View Full Version : Membership Validation

geoskeffs
04-28-2011, 10:07 AM
I just received Dubord's message regarding membership validation, so here's my post. :D I know how much of a chore it can be to moderate and administrate a forum site, so I certainly understand the need. Thanks for doing this.

I just joined this month. I want to also say how much I appreciate this community of cachers. The responses and advice we received for our Easter cache was very helpful and affirmative. I am glad we finally joined this site. As a member, I feel validated. :cool: (how's that for a tie-back? Corny, I know.)

JustKev
04-28-2011, 11:39 AM
Validate, validate, validate. :)

shuman road searchers
04-28-2011, 06:36 PM
responding,responding!!!

JustPJ66
04-28-2011, 06:42 PM
heh...iam always here hehe

dubord207
04-29-2011, 07:00 AM
Here's the reason for this. Any bulk emails sent out now result in a lot of "bounce backs" due to inactive email addresses or folks that moved on or have changed their email addresses. Several hundred bouncebacks, or worse, make a lot of work for the site administrators thus the reasoning for asking folks to "subcribe" to things like the newsletter. Once this is cleaned up, there will be no need to ask folks to subscribe to receive anything that is published on this site, a result the board enthusiastically endorses. I volunteered to be the recipient of the bounce backs as it's something I pushed for and seems to be within my limited computer skills. No need to do anything or send me a note if all is well with your account.

JustKev
04-29-2011, 07:14 AM
Here's the reason for this. Any bulk emails sent out now result in a lot of "bounce backs" due to inactive email addresses or folks that moved on or have changed their email addresses. Several hundred bouncebacks, or worse, make a lot of work for the site administrators thus the reasoning for asking folks to "subcribe" to things like the newsletter. Once this is cleaned up, there will be no need to ask folks to subscribe to receive anything that is published on this site, a result the board enthusiastically endorses. I volunteered to be the recipient of the bounce backs as it's something I pushed for and seems to be within my limited computer skills. No need to do anything or send me a note if all is well with your account.

Do you really think I could resist replying? I mean *REALLY*!!!

EvilHomer
04-29-2011, 10:01 PM
I thought that was a spam virus email......:)

Mapachi
05-01-2011, 07:03 PM
ditto domini ditto

MARTES
05-02-2011, 09:41 PM
validate me!

acamden1
05-03-2011, 08:16 PM
Please validate my membership
Thanks

graceswh
05-03-2011, 08:26 PM
Validate!
If anyone is interested in teaching a Geocaching workshop/classes in Hancock County through our Adult Ed program, please contact me.