View Full Version : Hot Off the Press

bearfirefighter
07-29-2005, 09:18 PM
I had the chance yesterday to meet with firefighterjake, an old bud of mine from school and Fire/EMS. When he's not eating smoke for Bangor, or when I'm not improving my drive time from Knox to Thayer Unit in waterville (14 min during a code) :) we're caching.....Jake also works for the Village Soup press, and he's had the chance to meet with me and some other cachers in the midcoast area. When the article hits the press-I'll let you guys and gals know.

Bear

attroll
07-29-2005, 11:49 PM
I know a person that goes by the name firefighterjake. I have been snowmobiling with this person. Does firefighterjake own a SkiDoo 500SS snowmobile?

firefighterjake
08-01-2005, 03:23 PM
I know a person that goes by the name firefighterjake. I have been snowmobiling with this person. Does firefighterjake own a SkiDoo 500SS snowmobile?
Is this same person you speak of witty, possessing a self-deprecating sense of humor and a kind and gentle person who many aspire to be like . . . a man who . . . . :) Yeah Rick . . . it's me . . . but my SkiDoo REV didn't blow up! :)

firefighterjake
08-01-2005, 03:26 PM
I had the chance yesterday to meet with firefighterjake, an old bud of mine from school and Fire/EMS. When he's not eating smoke for Bangor, or when I'm not improving my drive time from Knox to Thayer Unit in waterville (14 min during a code) :) we're caching.....Jake also works for the Village Soup press, and he's had the chance to meet with me and some other cachers in the midcoast area. When the article hits the press-I'll let you guys and gals know.

Bear
And I could use some help . . . I was hoping to interview some other Waldo County cachers but other than an initial reply from one and a reply from BearFirefighter I've heard nothing. Nevertheless Seth was very easy to interview.

I do have some questions which maybe the BBS community here could help me with before I write the article . . . which will be soon.

Question 1) Does anyone have an approximate guess-timate on the number of geocachers in Waldo County?

Question 2) Does anyone have an approximate guess-timate on the number of geo-cachers in Maine?

Question 3) I don't necessarily need to know any of your real names . . . but I would like to mention the fact that geo-caching covers a wide spectrum of ages, sex and occupations . . . I would love it if you could provide me with your age, sex (male/female/other) and occupation.

TFTH (Thanks For The Help)

d’76
08-01-2005, 03:52 PM
UMMMM, I thought you were married...... This is a good cover up though. I'm 5'9" Blond Hair, Blue eyes, Slightly over weight looking for SWFNS how about you. HAHAHA

Just kidding, You could go to the members list and that would give you a rough idea, but not everyone that is a member of GC.com is a member here.:D

firefighterjake
08-01-2005, 04:09 PM
Just kidding, You could go to the members list and that would give you a rough idea, but not everyone that is a member of GC.com is a member here.:D

Looking more for a rough guess . . . thought some Waldo County GCs might have a rough idea on numbers in the County and the rest of the folks here might have a rough guess on numbers for Maine . . . Seth gave me some numbers, but I'd like to get a consensus of sorts on totals.

brdad
08-01-2005, 04:48 PM
It's gonna be hard to get a good list of cachers by county... There are so many that don't visit this site or post their location on gc.com. One bit of info I did figure out the other day - Out of the apx 1100 caches ever approved in Maine (About 790 now active), about 450 different cacher accounts have placed caches. Who knows how many are from away, but that's a lot of cache hiders!

Haffy
08-01-2005, 05:11 PM
Question 3) I don't necessarily need to know any of your real names . . . but I would like to mention the fact that geo-caching covers a wide spectrum of ages, sex and occupations . . . I would love it if you could provide me with your age, sex (male/female/other) and occupation.

TFTH (Thanks For The Help)[/QUOTE]

Hey 52 year old divorced male here,looking for a good woman who likes to cook,clean,do housework,enjoys the outdoors, fishing, and has a nice boat. Please send picture of boat......lol :D

d’76
08-01-2005, 05:26 PM
Do those type of women exist anymore LOL. I have the last one I think.;)

WhereRWe?
08-01-2005, 05:28 PM
It's gonna be hard to get a good list of cachers by county... There are so many that don't visit this site or post their location on gc.com. One bit of info I did figure out the other day - Out of the apx 1100 caches ever approved in Maine (About 790 now active), about 450 different cacher accounts have placed caches. Who knows how many are from away, but that's a lot of cache hiders!

Perhaps Rick can set up some sort of listing by location? I know you could go through the entire member list and pick out those living in the area you're interested in, but it was a lot easier when we had 50-60 members! LOL!

Haffy
08-01-2005, 05:41 PM
Maybe you can get Noreasta to give you an interview but I'm not sure if he is in Waldo county or Knox county. He is one of the most experience cachers in that area.

attroll
08-02-2005, 01:30 AM
Is this same person you speak of witty, possessing a self-deprecating sense of humor and a kind and gentle person who many aspire to be like . . . a man who . . . . :) Yeah Rick . . . it's me . . . but my SkiDoo REV didn't blow up! :)
OK. You don't have to rub it in. But at least it blew up the last good weekend of snowmobiling. That day it blew was going to be a 400 mile day too. I only made about 320 miles of the 400 I think. I did get my sled back. But while it was in I had the frame fixed. If you remember my frame was bent and we re aligned my skis on Moosehead Lake together. Well they were supposed to fix it at the same time when they fixed my motor. Well they replaced the whole front frame. But when I brought it home I noticed a crack in the welds on the tunnel frame from where the dealer bent the frame to try and get the tunnel to align with the new front frame. Well when I brought it back they said they never noticed and don’t think they did it. To make a long story short they had to order a whole new tunnel and put that on my insurance too. My sled is still at the dealers waiting for the new tunnel. It is suppose to be in this month. So I should have it by the end of August. So when I get the sled back it will be a whole new frame and a whole new motor just about. I will post they whole story on the Sled Maine web site later this year once winter starts and that web site gets active again.

firefighterjake
08-02-2005, 09:08 AM
Maybe you can get Noreasta to give you an interview but I'm not sure if he is in Waldo county or Knox county. He is one of the most experience cachers in that area.
I've called him (he lives a couple towns over from me in Waldo County) and e-mailed him, but haven't heard back. I wasn't sure if it was because he might be too busy, he writes a town column for a rival newspaper and was concerned with a conflict of interest or if he felt he has already done a lot of interviews and wanted to give some other folks equal time in the press.