View Full Version : I Lost my wedding ring!!

Hiram357
09-26-2005, 10:11 PM
:( Just a note to anyone who may be doing the "Line Drive" cache over towards liberty... if ya could please keep your eyes open for a titanium wedding, I lost it and I'm pretty sure it was at this cache.
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=7518f47b-e1f8-4556-9942-8ea6000eccbe

Mainelyroses
09-26-2005, 11:11 PM
I guess I was there the day after you were..but sorry, I didn't find it. I wish I had known so I would have been looking.
Rose

Cache Maine
09-27-2005, 07:29 AM
:( Just a note to anyone who may be doing the "Line Drive" cache over towards liberty... if ya could please keep your eyes open for a titanium wedding, I lost it and I'm pretty sure it was at this cache.
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=7518f47b-e1f8-4556-9942-8ea6000eccbe
Oh no! Did you go back and check the cache and the immediate area yourself? It might still be there. I know that cache has had a few finders after you but it might have been overlooked. I found something in a cache once that I believe never should have been there but nobody has ever come up to say they lost it. I have no way of tracking the owner. Bummer! I hope you find it!

firefighterjake
09-27-2005, 09:27 AM
Hiram . . . I'll be doing this cache sometime before this weekend. If someone doesn't get there before me to help you out I'll make sure I pay close attention . . . no guarantees of course.

J_Cyr
09-27-2005, 09:02 PM
Thats horrible news. I feel bad... wish I could do something to help!

firefighterjake
09-28-2005, 10:03 AM
Hiram . . . looked this morning . . . didn't see it though.

Hiram357
09-28-2005, 04:40 PM
Hiram . . . looked this morning . . . didn't see it though.thanks for looking, one of these days before the snow i'll probably go back with a metal detector.

J_Cyr
09-28-2005, 08:25 PM
I would go as soon as you could... if thats possible. I lost my GPS today for about 20 min and was ticked, I can't imagine how you feel... Its too bad, I really home it comes up one way or the other!!

Hiram357
09-28-2005, 08:34 PM
I would go as soon as you could... if thats possible. I lost my GPS today for about 20 min and was ticked, I can't imagine how you feel... Its too bad, I really home it comes up one way or the other!! heh, yeah, once I put my GPS in a cache and just before I closed the lid, I was like WAAAIIIIT A MINUTE!!! THAT BOUNCY BALL TRADE ISN'T WORTH THAT!:o

J_Cyr
09-28-2005, 09:02 PM
Awe common, A gps in a cache would be a cache I wouldn't mind to travel too! :) Its good to see you still have your head high ;)

noreasta
09-28-2005, 09:29 PM
i only live 4 miles from the cache and go by there many times during the course of a month and still have yet to go find the cache , so i will look for it soon when i get a chance

firefighterjake
09-29-2005, 12:35 PM
i only live 4 miles from the cache and go by there many times during the course of a month and still have yet to go find the cache , so i will look for it soon when i get a chance
Steve . . . I know it wasn't in the cache container since I opened it and laid out everything . . . and I looked in the immediate area but other than that it could be anywhere . . . just keep your eyes open I guess.

we3beans
09-29-2005, 01:18 PM
We're going to visit the cache on October 8th and will give it a shot with the metal detector. But don't let that slow anybody down from going either...we're not experts with the thing.

Hiram357
09-29-2005, 06:21 PM
Thank you to everyone being vigilant while doing this cache, hopefully some good will come of it.

attroll
10-01-2005, 03:37 PM
Hiram

I will ask the question that your wife has probably already drilled you on. But you have me curious too. How do you lose a wedding ring unless you take it off? Were you thinking about trading it for one of the Mac toys?

Hiram357
10-03-2005, 07:36 PM
Hiram

I will ask the question that your wife has probably already drilled you on. But you have me curious too. How do you lose a wedding ring unless you take it off? Were you thinking about trading it for one of the Mac toys?
No AT I wouldn't do that... It was a really nice pin on compass! heh, J/K, The ring was a loose fit to begin with, and because it was titanium it could not be refitted or returned. soooo it slipped off somewhere.

(it's a really nice compass too):rolleyes:

we3beans
10-10-2005, 10:27 AM
Sorry dude,
we spent about an hour with the metal detector and only found a tin can on Saturday. If you'd like to borrow the metal detector and try yourself sometime, let us know.
Good luck,
John and Diana

Hiram357
10-10-2005, 09:14 PM
:( Thanks for the effort, I think it either fell off by the creek where I climbed up the hill or it fell off in the grass on the walk to woods, I don't know, I don't have much hope of finding it either, I have terrible luck with rings. Last winter I lost my masonic ring that was given to me by my grandfather... still haven't found that one either.