View Full Version : Cache list idea?

tat
08-01-2005, 06:10 PM
Do you know of a place that would be perfect for a cache, but, for whatever reason, you do not want to be the one to place it? Perhaps you are a vacationer and really enjoyed a particular spot and want to share it, but aren't allowed to place a cache far from home.

I konw of at least 3 places and probably more.

Is it feasable to make some sort of list, perhaps like the "wireless" list?

brdad
08-01-2005, 06:18 PM
Why not just use this thread? There is no real need for a GPX file to be maintained, since no one will need to load the whole list and go looking...

That being said, I have thought of this before but held back, it may pop up some interesting locations...

lefty
08-01-2005, 06:22 PM
I'm all ears on this one. Especially in the MidCoast area.

Trezurs*-R-*Fun
08-01-2005, 06:39 PM
This is a great idea, I may even have a few spots that are 50 or more miles south of me and an area that has few caches.

WhereRWe?
08-01-2005, 06:47 PM
Do you know of a place that would be perfect for a cache, but, for whatever reason, you do not want to be the one to place it? Perhaps you are a vacationer and really enjoyed a particular spot and want to share it, but aren't allowed to place a cache far from home.

I agree with BRDAD - just use this thread - and announce that you've found a great place for a cache near "wherever", and ask if anyone in that area would like to place it.

You'll get LOTS of people willing, believe me... :D :D

Haffy
08-01-2005, 07:14 PM
I know of a place in your area Bruce that I have mentioned to you in previous conversations. You know, the one about that hidden falls on the way to the Carrying Place Falls cache. This is an excellent idea Tat,glad you brought this up.

WhereRWe?
08-01-2005, 07:22 PM
I know of a place in your area Bruce that I have mentioned to you in previous conversations. You know, the one about that hidden falls on the way to the Carrying Place Falls cache. This is an excellent idea Tat,glad you brought this up.

We've looked at that a couple of times. We went up there with the intent of placing a cache, but we couldn't find the spot!!! The name of the road has now changed, it's now marked "dead end" (or something like that).

I may have to look again, but it seems strange... :confused: :confused:

Haffy
08-01-2005, 07:34 PM
The road is the Carry Pond road and the place in question is before you get to the cache A Different View of Wyman. If I remember it is just after where the road changes to dirt and there is a handwritten sign on the right hand side on a tree that says Falls or something like that. There is a small turnout right there just before a small bridge.

tat
08-01-2005, 08:25 PM
I promised three, so here goes:

Burnt Meadow Mountain and Pond, 43 55/70 54
Great little climb, fairly popular

Nature Trail West of ME RT 11, 43 34/70 52
Never been on it, never seen anyone on it, just driven by!

Great Brook Trail, East of ME RT 26, 43 31/70 49
Fairly popular, but Iíve never been on it.

covefarm
08-01-2005, 08:47 PM
This listing would be helpful to me since I am new to this sport and am hesitant about my area due to Acadia National Park.................sometimes I don't know what is park and isn't park. Otherwise I assume that you have to get owner permission??!!

becket
08-01-2005, 09:09 PM
covefarm, there are places in ellsworth to put caches