-2011, 05:34 PM
Cant wait for the newsletter once again ,I have missed it. Thanks for taking on the challenge.

JustPJ66
03-18-2011, 06:25 AM
we have a prototype of the newsletter almost done and hope we can get it approved and out for April delivery.......

Thanks for all the encouragement...

dubord207
03-18-2011, 07:01 AM
Just a thought as to a part of the newsletter that might be interesting....How about a section on what members are doing or achieving in their private lives other then geocaching. This could be anything a member would like to share, not the FB "Just got up, I'm having coffee and a donut" but more like personal achievements, awards, announcements of nuptials or births, community awards.. Send the info by PM to Pam and Kev and if they think it's newsworthy, it will be noted.

brdad
03-18-2011, 07:09 AM
That is a good idea Dan, I know she would like to include some information from members when possible. I imagine it'll take a few months to see just what becomes of it.

JustPJ66
03-18-2011, 07:23 AM
Just a thought as to a part of the newsletter that might be interesting....How about a section on what members are doing or achieving in their private lives other then geocaching. This could be anything a member would like to share, not the FB "Just got up, I'm having coffee and a donut" but more like personal achievements, awards, announcements of nuptials or births, community awards.. Send the info by PM to Pam and Kev and if they think it's newsworthy, it will be noted.

Already included a section for member achievements....which can be in or outside of geocaching!

Mapachi
03-18-2011, 10:35 AM
How about an article about the new reality TV show I'm producing. It's called "Real Caching Housewives Of Maine".

JustPJ66
03-18-2011, 10:38 AM
How about an article about the new reality TV show I'm producing. It's called "Real Caching Housewives Of Maine".

An article about it??? heck i was hoping to be ON the show!!!

shuman road searchers
03-18-2011, 05:43 PM

That explains the invitation I received in the mail today.

WhereRWe?
03-18-2011, 06:28 PM

Another suggestion would be "Maine's Funniest Caching Videos". I know that some of them exist. LOL! (Hiram on the slip-and-slide???)

JustPJ66
04-05-2011, 07:27 AM
Just an update on the newsletter folks. The first edition is finished and has been submitted to the board for aproval for a couple of weeks. As soon as all the board members have approved the final edition we will get it right out to all of you. Be sure to read it as soon as you get it because there are many member input items in the newsletter for you to participate in. Including but not limited to a contest!!! I am going to be depending on all of you and your great caching days to help fill up future newsletters so be sure and add your 2 cents. :)

dubord207
04-05-2011, 03:18 PM
I have already given my formal approval and it's extremely well done. I think the issue is less about approval and more about the technical part of posting it. Should be available for all to see soon! Thanks for doing this Pam and Kev!

Ekidokai
04-06-2011, 02:23 AM
Zombies are always fun. After the super moon there are plenty to choose from.

JustPJ66
04-06-2011, 07:26 AM
Hey everyone....the newsletter has been approved and will be out very soon! Dont miss your chance to get sent yours. On the front page of this website is a notice that will make sure you are going to get your copy! Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter and reccomend it to friends. Woo Hoo!