View Full Version : Why doesn't anyone post here anymore?

Fins_Up
02-27-2013, 09:28 AM
I used to enjoy all the discussions and information that was shared here. Now I check-in here and sometimes it is a full week and there are no new posts. What happened? I still post responses here and there but there is not much to respond to lately. Is there something that made everyone stop?

Haffy
02-27-2013, 12:02 PM
I used to enjoy all the discussions and information that was shared here. Now I check-in here and sometimes it is a full week and there are no new posts. What happened? I still post responses here and there but there is not much to respond to lately. Is there something that made everyone stop?

Maybe it's just that time of the year when nobody gets out much and just not much to talk about? I miss all my Maine geocaching friends.

brdad
02-27-2013, 12:57 PM
This is typically a slow time of year. But undoubtedly some have stopped coming because they didn't enjoy some of the arguments/banter/discussions going on. Even more so, I think much of it can be accounted to social media sites. We only have so much time to see what's going on, and many people check into Facebook, Google+, and others which have geocaching groups already there, so I think many catch up there and leave it at that. It's too bad, because some things are better asked or discussed in a forum. Plus, it's hard to have some of the information we have here available on the social sites.

Mainiac1957
02-27-2013, 05:55 PM
Jason, I still check in here multiple time a day and post once in awhile. As well as keeping the event list up to date. I really would like to see folks back on here more, but I often wonder if it will ever happen. maybe little by little we can get things going again. I am all for that.

attroll
02-27-2013, 06:34 PM
I check in on a regular basis also.

JustKev
02-27-2013, 10:17 PM
I think the sites like facebook are the biggest reason no one comes here much anymore. Everyone figures they're getting all they need to know from there.

Fins_Up
02-27-2013, 10:23 PM
I really enjoy reading the posts here and responding. The more contributors, the more fun it is. Hopefully it will pick back up. I see there are a lot of voyeurs from the number of views vs. the number of replies ;)

Ekidokai
03-03-2013, 04:14 PM
I too check in often. Don't post much because I have other sites I am tormenting on a regular basis. I had be noticing the same thing, I will do better.

eebee
03-12-2013, 03:11 PM
I too check in often. Don't post much because I have other sites I am tormenting on a regular basis. I had be noticing the same thing, I will do better.

yay! more tormenting here!

Mainiac1957
03-13-2013, 06:02 AM
Elaine, It's just Mike. Remember, he lost his mind awhile ago and is now fairly harmless...:)

JustKev
03-13-2013, 08:35 AM
Elaine, It's just Mike. Remember, he lost his mind awhile ago and is now fairly harmless...:)

Alleged mind......

farmer and wife and "G"
03-13-2013, 03:59 PM
Alleged mind......

Alleged mind, that is funny.

Ekidokai
03-13-2013, 07:21 PM
and this list keeps getting longer.

noreasta
03-14-2013, 07:43 PM
We'll I guess I'm guilty .this the first time I've signed in weeks or longer....I finally downloaded the app for my smart phone... I need to check in more often