View Full Version : logging cach

agingelm
08-15-2005, 02:04 PM
NewBe here. If two or more people are together caching how do we log the find? Can only one person claim it as a find?

Haffy
08-15-2005, 03:17 PM
You all can claim it as a find unless you are the first to find it ,then the actual first person to find the cache can log it as a FTF (first to find).

Cache'n Jacksons
08-15-2005, 06:08 PM
I would say it depends on whether each person had their own Geocaching.com account, or whether it was a single account for the group. We travel as a family most of the time and only have one account, but I have seen a few where husband/wife, father/son, boyfriend/girlfriend have separate accounts and place separate logs.

attroll
08-16-2005, 12:28 AM
NewBe here. If two or more people are together caching how do we log the find? Can only one person claim it as a find?
Yes you can both log the find. This is done all the time when we cache in groups. So there is not issue with it.

WhereRWe?
08-16-2005, 06:44 AM
I would say it depends on whether each person had their own Geocaching.com account, or whether it was a single account for the group. We travel as a family most of the time and only have one account, but I have seen a few where husband/wife, father/son, boyfriend/girlfriend have separate accounts and place separate logs.

Yes, and then there's "husband/wife/dog"... Three logs... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

agingelm
08-16-2005, 08:55 PM
Thanks for the help. Been chching with someone and now he is hooked and wants his own account. Thanks for the help

FFFarmer
08-17-2005, 05:38 AM
Now the big question is........When he gets his own account, can he go back and log the finds he has done with you, and with the dates he has origionally found them?

Mainiac1957
08-17-2005, 05:55 AM
As we've seen by what some southern cachers have done in the past, you can pretty much do whatever you want when it comes to logging caches. GC.com doesn't regulate that much at all. You need only to place your own set of guidelines as to how you want to record cache finds. My personal rule of thumb is if I don't sign the logbook then it's not a find. The exception to that rule is I'm with a group and one person signs for all of us. Then it's still a find. Hope this helps a little. See you in Sept. at the Cache Bashe. :cool:

WhereRWe?
08-17-2005, 07:28 AM
See you in Sept. at the Cache Bashe. :cool:

You've really been plugging this event Brad! LOL! Is it going to top you're previous efforts?

Dancing girls perhaps? A band? Fireworks? A flyover by some KC135's from Bangor ANG BASE? :eek: :eek: :eek:

we3beans
08-17-2005, 09:57 AM
Y'know, we've got as many women as men in the group....so if you're gonna have dancing girls, we request Chippendales (not the furniture type either).

WhereRWe?
08-17-2005, 11:00 AM
Y'know, we've got as many women as men in the group....so if you're gonna have dancing girls, we request Chippendales (not the furniture type either).

Well, I was actually going to mention them as well (Chippendales), but I couldn't remember the name at the time! LOL!

But since Brad is sponsoring the event, I also assumed that he would take care of that part of the entertainment. :eek: :eek: :eek:

attroll
08-17-2005, 01:03 PM
Now the big question is........When he gets his own account, can he go back and log the finds he has done with you, and with the dates he has origionally found them?
My answer would be yes. If they did go and find the caches then they can go log it but to put the date that they went and found it not the date they are logging it on GC.

Mainiac1957
08-17-2005, 04:12 PM
I nominated you for entertainment commitee chairman, You can have whatever you like. I'm afaid I may not have quite as much booty to give for door prizes as last year, but I am planning a few games and suprises.

we3beans
08-19-2005, 10:01 AM
We just got our football schedule yesterday and we are going to miss the event due to a football game in Winslow (I think?). Bummer. We are going to skip the football game the next week to make the Aroostook County event though. (It's only against Hampden).

EGSG
08-19-2005, 08:22 PM
My answer would be yes. If they did go and find the caches then they can go log it but to put the date that they went and found it not the date they are logging it on GC.

I guess it's up to the individual. Both of my kids did quite a few caches with me before they got their own accounts. But they both refuse to log them now. They say "I didn't sign the log, I can't claim the cache". OK, I understnd that, but they won't even claim the virtuals we've been on. They say they weren't a member of GC.com then and how can you have a log earlier than your joining date?
"From the mouths of babes........."

Haffy
08-19-2005, 09:21 PM
Hey John and Diana ,I wouldn't bother going to the Winslow game either cause the Black Raiders are going to whip your a-- and that would be a shame to miss the event for that.....lol ;)

we3beans
08-23-2005, 09:45 AM
yeah, well....we'll lose alot of games again this year, but we keep holding out hope. This will be a big game for our nephew though 'cuz he'll be playing against many of the kids he used to play with when he was little. If we can make the tail end of the event, we'll try. Go Trojans!