View Full Version : Garmin Etrex Vista C program

Starzz
07-27-2005, 12:28 PM
Does anyone have City Select North America v6?

Sue :)

d’76
07-27-2005, 12:47 PM
I can get it.

Sabby
07-27-2005, 01:34 PM
I got City Select version 6.02 when I got my GPSMAP60C a few weeks ago. Do you have a question about it that I might be able to answer??

Starzz
07-27-2005, 04:12 PM
Well I don't have it but would like to have it. Was thinking maybe swapping a copy for MetroGuide Canada v4.

d’76
07-27-2005, 04:16 PM
That might be against the law:D

Starzz
07-27-2005, 04:21 PM
ohhhhhhhhhh yeah!! forgot about that part!! ;) darn it!

brdad
Hmm, I coulda sworn I saw a post in here earlier about setting examples...

WhereRWe?
Does anyone have City Select North America v6?

Sue :)

I have it. Do you have a question? If you'd like to see it, we can demonstrate it for you when we come to Campobello next week! For example, we could demonstrate the autorouting features while you're showing us where the caches are! LOL! :D :p :p

Sabby
07-27-2005, 05:09 PM
It requires an unlock code to be able to access the data and then it locks it to the GPS you are using. Additional codes need to be purchased if you want to use it on other GPSr's. It does include Canada as a part of its database.

WhereRWe?
07-28-2005, 07:12 AM
It requires an unlock code to be able to access the data and then it locks it to the GPS you are using. Additional codes need to be purchased if you want to use it on other GPSr's. It does include Canada as a part of its database.

But you can use TWO unlock codes per copy of the program.

Garmin told me that this is often the case when you buy City Select from a vendor on eBay. The copy of the program you get is new, but was taken from a bundled GPSr/software set. The software is factory preset for the specific GPSr it was solf with, and won't work unless you have the same GPSr it was designed for. This happened with the software I got from eBay, but I got great help from Garmin.

Garmin explained that this happens a LOT, but that since you are allowed TWO unlocks per copy, all you have to do is call Garmin and they'll give you a second unlock code and tell you how to set the software for your GPSr.

So..... If you want to trade software with someone, it will probably work as long as they didn't already use a second unlock code.

:D

Starzz
07-28-2005, 12:08 PM
I will have a look at the program when/if I get to meet you next week!! I have to go somewhere Tuesday or Wednesday. I am hoping its Tuesday tho!!