View Full Version : My first find!!

up4atrip
08-06-2005, 09:34 PM
Took a short trip to holiday cache. That was a great hunt quick but a nice walk. took me a while to figure out the hint too many misquitos i looked like i was dancing for little bit. left a fantastic 4 figure took a New Zealand patch. Camera in the cache took a picture. This was a great first find on my own. A lot of lessons learned... BUG SPRAY,BUG SPRAY,BUG SPRAY!!!! ok not a lot but it was quality ;)

Looking forward to more and hopefully taking family out and about the 4 of us would enjoy treasure hunting.

brdad
08-07-2005, 05:49 AM
Welcome to the addiction. You'll have some good memories stored up in no time.

d’76
08-07-2005, 07:38 AM
Welcome aboard, Now be prepared to get eaten alive by bugs and have a huge gas bill.

DAve:D

Trezurs*-R-*Fun
08-07-2005, 07:49 AM
Ahhh. You've opened yourself up to learning a whole new vocabulary also. "Bug spray" takes on a whole new meaning when trying to search for a well hidden cache, lol. Welcome to the "hunt" and look forward to maybe crossing paths with you folks in the field.

Have fun and happy caching.

WhereRWe?
08-07-2005, 08:09 AM
Welcome to the "Club"!

I echo the comments about bug spray - and encourage you to go caching with a partner who can wield the spray while you're trying to write in the log. LOL!

Try and make it to one of our geocaching events. You'll meet lots of "addicts", and be able to learn a lot.

Team2hunt
08-07-2005, 09:54 AM
Glad to see you " found " us. Congrats on your first find, and to many more. It's also nice to see a So. Mainer joining us. We cache more to the south than to the north. Have fun. :cool: Hope to see you on the trails.

Beach Comber
08-07-2005, 05:09 PM
Welcome and have fun! You will soon discover many places and meet many people that you wouldn't have otherwise. Enjoy :D

WhereRWe?
08-07-2005, 05:23 PM
Welcome and have fun! You will soon discover many places and meet many people that you wouldn't have otherwise. Enjoy :D

LOL! You'll probably meet some people you'd wish you hadn't, too! :eek:

Tink
08-10-2005, 06:15 PM
Welcome......any and all insanity is to be taken for granted and joined in on !! LOL :D

J_Cyr
08-10-2005, 06:36 PM
Welcome, have fun!

covefarm
08-10-2005, 08:47 PM
Your life will never be the same.....enjoy!

noreasta
08-10-2005, 11:25 PM
Hope your ready for an addictive fun ride, non stop and lots and lots of gas dollars.

up4atrip
08-19-2005, 10:38 PM
Thanks for the vote of confidence and good will. At least all of you admit that you have an addicition and not even the skeeters in Maine can keep you away. I've learned more history in the 8 caches i've been to then the 31 years I've lived in Maine. I think it's amazing so many places have all been forgotten or over looked in our busy life. :rolleyes: I think it is a shame to loose our heritage and local history.

Thanks for the warm welcome and i hope to see you all on the trail or at an event. I'll have to set some caches in So. Maine not too many down my way. Trying to narrow down a couple loc.

Thanks again
Up4atrip

Team2hunt
08-20-2005, 10:26 PM
Glad to see you " found " us. Congrats on your first find, and to many more. It's also nice to see a So. Mainer joining us. We cache more to the south than to the north. Have fun. :cool: Hope to see you on the trails.
Remember who got you started, and please don't blame me. Now that your training is over your on your own.;)

covefarm
08-21-2005, 09:32 AM
Welcome to a whole new world of discovery and adventure!

Buck451
08-22-2005, 09:28 AM
Welcome. Another one hooked. Good luck and have fun.

up4atrip
09-08-2005, 10:15 PM
Remember who got you started, and please don't blame me. Now that your training is over your on your own.;)

Thanks again! It is highly addictive to be on the hunt. I will use the caching force to log more and more finds. ;) (obi-jun :D)

Be safe.

UP4ATRIP

drbugman
09-09-2005, 09:25 PM
Welcome to highly addictive sport. :D . I've always thought that, if I could, I'd donate a pint of blood at the start of the season if I would buy off the mosquitoes, ticks, and black flies for the year. Of course now my "spare" blood is going to the Red Cross due to Katrina...:(