View Full Version : Is it me or... ?

NativeMainer
04-28-2011, 08:22 AM
I've logged onto GC.com this morning and the site is acting rather slow. Any other site that I go to is responding normally, so I don't think it's me.

:confused:

The S-O
04-28-2011, 08:48 AM
It's acting crazy slow for me this morning too... :( Definitely not fun!

RJB43NH
04-28-2011, 10:50 AM
It has been slow up till now. I suspect it has something to do with the maintenance shutdown coming later today.

The S-O
04-28-2011, 11:15 AM
I agree, it is much faster now, I was able to post my finds from last night without getting frustrated!!

Isn't the maintenance next wednesday? not today?!?!

I did notice that when I did a search for my town and that pushed "map view" it automatically went to the "beta maps" with a link to "old map view" instead of the other way around. This may have been why it was slow this morning!

MARTES
04-28-2011, 12:48 PM
I had that happen yesterday! I couldn't even get a pocket query. I gave up and retried it a few hours later and all was well.

firefighterjake
04-28-2011, 03:36 PM
Maps were weird . . . both maps in the normal and beta map program would show me all caches . . . no Smileys . . . even when I tried to fix the settings . . . fixed itself later on.

tat
04-28-2011, 08:19 PM
It's not your imagination, the site is experiencing a lot of load lately. But, there are changes on the way: "Geocaching.com will be going offline for 4-6 hours for a site update on Wednesday, May 04, 2011 at approximately 9am PDT (GMT -7). We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause."

This is going to be a rather long outage, so load up and caching next Wednesday! :)