View Full Version : EGSG break the 800 mark!

brdad
07-22-2005, 09:10 PM
I know I have failed to mention the past few milestones, but would like to make note now that EGSG has broken the 800 cache mark. That's quite an accomplishment for a Mainah. I don't care if some of the finds are from away, that's a lot of caches!

Sudonim
07-22-2005, 09:23 PM
800?? That's more than brdad :eek:
Hundreds of good stories to go with them too, I bet.

Haffy
07-22-2005, 09:30 PM
Wow,it's been a long time since our first encounter at Boxboard Mill cache in Fairfield,remember that one? Hope you get many more and get to see you before you move to the Lonestar State.

Team Nirvana
07-22-2005, 09:54 PM
If you took all the micro caches out - then how many would they have?

LOL!

Congrats!

becket
07-22-2005, 10:38 PM
wow, i can't imagine finding 800 caches. i have a long way to go! congratulations and i hope your next 800 are enjoyable!

noreasta
07-23-2005, 12:21 AM
Wow, think about it , many or most in Maine , thats a feat....... I hope some day i can get the chance to get that many... or at least have more time to get most of them. LOL>... good job

Noreasta

Cache Maine
07-23-2005, 07:08 AM
Congratulations you two! That's an awesome milestone! Look forward to seeing you guys again before you head off to Texas. Keep caching!

WhereRWe?
07-23-2005, 08:13 AM
Congrats on another milestone.

Keep in mind that caching is fairly easy in the northeast. You don't have to worry about rattlesnakes, armadillos and longhorns (except for longhorned mosquitoes and black flies!).

But hey! Maybe Texas WILL be an improvement at that! LOL!

Keep on caching...

Trezurs*-R-*Fun
07-23-2005, 08:14 AM
WOW! You folks have spend more time logging your finds than I have caching. ;) A very impressive feat and a testiment to your dedication to geocaching. Many happy more!!!

Beach Comber
07-23-2005, 09:26 AM
Wow!! Congrats! Will be a long, long time before I reach that number. But then again, I haven't been able to add a drive-thru library book drop to my list of cache finds - LOL

Hope you enjoy many, many more!

covefarm
07-23-2005, 03:37 PM
800!!! Wow.....that is just incredible. You should write a book!!!!! Congratulations.

TwoMaineiacs
07-23-2005, 04:05 PM
800 is years away for us. Congratulations!!

Anne

EGSG
07-23-2005, 06:27 PM
Thanks for all the kind words, but more importantly thanks for hiding the caches. Things have certainly changed since we started. There were about 250 caches in the state and Brdad leading the pack with 60 caches. We'll never forget the first email we got from him. We saw the email, and it was like the gods were talking to us. We opened the email and he said "What did you do to Old 470? You were the last to find it before it turned up missing." The gods were not pleased. Since then we are more concerned about our LTF (last to find) then our FTFs. So we don't know how many we have, but do have FTFs in 3 different states.
We enjoyed meeting fellow cachers on the trails, to name a few - Mstelee on our 5th cache and Haffy on our 50th, and Parmachenee on that memorial day doing "Halfmile".
As I was writing this we were discussing our favorite caches. The first one on both of our list is "Battleship" it was one of our first caches. We spent an entire weekend on it and loved every minute. More recently we enjoyed Beckets on Deer Isle and Sudonims in Frankfort. In between, we remember the caches, but not the names or the hiders, sorry. But Dyslexic's Nightmare, Stacked on Stillwater, Grout Trail, Twister Sister Cedar Stump, the kids cache, Etna bog, and Sharon's 2nd favorite Frick and Frack come to mind
Again thanks for the hides.
Ed and Sharon

msteelee
07-23-2005, 08:03 PM
You once told me you knew I was hooked on geocaching from seeing me look for The Brady Gang Cache my first weekend out! And, I've been happy to see you both on the trails since then and at the events. Who knew our paths would cross again in such a happy way, eh? Be careful with those Texas caches - wear your boots, Sharon! I have three Texas caches to my name, and was very, very careful about reaching in holes under trees and rocks! I'll miss you but remember that you have set the bar very high for your friends remaining here in Maine! Fondly and with all best wishes,

MsTeeLee

WhereRWe?
07-24-2005, 07:21 AM
As I was writing this we were discussing our favorite caches.

Sheesh! And I thought the one in the light post was on EVERYONE's list of favorites! LOL!

:p :p :p

G Force
07-24-2005, 06:15 PM
Well done Ed & Sharon on passing the 800 mark and you beat me yet to another milestone but we won't be far behind.

I was hoping to pass him before I went back to work but he kept finding all the new Maine caches and once they move south I expect it will be harder to catch them.

See you in October where we'll fit some Mass. caching in.

parmachenee
07-25-2005, 09:32 AM
Great job Ed and Sharon...we will surely miss you when you leave. We'll always remember our search for pucks in the woods together and meeting you on the trail and at the events. Don't forget, we still have one last meeting at the Sea Dog before you leave. See you soon.

Frank and Charron

we3beans
07-27-2005, 09:43 AM
Wow, an incredible feat! May your days be sunny and the batteries never run low.

John and Diana