View Full Version : Other hobbies??

cachecrashers4
03-27-2011, 09:06 PM
I'm getting into gardening, composting, and vermicomposting this year. Just wondering what other hobbies my fellow cachers are in to.

Fins_Up
03-27-2011, 10:09 PM
We are into hobby grade R/C trucks. We like to run them over at Granite Leisure Time in Oakland or just out on some sand, dirt or snow piles. We have waterproof vehicles so we can run them year around. They go about 35 MPH. We actually did both our hobbies today. We went over to Madison to run our trucks with my brother-in-law and picked up some caches on the way home.

dufzor
03-27-2011, 10:26 PM
I'm getting into gardening, composting, and vermicomposting this year. Just wondering what other hobbies my fellow cachers are in to.
Nice topic! For hobbies, I do photography, kayaking/canoeing, and travel, Oh, and scrapbooking, but I have been really distracted from it by caching because I can do the other hobbies at the same time that I cache!

Mainiac1957
03-28-2011, 05:46 AM
You mean there are other things to do beside caching? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I kayak, camp, hike, but somehow these all go back to caching. I enjoy it, what can I say....:cool:

JustPJ66
03-28-2011, 05:51 AM
Kevin and I are into fishing , hunting, camping , newly into kayaking, family and our animals. And when we are not doing all those things or caching, Kevins hobby is computer junk and photography, and I like cooking and eating! we dabble in weed growing in the summer with occational veggie growth too!

firefighterjake
03-28-2011, 07:48 AM
Camping, ATVing, travel, snowmobiling, photography . . . not sure if you could say processing my firewood is a hobby or not . . . I do spend a fair portion of my free time working on my wood . . . and perhaps home renovation is up there . . . although I don't know if I would be so motivated to do it if it wasn't for my wife and her knowledge.

WhereRWe?
03-28-2011, 07:53 AM
I'm getting into gardening, composting, and vermicomposting this year.

We've always had a big garden, and I've tried vermicomposting several times but have had bad luck. My worms never seem to thrive. But I just saw something new (http://www.gardensalive.com/product.asp?pn=4339) that I think I'm going to try this year. :D:D

pm28570
03-28-2011, 08:20 AM
Camping, hiking, kayaking.....caching dovetails nicely. In the winter, I wait for spring/summer.

kayakingeko
03-28-2011, 09:11 AM
Kayaking...working....no that's not a hobby......does BBQ count? Working...oh yeah...not a hobby....so kayaking and BBQ...but not together... don't want to melt my boat!;)

UMainah
03-28-2011, 09:26 AM
It's not exactly a hobby I guess since I get paid to do it, but enjoy doing a few fireworks displays each year (licensed pyro), some other things are the typical hiking, fishing, skiing, cooking, photography, golfing, and more.

attroll
03-28-2011, 12:56 PM
I could pick many things that I enjoy doing.
By hobby, I am assuming you mean something that takes the top seat that you really enjoying doing when not working or geocaching. I have many things I enjoy doing but to pick the next top seat after caching, hmmm.

I think it would have to be hiking/backpacking. I would am very interested right now into photography so that is next on my list.

Mapachi
03-28-2011, 01:04 PM
Photography, Oil Painting, Sculpture, woodcarving, watercolor painting, Ceramics, Cache container manufacturing, cooking, video games, reading, watch tons of movies, (old and new), I listen to lots of music (From country to rock to opera!) And last but not least, INTERIOR DECORATING (You gotta' see "MY" room)
Now I wonder how I found time to geocache!
I never, ever get bored. Not ever! If I start to, I just start talking to myself! I'm one of the most interesting people I have ever met!

shuman road searchers
03-28-2011, 07:23 PM
I have to admit that I am a GOLF NUT!! Besides geocaching it would be my first choice. This time of year tends to be making maple syrup but I have been known to golf or cache in the morning and boil to all hours of the night just to feed the addictions!

kayaking loon
03-30-2011, 11:30 AM
Caching, caching, caching... oh yeah, and kayaking, swimming, bird watching, hiking, cooking.

EMSDanel
03-30-2011, 02:17 PM
I LOVE to fish, I collect geocoins (waaaaayyyy too many), and I also have a pretty good collection of antique toy ambulances.

hollora
03-30-2011, 05:59 PM
BG - Before Geocaching - my family bred, raised and showed dogs (Boxers and Shiba Inus). Then the kids grew up and I became a couch potato with the older dogs. Enter Geocaching..........off the couch, some fun and a totally new set of "groupie friends"........Growing up I collected US coins with my family - a house break and all was gone - so now I have Geocoins ;-) I love to cook, camp, be on the water (ah, I love to sail but no one else in my family does), love to spend time with my granddaughter, love the beach - am passionate about my family...........and grew up fishing and hunting. Oh - and I have been known to quilt, do handcrafts and many other things. Keep me busy or I get bored........LOL

Haffy
03-31-2011, 10:27 AM
I have to admit that I am a GOLF NUT!!

Wished we could have met while I was in Maine. One reason I love it here is you can just about golf all year long. That's if you don't have to work all the time as I have been since making my move to Georgia....LOL

RubiconJW
05-04-2011, 12:23 PM
Amateur Radio is a biggie.. I am an instructor and volunteer examiner. I also play acoustic guitar for fun & profit
..JW