View Full Version : Ammo cans are in

Haffy
08-31-2005, 08:48 PM
JFYI I found out that CheaperthanDirt has the 6 pack of ammo cans once again for a great price if anyone is interested:cheaper than dirt.com six 30cal. for $20 (+s/h of course)

Beach Comber
08-31-2005, 09:20 PM
Haffy - do you really have a blog? when I go to the link in your signature it brings me to a place to create one - which i am not really interested in doing - thought it would bring me to yours. OR are you just advertising the yahoo blog opportunity? hehehe

Haffy
08-31-2005, 09:29 PM
Hmmm yeah I do have one I'll have to check that out,thanks.

covefarm
09-01-2005, 03:21 AM
My husband reports that Marden's (at least in Ellsworth) has ammo cans: small for a dollar something and he said a double wide for two something.

brdad
09-01-2005, 06:05 AM
I believe the URL haffy should be using is http://360.yahoo.com/haffy6.

Cache'n Jacksons
09-01-2005, 06:35 AM
I'm sure there are still some ammo cans down this way that are fresh from Iraq. All sizes and shapes, and great prices. All info is in this post (http://www.geocachingmaine.org/forum/showthread.php?p=4246#post4246).

Haffy
09-01-2005, 06:42 AM
Thanks Dave!!! Don't know how that got there...lol

WhereRWe?
09-01-2005, 07:29 AM
My husband reports that Marden's (at least in Ellsworth) has ammo cans: small for a dollar something and he said a double wide for two something.

I was at Marden's in Waterville yesterday and didn't see any there. Possibly since they're reducing inventory for their move to the new location. ;)

becket
09-01-2005, 08:10 PM
i checked marden's in ellsworth and didn't see any ammo cans. it was the first time i was even in the store, so may just have missed them. i wasn't going to buy any - just wanted to see what they had. there were lots at the military store in brewer last week. i got a bunch and will be replacing all my rubbermaid containers.

firefighterjake
09-02-2005, 11:02 AM
i checked marden's in ellsworth and didn't see any ammo cans. it was the first time i was even in the store, so may just have missed them. i wasn't going to buy any - just wanted to see what they had. there were lots at the military store in brewer last week. i got a bunch and will be replacing all my rubbermaid containers.
They're still there . . . $2.50 for the small ones and $4 for the larger ones . . .

I know personally I prefer the ammo cans to tupperware . . . I have yet to find an ammo can fully of water or moisture. I know I'm a lot more apt to leave items in an ammo can than a tupperware container if it seems as though there's a chance that moisture will get in and ruin the items I'm leaving behind . . . plus when ammo cans are $2.50 they must be pretty close in cost compared to tupperware.

becket
09-02-2005, 01:27 PM
thanks! i will check again next week. big stores overwhelm me, i think. lol

covefarm
09-02-2005, 05:54 PM
My husband said that the ammo cans at Marden's in Ellsworth is in the back by the lumber and nuts and bolts. Hundred the other day he said.

becket
09-02-2005, 09:04 PM
lol i didn't see the lumber either!

covefarm
09-02-2005, 09:52 PM
Hi next time I am in Marden's I will check myself. It was a week ago. Things go fast. The word about geocaching is out.