View Full Version : Casey

EGSG
09-13-2005, 10:12 PM
As most of you know we are moving to Texas in a few weeks. Unforunately, we can't take Casey with us. We don't want to give him to just anybody, as he's a great dog. The two families we had in mind both dropped out at the last minute.
As he is a great caching dog, no - he can't find a cache, but the only thing he loves more than going for a hike is riding in a car. Well, maybe laying on a couch, watching TV, with his people is in there too.
He loves being around people. We thought a caching family would like to adopt him
He's a great family dog as he has always lived with cats and is great with kids.
He's an 8 yr old German Shepard / Shelti mix. He's been fixed and has all his shots.
If you're interested send us a message or call us at 947-1118

J_Cyr
09-13-2005, 11:46 PM
Sorry, don't need another dog. Wish you could take him, but reason I am responding... have a good trip. I always wanted to live in TX actually :)

WhereRWe?
09-14-2005, 06:28 AM
I'm a cat person - not a dog person, sorry - but I was wondering why you can't take him with you if he loves riding.

I know my cat HATES riding, but I'd find a way to take him with us if we moved. When we came to Maine from North Carolina, we brought 3 cats with us. Sheesh! What a trip! Two adults. Two kids. Two cars. Three cats. LOL!

Cache Maine
09-14-2005, 08:00 AM
I adore Casey and wish that I could take him...but I don't have the proper room and time for him. Best of luck to you on your move...you will be greatly missed.

EGSG
09-28-2005, 08:02 PM
We thought we would bump this as we are down to two weeks left here. We really hate the thought of giving him to strangers, and as he's a great geocaching dog and we really hoped a Maine geocacher would adopt him.

WhereRWe?
09-28-2005, 08:48 PM
We thought we would bump this as we are down to two weeks left here. We really hate the thought of giving him to strangers, and as he's a great geocaching dog and we really hoped a Maine geocacher would adopt him.

Hmmm... When you say "he's a great geocaching dog", do you mean that he won't give the cache away, or that he is more than willing to spill the beans? LOL! :eek: :eek: :eek:

EGSG
09-28-2005, 09:42 PM
Hmmm... When you say "he's a great geocaching dog", do you mean that he won't give the cache away, or that he is more than willing to spill the beans? LOL! :eek: :eek: :eek:

No, he's never found a cache. He loves to walk in the woods. He may stop and sniff, but he will never get out of your sight. We have never put him on a leash in the woods.
I meant he's a great companion on the hikes. We've been on a few very difficult bushwacks and always found it easier on the way back to follow Casey. We tell him it's time for a ride and he finds the best way back.