View Full Version : Nice Web Page update Rick

lefty
08-15-2005, 08:25 AM
I love the new page background. Nice job. :)

Let me know when you have some time so we can get together if your still interested.

Lefty

Haffy
08-15-2005, 09:07 AM
I like it too but less sky and more foreground would have been better I think. Just my 2 cents.

Bluegrass Gyrl
08-15-2005, 09:14 AM
I'm going out on a limb here...I liked it better the other way...the background just seems too busy. Love YOPs pic (I even used it as desktop wallpaper for a while!). And please note I appreciate all your hard work Rick and this is just one opinion. :)

Forest_Nymph
08-15-2005, 09:17 AM
I like it very much! The "big" sky seems like it represents the expanse of the ocean compared to the humble lands of the Maine coast. Works perfectly for me and my eyes! Is this the lighthouse that may be represented on a coin? KEWL!

team teebow
08-15-2005, 09:55 AM
OK, I'm feeling REALLY STUPID here.....all I can see is the old green background. What am I doing wrong? I went to my profile and can't find any setting's there....

Tom T :)

Haffy
08-15-2005, 11:08 AM
Not sure what lighthouse this is but it isn't the Portland Headlight.

Ye Olde Prospector
08-15-2005, 12:33 PM
This is Wood Island Light, It was commissioned by Thomas Jefferson in 1808 about a half mile offshore at Biddeford Pool,Maine. Believe it is a cropped version of one of the Wood Island photos I posted in the gallery. I was CG Liight Keeper with my family from 1970-1972 and now belong to the Friends of Wood Island Light Org that is is process of restoring the structure. I am pleased that the photo is being used on our website.

Cliff (YOP)

attroll
08-15-2005, 01:46 PM
I'm going out on a limb here...I liked it better the other way...the background just seems too busy. Love YOPs pic (I even used it as desktop wallpaper for a while!). And please note I appreciate all your hard work Rick and this is just one opinion. :)Yes you are right it does make the background to busy. I just put it up for a change of pace. I don't know if I will leave it or not. It does not make it a professional looking web site with a background like that.

OK, I'm feeling REALLY STUPID here.....all I can see is the old green background. What am I doing wrong? I went to my profile and can't find any setting's there....

I don't know why you can not see it. Have you tried hitting your refresh key on you browser. It is usually the F5 key. What type of computer do you have and what are you using for a browser?

Rabbit&Turtle
08-15-2005, 01:50 PM
it only shows up for me when using IE, firefox and opera both show a plain green background

Slate
08-15-2005, 01:52 PM

Add me to the list of really stupid too. All I get is the old green background, even with a reload of the page. I am using Firefox v. 1.0.4

team teebow
08-15-2005, 02:34 PM
OK, OK, now I see what everyone is talking about! This is neat and I like it too!

Team Teebow:D

Cache'n Jacksons
08-15-2005, 06:02 PM
Add me to the list of really stupid too. All I get is the old green background, even with a reload of the page. I am using Firefox v. 1.0.4
Apparently the background image is incompatible with Firefox... I'm a Firefox user as well and have only geen the green background. Now that I've seen the background in IE, I think I'll stick with Firefox... too much going on for my taste. :)

lefty
08-15-2005, 08:01 PM
Apparently the background image is incompatible with Firefox... I'm a Firefox user as well and have only geen the green background. Now that I've seen the background in IE, I think I'll stick with Firefox... too much going on for my taste. :)
I only caught it when I got to work using IE at work. I missed it until then, but I still want to give Rick mad props for maintaining the site and giving us a place to hang and share info. :cool:

Thanks again Rick

d’76
08-15-2005, 09:29 PM
augggg!!!!!!!!

I got home after a few beers with some retired sailor types from the navy and don't every try to keep up with them. Trying to type message and realised the we b page had changeed. Whow, kinda trippy. I like like it Rick once I realised that It wasnt my eyes buuggin way out....

Thanks Rick,

DAve:)

covefarm
08-15-2005, 09:40 PM
I just want to comment about the whole web set up here ( since I am a fairly new member.....the parties involved in the evolution of this site should be proud. It is user friendly and such a wonderful resource for the geocaching "world" in Maine and beyond. Thank-you, thank-you.

attroll
08-16-2005, 12:54 AM
I fixed it so Moziila users can see it now. I don't have firefox so I don't know if what I did fixed it there also. I am going to go back to the way it was in about a day. I just wanted to see how it worked out. Like some have said the background is to busy now.

attroll
08-16-2005, 01:43 AM
I just installed Firefox and realized that Mozilla nad Firefox are pretty much tbe same browser. But it also works in Fitefox. I will restore in back in about a day though.

On a side note I noticed that the Googel search in the navbar was messed up when vieing it with anything but IE. So I fixed that.

tat
08-16-2005, 04:44 AM
Wow!! I was sitting here reading messages, and all of the sudden... I can see it too!! I guess it does work in Firefox, after all! I'm sure my dial up does not make it quick. Thanks for the change of pace.

WhereRWe?
08-16-2005, 06:41 AM
Wow!! I was sitting here reading messages, and all of the sudden... I can see it too!! I guess it does work in Firefox, after all! I'm sure my dial up does not make it quick. Thanks for the change of pace.

Yup. Works with Firefox now. I was wondering what everyone was talking about before. What update? LOL!

But I've gotta be honest - don't particularly care for it myself. The web page sliding over the background is kinda annoying.

Oh well... ;) ;)

FFFarmer
08-17-2005, 05:56 AM
Same here, all I am getting is green............but that's OK cause it is John Deere Green

WhereRWe?
08-17-2005, 07:48 AM
I prefer the green. Still, it would be nice if users had the option of staying with the green or picking one or two other backgrounds...

Go for it, Rick! LOL!

firefighterjake
08-17-2005, 08:38 AM
I haven't been here that long, but I have to say while I have a special affinity for lighthouses I find the green background less busy and easier on the eyes.

attroll
08-17-2005, 01:05 PM
Same here, all I am getting is green............but that's OK cause it is John Deere Green
That is because I changed it back to the origanol screen now. It no longer has the photo in the background.