View Full Version : Reasons to Disallow an FTF

JustKev
03-17-2011, 07:54 AM
So, I'm sitting here this morning looking at the cache listings and see one listed nearly 57 miles away. I'm thinking, boy, if I didn't have to work now would be the time to head out. Then I see it's logged.

Here's a cut and paste of the log, exactly as posted by EMSDaniel:

"Had my coffee, watched the news, then turned on the computer. Well look at that.... a new cache 3 miles away! Ooops, I'll have to scrape the windshield first. It's a beautiful, sunshiney morning and a nice way to start the day. VERY nice container! Thanks."

So, he's had his coffee *AND* watched the news before checking the cache listings! I think that's sufficient reason to disallow this as an FTF. :eek:

Comments?

masterson of the universe
03-17-2011, 08:03 AM
At this point, a FTF run around here and anyone should be grateful that certain cachers are working on challenges and arent going for the FTF's.

tat
03-17-2011, 10:17 AM
I only go for FTF on caches that have been out for 2 years or more1 That's a lot of coffee!! :)

dubord207
03-17-2011, 02:50 PM
The EMT Manual of Professional Standards requires EMT's to have .2357 Mgs of caffein in their blood for attempting to drive anything. Dan was being his usual compliant self!:)

Kaching Karen
03-17-2011, 04:14 PM
I only go for FTF on caches that have been out for 2 years or more1 That's a lot of coffee!! :)

Oh, and there are times I have wanted to sabotage that run! :rolleyes:
Muhahahaha!:D

Gob-ler
03-17-2011, 07:07 PM
I would not even consider disallowing EMSdaniel's FTF. Just not worth it!

I beat him to a FTF once and then there was you know what to pay!

Take my word for it, just let him have it and chalk it up to experience!

Mapachi
03-18-2011, 10:19 AM
It got to a point, around here, when hardly anyone within a fifty mile radius of Lewiston, even bothered to go for a first to find! (Except for a few with fast cars.)
But that was well over a year or so ago.

Ekidokai
03-18-2011, 05:17 PM
So, I'm sitting here this morning looking at the cache listings and see one listed nearly 57 miles away. I'm thinking, boy, if I didn't have to work now would be the time to head out. Then I see it's logged.

Here's a cut and paste of the log, exactly as posted by EMSDaniel:

"Had my coffee, watched the news, then turned on the computer. Well look at that.... a new cache 3 miles away! Ooops, I'll have to scrape the windshield first. It's a beautiful, sunshiney morning and a nice way to start the day. VERY nice container! Thanks."

So, he's had his coffee *AND* watched the news before checking the cache listings! I think that's sufficient reason to disallow this as an FTF. :eek:

Comments?

What are you talking about?

Knowing the big D I would say anything that he says is gospel.

shuman road searchers
03-18-2011, 05:41 PM
It got to a point, around here, when hardly anyone within a fifty mile radius of Lewiston, even bothered to go for a first to find! (Except for a few with fast cars.)
But that was well over a year or so ago.

So what are you saying Pat?!:D:rolleyes::p

Mapachi
03-18-2011, 08:30 PM
:D
So what are you saying Pat?!:D:rolleyes::p

I'm saying there used to be a cacher who "Gobbled" up all the FTFs.:D:D:D:eek:

Gob-ler
03-19-2011, 12:12 AM
I don't know what was worse, the cacher who gobbled up all those FTF's or caches sitting sometimes for days unfound since he left.

There are those in PA who wish he would go back to where he came from!

shuman road searchers
03-19-2011, 06:36 AM
I don't know what was worse, the cacher who gobbled up all those FTF's or caches sitting sometimes for days unfound since he left.

There are those in PA who wish he would go back to where he came from!

It is easier to have a few FTF's since this guy moved. I for one enjoyed grabbing a few away from him and would enjoy doing that again!:)

pm28570
03-19-2011, 07:45 AM
It is easier to have a few FTF's since this guy moved. I for one enjoyed grabbing a few away from him and would enjoy doing that again!:)
This guy got outta' Dodge before I could meet him....a Millinocket boy, by the way.....and pick up some lessons from him.

JustKev
03-19-2011, 08:32 AM
Got up this morning and actually had a cup of coffee poured and was drinking it when the e-mail for a new cache came in. Left half a cup of coffee on the desk, put a hat on over my uncombed hair and, well had to put my teeth in before we went out to keep from scaring the local muggles, headed out to grab an FTF. Didn't really even need the GPS's but loaded them with the cache just before walking out the door. Grabbed the FTF and even widened the loop to return home far enough to grab a GRC that we'd been meaning to grab. Might even reload some caches and go back out again today just because.

shuman road searchers
03-19-2011, 07:56 PM
Got up this morning and actually had a cup of coffee poured and was drinking it when the e-mail for a new cache came in. Left half a cup of coffee on the desk, put a hat on over my uncombed hair and, well had to put my teeth in before we went out to keep from scaring the local muggles, headed out to grab an FTF. Didn't really even need the GPS's but loaded them with the cache just before walking out the door. Grabbed the FTF and even widened the loop to return home far enough to grab a GRC that we'd been meaning to grab. Might even reload some caches and go back out again today just because.

Now this is a good reason to not allow an FTF. You are supposed to take the coffee with you so that you can spill some on yourself while driving at FTF speed!:D;):cool:

JustKev
03-19-2011, 08:51 PM
Now this is a good reason to not allow an FTF. You are supposed to take the coffee with you so that you can spill some on yourself while driving at FTF speed!:D;):cool:

Couldn't do that, we had Nutmeg with us. Have to be good when you're setting an example for the kids. :D