View Full Version : FaceBook Game - Gardens of Time

WhereRWe?
07-26-2011, 02:55 PM
RULost2? and I have become addicted to the "Gardens of Time" game on FaceBook. But we have a problem in that we cannot continue much further without some "neighbors".

Are any of our GCM.org friends playing this game? Would you be willing to "friend" us on FaceBook and become our neighbors in the game? We would greatly appreciate any help...

Thanks!

JustPJ66
07-26-2011, 03:13 PM
sorry I dont do that one....heck iam giving up farmville ....now bingo bliltz....thats different lol

cano
07-26-2011, 04:52 PM
just write "ADD MEEEEE" on the game wall and somebody playing the game will add you :)

brdad
07-26-2011, 05:56 PM
You're on Facebook, Bruce???????? But you're like..... well..... I can see why you might like a game called Gardens of Time!

Sorry, I don't do any FB games or participate in any apps....

But I could be your friend.

WhereRWe?
07-26-2011, 06:37 PM
You're on Facebook, Bruce???????? But you're like..... well..... I can see why you might like a game called Gardens of Time!

Sorry, I don't do any FB games or participate in any apps....

But I could be your friend.

Sheesh! Try "Gardens of Time". I think it's the type of game you'd like. LOL!

WhereRWe?
07-26-2011, 06:53 PM

Actually, I've been working with computers longer than probably anyone else here. Started with an NCR-500 in 1970 (picture of me at an IBM card sorter in the photo archives somewhere...). And it goes on from there: IBM 360/40 in 72-3, cassette based word processing equipment in the mid to late 70's. In 1982 I designed the computer system for our office in Turkey: CPM based 8-bit computer, 10-inch floppy drive, Wordstar word processing program. LOL! In 1986 I was introduced to the fledgling internet. Sheesh! Daily password changes! I know computers, but being a curmudgeon, I've not been an avid user of social networking - until I found this game. LOL!

Haffy
07-26-2011, 07:24 PM
Hey isn't it past your bedtime? LOL

cano
07-26-2011, 08:05 PM
what is it about?

dufzor
07-26-2011, 09:37 PM
what is it about?

That's what I was wondering, Cano. I am hooked on bejeweled and trying not to start any others, but...

WhereRWe?
07-27-2011, 07:28 AM
That's what I was wondering, Cano. I am hooked on bejeweled and trying not to start any others, but...

There are several facets to the game: building your garden is the object, but to get there, you have to look at "scenes", and either find a list of objects in each screen (chair, lamp, cup, etc., which are very well hidden), or you have two scenes and you have to find the things that are different (objects in one scene are missing from the other). You get points based on finding all the objects, and bonuses for speed and finding the really well hidden objects - just like geocaching! LOL!

WhereRWe?
07-27-2011, 01:30 PM
Sheesh! I have to admit that my request had gotten me a lot of new FaceBook friends, but only one of them is playing Gardens of Time.

Anyone else our there playing the game?

brdad
07-27-2011, 01:42 PM
I told you I don't do the games or apps. And don't even start with the micro hider's line "don't knock it if you haven't done it"! ;););)

But by your description, it sounds like Lee's type of game...

Ekidokai
07-28-2011, 08:41 PM
Ah yes, farmville is a colossus waste of time. hated it when I was getting dozens of gift requests a day, hated it when I was playing it. Finally gave it up.

This sounds fun.

WhereRWe?
07-28-2011, 09:57 PM
I've got 3 new "neighbors" in response to my request - Hollora (who is an experienced player), and Starzz and "Corey" (sorry - don't know geocaching name...) as beginners. Glad to welcome you as a neighbor too, Mike, if you respond to my friend request! Sheesh!

(LOL!)

Always looking for MORE neighbors, too.

The S-O
07-29-2011, 07:50 AM
I play and am definitely addicted! I sent you a PM go ahead and friend me and i'll accept and add you as a neighbor!

Waterski
07-29-2011, 10:27 PM
I checked it out but already waste way too much time on internet sites and don't dare start...... I wouldn't mind being your neighbor and thanks for suggesting it. Play on!!!

Ekidokai
07-30-2011, 08:32 PM
I've got 3 new "neighbors" in response to my request - Hollora (who is an experienced player), and Starzz and "Corey" (sorry - don't know geocaching name...) as beginners. Glad to welcome you as a neighbor too, Mike, if you respond to my friend request! Sheesh!

(LOL!)

Always looking for MORE neighbors, too.

OK, ok, I will look it up already. Stop pestering me.

WhereRWe?
07-31-2011, 05:01 PM
Bump.... Still looking for more neighbors. Keeping this thread alive so infrequent visitors will see it.

masterson of the universe
08-01-2011, 04:14 AM
Corey Masterson = Masterson of the Universe

Seems like a catchy game but I have no idea what I'm doing actually building out my own little garden of items. I'm sure I'm wasting my money as I haven't taken time too see what the ultimate build out goal is. I added the Mrs. as well so I hope that helps.

WhereRWe?
08-01-2011, 04:23 PM
Corey Masterson = Masterson of the Universe

Seems like a catchy game but I have no idea what I'm doing actually building out my own little garden of items. I'm sure I'm wasting my money as I haven't taken time too see what the ultimate build out goal is. I added the Mrs. as well so I hope that helps.

Hopefully some of the more experienced players will jump in, but my understanding is that you build your garden to gain "reputation" which will allow you to open new "scenes". Soon you'll find that your garden is getting pretty crowded, which is why I started this thread. You need "neighbors" to increase the area of your garden.

Ekidokai
08-02-2011, 06:54 PM
Can't play the game in my condition. Took everything I had just to find WhereRWe?

WhereRWe?
08-05-2011, 05:11 PM
Bump...

Sheesh! Everyone knows I hate "geocaching dogs", but if your dog is on Facebook and plays "Gardens of Time", ask him/her to friend me so I can get more neighbors. Or perhaps your cat plays. I NEED MORE NEIGHBORS!

TYVM...

Waterski
08-05-2011, 06:02 PM
Sorry, my dog is sitting here with me right now. I asked her if she would like to play Gardens of Time with you, but she told me she only plays GARDENS OF BONES and can't be your neighbor. :-) Hope someone helps you out soon. :-)
I edited the hounding thing as it sounded kind of rude when I just reread my post, but was not meant that way!!

WhereRWe?
08-14-2011, 01:24 PM
Bump...

Anyone who is playing Gardens of Time and is not already a neighbor of mine, please let me know. I've picked up quite a few neighbors - THANKS! - but would love to have some more. (And that goes for Farmville as well - the more the merrier!)