View Full Version : Misssing smilies

Kaching Karen
05-01-2011, 07:48 AM
I use the geocaching.com google maps a lot when I am looking at caching an area. The smilies are missing! Does anyone else have this problem? Can I fix it? Refreshing the map does not work.:):):):)

Kaching Karen
05-01-2011, 07:51 AM
I found their note that Personalization is not available and to use Beta. Sorry.... can't figure out how to delete my earlier post.

ampmdp
05-01-2011, 08:16 AM
Did the beta maps work for you? I tried using them, but I still don't get any differentiation between found and unfound caches.

HappyTogether
05-01-2011, 10:36 AM
Found and unfound worked for me on the beta maps. If you zoom out too far, the found stop showing as a different symbol.

JustKev
05-01-2011, 11:07 AM
Did the beta maps work for you? I tried using them, but I still don't get any differentiation between found and unfound caches.

On the left side of the page, click the box by personalization. It will show your hides and your found caches. It's available for Premium Members.

firefighterjake
05-01-2011, 06:19 PM
I've had problems with the original map . . . went to the beta with a bit more success . . . but as mentioned zooming out too much or even moving around too much seems to not show the Smileys . . . needs work.

shuman road searchers
05-01-2011, 07:28 PM
I am not a big fan of the new maps. I miss the old maps!

Fins_Up
05-02-2011, 12:47 PM
I like the ability to show as many caches as you want on the new maps. The old limit was a pain sometimes when I wanted to browse around.

Haffy
05-03-2011, 01:31 PM
I also think that why they are upgrading too is because of Garmin's new Opencaching website. They are creating more things to keep the current constituency from leaving and going to the other site. Just my opinion.

ampmdp
05-03-2011, 09:45 PM
On the left side of the page, click the box by personalization. It will show your hides and your found caches. It's available for Premium Members.

Thanks for the info, JustKev! Worked like a charm!