View Full Version : Summer Plans

Mainiac1957
02-28-2013, 06:52 AM
So who has started making plans for this coming summer? It's never too early to think about where to go for a caching trip.

We are not going to Geowoodstock in Florida as we had planned. Instead we are going to the mega in Fredericton in July and the one in Quebec over Labor Day weekend. Both will be long weekend trips and we plan to camp in Fredericton and hotel it for Quebec. These should be lots of fun. We've never cached in either of those cities so it's all open territory for finds. It would be nice to see a strong showing from the Maine cachers. With so many mega events to choose from it makes it hard to decide. If you look at the event list on the front page, the ones listed with red lettering are the megas. Never been to a mega? They are a whole different experience.

JustKev
02-28-2013, 09:17 AM
We don't have any definite plans for anything other than a trip for just me to go see my newest grandchild after she's born. That'll be in August. We want to get more caching in over the warmer months but the getting out there and doing it part is difficult with schedules like ours. We'll see what happens.

Fins_Up
02-28-2013, 11:07 AM
No summer plans yet. I would love to attend another mega this year. One in Canada sounds fun. I don't have any finds up there yet :cool:

Mainiac1957
02-28-2013, 07:21 PM
Jason, you should try and fit it in. Uncharted territory is always fun.

firefighterjake
03-01-2013, 08:20 AM
No big plans . . . did Alaska last summer and just got back from the Carribbean . . . time to start saving up money for next year's trips. Probably just some camping, kayaking and ATVing this summer.

cano
03-01-2013, 03:56 PM
I'm planning the same. Already started learning French :)